Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
The Walt Disney World College Program (WDWCP) Discuss I got into the program!!!!! in the Cast Members forums; Hey everyone! I just received my acceptance packet - I got into Quick Food service and I will be getting paid an amazing 7.26 per hour (note the slight sarcasm ...
    potterfan16 is offline A-Ticket holder

I got into the program!!!!!

Hey everyone! I just received my acceptance packet - I got into Quick Food service and I will be getting paid an amazing 7.26 per hour (note the slight sarcasm when I say amazing...hehehe). But I'm really excited! I have two weeks to accept my invitation...and I'm defenitely going to take my family into account with this decision. I really want to go, but I'm kind of scared to leave my comfortable southern California and go into the "uncharted waters" of Florida...

I want to make sure this is the correct career move for me (for the most part I think it is...I want to go into HR and the corporate level).

Anyways, if I decide to go I'll be leaving for Florida at the end of August!

I really hope I can work at the Magic Kingdom (since I'll feel more at home - the park is very similar to CA's Disneyland).

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Congratulations!!!!!! That is fantastic. Working for Disney, no matter what you do is an amazing experience.
    Definitely go. Spread your wings. The best decision I ever made was to go away to college. I finally started to figure out what kind of a person I wanted to become. And I was forced to learn that you can't mix red clothes with white clothes. Not that pink isn't a most fabulous color.... but, GOOOO! And it isn't like you are going to Italy for a semester. You will be fine. And you will love it. Best wishes and I look forward to hunting you down on my next trip. I'll be the one wearing the red and gold scarf (wink).
    Dreams Really Do Come True

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    Congratulations! I hope that you chose to go and have a fantastic time! Best of luck!
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Congratulations!!! Have a great time!!
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    I thought you were really thrilled with that amazing pay, I would have been compared to what I was making telling bad jokes while driving in circles. When we're joking we get paid weakly, we weren't kidding.

Thanks for the good wishes! I just want to make sure this is right for me. LOL...yes....sarcasm on the "amazing" pay - the reason it's a little bit for me is because I make almost double that an hour as a Tutor/TA at my old high school....

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    Way to go and good luck no matter what you decide!
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Taking a bite out of life is alwasy good. Scary? yes, but look where you are invited to go and the amazing Disney climate.... Why aren't you there yet? That is awesome and I hope you take the offer, home is a phone call or plane ride away if you hate it, regret is forever if you don't.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    I'm so happy for you!

My son did the August of 07. He really grew up in the 5 months he was there. While in a dorm he came home at least once a month. At Disney he had the chance to have an adult life, which was scary but he came out of it so well. Disney is the master of HR. Also the doors it has opened since he returned is countless. Every professor wants to hear about his adventure, it is the Disney connection that sets him apart. He has also became management since he returned in January solely because of his experiences and thought processes on handling employee's now under him. His HR director had him bring back Disney training info that they got together and shared. Yes, it is outside the box of the classroom but 3 dimensional education. And yes the pay is bad. He took a hit also, but had the time of his life, which is priceless.

coasterfreak516 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quick Service CPs could be in parks(the 4 main parks & water parks) Wide World of Sports or even in the resorts, it is really up in the air instead of say attractions which is pretty much pa, BUT rk exclusive. So all I am saying is don't count your chickens before they hatch but as a former CP, congrats on making it.
    AllAbouttheMouseketeer #224-Michael K. from Buckeye, Arizona

Stays at Walt Disney World
    July 1995: Shades of Green
    April 2000: All Star Sports (Baseball)
    March 2001: All Star Music (Rock)
    January 2006: All Star Movies (Mighty Ducks)
    May 2006: Saratoga Springs (Congress Park)
    March 2007: Saratoga Springs (Paddock)
    August 2007: Port Orleans: French Quarter
    June 2008: Saratoga Springs (Springs)

August 2009: Saratoga Springs

Stays at Disneyland
    May 2008: Grand Californian
    December 2008: Grand Californian

June 2009: Radison/Disneyland Hotel

Working for the Walt Disney Company
    Jan-Aug '07: MGM(Sunset/Lucasland/Backlot)
    Aug '08-May '09: GCC College Program Rep

May '09: EPCOT

onewickedway is offline A-Ticket holder
    Congrats I got in for the same thing but ill be there in May

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    And three cheers for you too. I think fondly of depositing my son at Housing, nervously meeting new friends and room mates. Looking back at the great experience he had just a few short months ago I just can't imagine him not accepting the invitation. Have the time of your life!

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!
    Congrats!! I will be down there in May as well. I will be doing QSFB too.
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

I still haven't given an official decision...I don't know why I keep beating around the bush! I was so sure of doing the program a couple of months ago and now I'm not so sure! I just want to make the right career choice. I don't plan on working in any of the theme parks after I get my degree, but I would like to work for ABC studios in Burbank, CA under HR -they offer internships as well, but I don't know if actually doing the college program first can get me the internship or if I'm able to get it without doing the program first....I'm sorry for being so unsure! I know this is a wonderful once in a lifetime opportunity, but I'm not sure if I should do the program.....any words of enlightenment anyone???

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast