Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
The Walt Disney World College Program (WDWCP) Discuss I Applied!!! in the Cast Members forums; Hey guys! It's been a while since I posted. I've been around, I've just been lurking in the shadows. I just wanted to let everyone know that I have applied ...
    mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder

I Applied!!!

Hey guys! It's been a while since I posted. I've been around, I've just been lurking in the shadows. I just wanted to let everyone know that I have applied for the college program!

I had originally planned on applying next semester (for Fall '09), but my advisor said that if I wanted to do it, I had to do it next semester. So I applied last night. I still have a few hurdles to jump thru. I have to convince my school to accept two "Disney" classes so I can stay a full time student (so I can keep my financial aid and my parent's insurance). I also have to check on a few school issues before I can do it.

I have the presentation next Thursday. I'm really nervous! Could some of you seasoned CP vets tell me about what to expect during the presentation? Am I going to be interviewed during the presentation? If so, what do I need to do to prepare for it? Anything else you guys could tell me would be great!
    - Matt
    Allaboutthemouseketeer #155
    http://anotherdisney.blogspot.com/
    http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/

2009 & 2010 WDW Half Marathons, 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon,

Next Visit to the World: March '09 for Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

ftg09 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I haven't done the College Program yet, but I will be able to in one year! All I can offer is good luck! and keep us posted! I'd really like to know a little bit about the application process too if you'd like to share. Oh, and I don't think they interview you at the presentation. I believe your interview is done over the phone. Have fun!

newdrama12 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I did the College Program for Fall 2008 and plan on being a Campus Rep. for the program next semester. I worked in MK in Tomorrowland Attractions, (Stitch, TTA, and Astro Orbitor) and planning on applying for Fall 2009 as well. As for what to expect at the presentation is just information about what to expect from working at Disney and what opportunities are available with the Company, plus some information about Disney that you may not know.

You will not be interviewed after the presentation, but you will schedule the day and time for the interview. Disney only does phone interviews and then they contact you by mail on whether or not that have a position for you. What role(s) are you applying for?
    You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality" - Walt Disney

I'm going to check Vacation Planner, Hospitality, Transportation, and Attractions. I'm thinking about adding Character Attendant, but I'm not sure yet. I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want Vacation Planner. I do that all the time now, so I might as well have an even more active role in the process!
    - Matt

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    CONGRATS!!!! Keep us informed! I hope to do this when I go to college.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

Quote Originally Posted by mattj4226 View Post
    I'm going to check Vacation Planner, Hospitality, Transportation, and Attractions. I'm thinking about adding Character Attendant, but I'm not sure yet. I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want Vacation Planner. I do that all the time now, so I might as well have an even more active role in the process!
    That is awesome. I'm planning on checking Vacation planner as well. Along with, Character Attendant and not sure what else. I loved attractions, but i think that it is time for something new.
    You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality" - Walt Disney

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Hi Matt!

I can help you with the financial aid stuff, classes and staying on your parents health insurance. I had met with the school advisor and was fortunate because the school advisers own children went through the Disney program, so she knew the ins and outs. Also please go look at a post of mine a week or so ago. New credits are coming up for the work program, 9 credit hours, that would have made it easier when my DS went. He plans on returning for one more CP stint when he graduates from college. Shoot me a PM with any questions about staying a full time student/insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Hi Matt!

I can help you with the financial aid stuff, classes and staying on your parents health insurance. I had met with the school advisor and was fortunate because the school advisers own children went through the Disney program, so she knew the ins and outs. Also please go look at a post of mine a week or so ago. New credits are coming up for the work program, 9 credit hours, that would have made it easier when my DS went. He plans on returning for one more CP stint when he graduates from college. Shoot me a PM with any questions about staying a full time student/insurance.
    Another way to get some good information about the program, you could listen to Lou's show number 76, which he devoted to the program as well.

I'm planning on finding the show and listening to it. I have a couple of months worth of backed up podcasts that I have to listen too (just not enough time!), but I'll move that one up to the front.
    - Matt

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Good luck and keep us posted. Hopefully all your school "hurdles" will fall into place.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

I cleared one hurdle today (sort of). My parent's insurance company will cover me as long as I am full time (regaurdless of where I take the classes - 1/2 @ school 1/2 @ Disney).

So, 1 down... 6 more to go!
    - Matt

Update: I talked with my school's internship coordinator and he said that WDW is an approved internship site. So I got more good news today.

Now I'm fighting with the registar's office to let me take some of the classes for credit. It seems like they are trying to be difficult! Do any of you know how Disney would let the school know that I took those classes? What I mean is, do they provide a transcript?
    - Matt

I just asked a friend of mine who is currently a campus rep. for the CP and he said that upon completion of the class or classes that you will be a certificate stated that you successfully completed the class. That way you can take or send it back to your school letting them know that you completed it successfully. Hope that this helps a little.

Thanks! I just got an email back from Disney saying the same thing. This could be a problem. I just hope my school will approve the classes.

I'm going back to the registrar's office in the morning to fight...er... I mean discuss this further.

Keep your fingers crossed! I'll update as soon as possible.
    - Matt

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!
    Hey guys! It's been a while since I posted. I've been around, I've just been lurking in the shadows. I just wanted to let everyone know that I have applied for the college program!

I had originally planned on applying next semester (for Fall '09), but my advisor said that if I wanted to do it, I had to do it next semester. So I applied last night. I still have a few hurdles to jump thru. I have to convince my school to accept two "Disney" classes so I can stay a full time student (so I can keep my financial aid and my parent's insurance). I also have to check on a few school issues before I can do it.

I have the presentation next Thursday. I'm really nervous! Could some of you seasoned CP vets tell me about what to expect during the presentation? Am I going to be interviewed during the presentation? If so, what do I need to do to prepare for it? Anything else you guys could tell me would be great!
    That's awsome!! Good luck with your interview! It's really easy and simple. For the most part now, interviews are done over the phone. So after the presentation, the recruiter helps set up a time for the interview. For the interview, just remember to keep smiling (they can tell, even over the phone), be honest with your answers, be relaxed, and just have fun. The recruiters are really nice.

Ooo, definitely add character attendant! I've done that role twice now, and love it!
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast