Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The Walt Disney World College Program (WDWCP) Discuss CP confusion in the Cast Members forums; hey everyone, i've got a question about the college program. Someone came to my school about it last semester and I ask them some questions and they told me that ...
    morwen is offline B-Ticket Holder

CP confusion

hey everyone,

i've got a question about the college program. Someone came to my school about it last semester and I ask them some questions and they told me that there wasn't really any thing for those who are doing an accounting degree. But yesterday someone was there again and he said that there was a finace portion to the prgram. So is there something for accountants or not? I really want to know cause I would love to be able to go.

dsnyqwn1 is offline Fastpass Holder
    here is a link to some of the courses offered by the Disney College Program. It includes a business course that deals with finance, accounting and business management.

Disney College Program- Education: Overview

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Quote Originally Posted by morwen View Post
    hey everyone,

i've got a question about the college program. Someone came to my school about it last semester and I ask them some questions and they told me that there wasn't really any thing for those who are doing an accounting degree. But yesterday someone was there again and he said that there was a finace portion to the prgram. So is there something for accountants or not? I really want to know cause I would love to be able to go.
    If your university is set up like my sons when he CP'd this past fall 2 classes were from his home university. 1 from Disney. He went to the department that handled internships. That director set him up with an advisor from the department (college) that dealt with the Disney Internship. They had a set two courses, on-line assignments, papers etc. The curriculum was preset.
    That advisor was able to point him to 3 Disney Course he could pick from for his 3rd class to be a full time student. Necessary not to fall of our family health insurance. It worked out well and stayed at the Honors level at his university. Oddly enough the courses were so well designed fro his home university that he has said he still had plenty of time to work 40 hours a week, do his course work and socialize. He was so tempted to extend another semester down there, but came home and returned to college.