Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The Walt Disney World College Program (WDWCP) Discuss Working in WDW for a college break? in the Cast Members forums; Sorry, new here. Not even sure if this thread can even be under this folder. I read up on the Disney's College Program, but I'm wondering if WDW hires students ...
    lazycanine is offline A-Ticket holder

Working in WDW for a college break?

Sorry, new here. Not even sure if this thread can even be under this folder.

I read up on the Disney's College Program, but I'm wondering if WDW hires students to work ONLY DURING fall and/or spring break.

Obviously the College Program is an official internship for a whole semester, but I'm looking for temporary employment in WDW, if it even exists.
    So basically I'm not exactly looking to be a part of the internship. Though jobs require weeks' worth of training, right? Ergo it wouldn't make sense to be able to work just for a college break...
    Call it a stupid question. Ridiculous, moronic, "you're joking," etcetc
    But I've heard light rumors meaning otherwise? Which is why I'm asking...

Answers appreciated.
    Last edited by lazycanine; 11-14-2008 at 01:07 AM.

newdrama12 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Most of the roles at Disney takes about three days or so of training, so Disney doesn't hire just for breaks. But if someone has seasonal status, they can work on school breaks, which many people I know do.
    You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality" - Walt Disney

cavaliers60 is offline A-Ticket holder
    you should give the program a try. It is a blast and you do have the chance to earn college credit while down there. You also get the chance to meet many different people from around the world and make new friends. It truly is a great experience you wouldn't want to miss. After you complete the program, you can be set up for seasonal status. I have a friend here at my school who does that.

If you have any other questions about the college program, hit me up.

lazycanine is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks, guys.