Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The Walt Disney World College Program (WDWCP) Discuss CP Questions in the Cast Members forums; Hey all I am applying for the Fall Advantage 2009 and I was wondering a few things? Firstly what would you say is the best role? I know you might ...
    ckrisie is offline A-Ticket holder

Question CP Questions

Hey all I am applying for the Fall Advantage 2009 and I was wondering a few things?
    Firstly what would you say is the best role? I know you might just like yours but for those who have done it more than once?

What are the classes like?

Did you all make money during your program? does the cost of everything i.e. housing, groceries, doing fun things, balance out or something?

Lastly, what was the worst thing about the CP?

Thanks a lot for your help!

goodguy20k is offline A-Ticket holder
    I'll take the 3rd and 4th questions (I haven't been in the CP yet).

The answer to how much money you'll make depends entirely on the role you get (don't get me wrong here, few of the roles make more than the minimum amount they list), and how many hours you work.

I have built a spreadsheet (I'm a geek, what more can I say?) to crunch the numbers, and so far I've got them balancing out. Now, I'm not taking a car, so I don't have to worry about those expenses, nor will I have the option of driving around.

There is a concern about how many hours Disney will be needing of it's employees this year, because of economic issues, so we need to be ready for that sobering reality.

As to the last question... The WAITING. :P 'Nuff said by this hopeful applicant.

-Daniel

envypeterpan is offline Fastpass Holder
    I love custodial! Almost all of my friends that were not custodial tried to transfer to it since they realized it was a lot more than cleanign up trash. It's one of the few roles that allows you to walk around and talk to guests the majority of the day.

I wasn't a fan of the classes. Mine ended up not transferring in the end. My college lied to me. I was actually signed up for two more, but I was not very impressed with my first two that I decided to just do the work thing. It did kind of help me in that college feeling though.

I actually came out ahead by a lot and I have tons of souveniers that I brought home. I did work tons of overtime however which allowed me to come out ahead instead of behind, plus I don't drink, which helped a few of my friends to come out in debt.

Honestly, leaving was the worst part about being a CP. Looking back I don't have any moments that I don't regret. It was hands down the best decision of my life.
    -Brent
    "It's the time of your life, so live it well" ~ a bug's life

I have a Disney book coming out in the first week of March. Stop by www.fromscreentotheme.com for more details!

newdrama12 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by ckrisie View Post
    Hey all I am applying for the Fall Advantage 2009 and I was wondering a few things?
    Firstly what would you say is the best role? I know you might just like yours but for those who have done it more than once?

What are the classes like?

Did you all make money during your program? does the cost of everything i.e. housing, groceries, doing fun things, balance out or something?

Lastly, what was the worst thing about the CP?

Thanks a lot for your help!

I'm applying for the Fall Advantage as well, as a returning CP.

The best role depends on what you are really into to. For me, it is attractions but that is just me.

As for classes, I have no idea. I wanted to do the Entertainment classes, but they started in the middle of my program and I forgot to sign up for them.

As for making money, I just depends on how many hours you work, and how much attention you pay to the amount that you spend. But yes, you can make money from the program.

The worst thing about the program is definitely the waiting to hear if you are offered a role and having to say goodbye to your friends at the end of the program, when it is time to go back home.
    You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality" - Walt Disney

ckrisie is offline A-Ticket holder

Question

Few more questions:

If you are Attractions do you only have one ride or a few or what?

What does PAC stand for?

Is it easy to get extra hours?

Thanks!

newdrama12 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by ckrisie View Post
    Few more questions:

If you are Attractions do you only have one ride or a few or what?

What does PAC stand for?

Is it easy to get extra hours?

Thanks!
    In attractions, it depends on where you are casted. Some attractions, it will be the only one that you have. Others you will have two or three.

PAC stands for Parade Audience Control. It is the CMS that makes sure the Parade route is clear of guests and that people can still move around.

Yes, extra hours are very easy to get. There are literally hundreds of shifts that are available every day. So the hours are there, if you are willing to pick them up. Many of the shifts don't require any special training at all.
    You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality" - Walt Disney

princesslb is offline A-Ticket holder
    i just looked at my partners debit card account and i still have a couple hundred dollars on it! i guess i did make a little more money then i thought, but dont go in it expecting to be a millionaire and add to your savings lol
    "all my wishes will come true."
    CP alumni spring 2008

megs is offline B-Ticket Holder
    i've heard that once everyone is mostly settled in that they go to walmart and pick up the little extra's and stuff? just how much on average do you say people spend on the first day?

and realistically, how much will each person spend on food/necessities (i.e.: shampoo, paper towels, etc.) a month?

oh, and this question is for any alumns: from experience, or observing others, which would you say saves more money, buying only for yourself what you need, or buying in bulk and splitting the cost with others, as far as groceries/ necessities and such.

thanks!!

princesslb is offline A-Ticket holder
    i think that you're better off doing the food on your own. its hard to see how much you could share with possibly 7 other roommates. also, i ended up not liking my roommates too much so i wouldn't have wanted to share things with them anyway lol. me and my one roommate who i actually shared my room with got a long great though. we shared the cost of our bathroom things and would split milk and bread and things we didn't use too much of.
    the first day i spent money on dinner and then we went to walmart to start setting up the apartment.
    i think your spending per week will depend on how often you go out. i personally went out to eat every day because i dont cook much. but if your gonna cook i am sure that is a good way of saving money. dont forget to ask local places even outside of wdw if they offer discounts for castmembers ..i remmeber panera always did
    "all my wishes will come true."
    CP alumni spring 2008

megs is offline B-Ticket Holder
    oh, well i probably wouldn't go out to eat every night, and the whole splitting the cost with your one roommate thing is pretty much the basis of what i meant, not necessarily an entire apartment! thats a little nuts. lol. great, thanks for the info!