Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The Walt Disney World College Program (WDWCP) Discuss End of the Road. in the Cast Members forums; Hi Everyone, I got my letter from the WDWCP today. Unfortunately, I was not accepted. Oh well. I have a lot of things to do in the meantime until Fall ...
    Mickey626 is offline B-Ticket Holder

End of the Road.

Hi Everyone,

I got my letter from the WDWCP today. Unfortunately, I was not accepted. Oh well. I have a lot of things to do in the meantime until Fall 2010, which is the next time I plan to apply, IF I apply again. However, Fall 2010 happens to coincide with our (probably) last trip the World together as a family- hereby dubbed as "Project Elias." This trip will be the 8th trip to the World since our first in November 2000. Despite my general despair at not being accepted, this will neither damper my spirits for my upcoming 1 night/2 day stay in 3 weeks, nor will it IN ANY WAY discourage my love and devotion to the Walt Disney Company. I just wished I could have been a part of it sooner. Perhaps next time.

"Now, bring me that horizon!" - Captain Jack Sparrow

mickey626's List O' Trips to the World:
    2000- (November) Disney's Wilderness Lodge & Villas
    2003- (October) Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge & Villas
    2004- (November) Disney's Contemporary Resort & Villas
    2005 (March) Disney's Polynesian Resort
    2005 (December) Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge & Villas
    2007- (May) Disney's Beach Club Resort & Villas
    2009- (March) UPCOMING Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort 3/17-3/18!!!
    2010- (TBD) Disney's Wilderness Lodge (WDW) OR Disney's Grand Californian Hotel (DLR)

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder
    Aw, sorry you didn't get accepted. Maybe you could call or write and ask why you weren't accepted? Say you want to know how you can improve your chances of being hired somewhere else or something. If you did apply again it might give you an area to focus on doing something different in at least.
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

I think I have a good idea why I didn't get accepted. I think it's because a.) I only applied for 3 roles, one of which was character attendant, which they said was in very high demand, and also b.) I have no previous work experience. They even went so far as to tell me during my interview that I would have a likelier chance of getting accepted if I applied for QSF&B, but I declined, since this is a role that I am physically not capable of right now. Thanks for your support

2010- (TBD) Disney's Wilderness Lodge (WDW) OR Disney's Grand Californian Hotel (DLR)

Rico117 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    bummer! im glad you wont let this experience affect your love for disney. I hope that you apply again and try to follow this. Have you tried getting a position on your campus? i know that here at my school there are always student jobs and those always are good experience. Have fun on your upcoming trips.

Quote Originally Posted by Rico117 View Post
    bummer! im glad you wont let this experience affect your love for disney. I hope that you apply again and try to follow this. Have you tried getting a position on your campus? i know that here at my school there are always student jobs and those always are good experience. Have fun on your upcoming trips.
    Yes, I have tried. I've put in interest in working as an assistant at the Visual Communcations Lab, since VC is my major Also, the college bookstore is taking applications but they're not hiring until August probably. We'll have to wait and see!

coasterfreak516 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey626 View Post
    I think I have a good idea why I didn't get accepted. I think it's because a.) I only applied for 3 roles, one of which was character attendant, which they said was in very high demand, and also b.) I have no previous work experience. They even went so far as to tell me during my interview that I would have a likelier chance of getting accepted if I applied for QSF&B, but I declined, since this is a role that I am physically not capable of right now. Thanks for your support
    It all depends on the role availability pretty much. They always say, the more roles, the more opportunity so that could have been a big part of it. The no work experience idea is not that big. As long as you were yourself in the interview and showed enthusiasm and had no red flags, you should get it.
    AllAbouttheMouseketeer #224-Michael K. from Buckeye, Arizona

Stays at Walt Disney World
    July 1995: Shades of Green
    April 2000: All Star Sports (Baseball)
    March 2001: All Star Music (Rock)
    January 2006: All Star Movies (Mighty Ducks)
    May 2006: Saratoga Springs (Congress Park)
    March 2007: Saratoga Springs (Paddock)
    August 2007: Port Orleans: French Quarter
    June 2008: Saratoga Springs (Springs)

August 2009: Saratoga Springs

Stays at Disneyland
    May 2008: Grand Californian
    December 2008: Grand Californian

June 2009: Radison/Disneyland Hotel

Working for the Walt Disney Company
    Jan-Aug '07: MGM(Sunset/Lucasland/Backlot)
    Aug '08-May '09: GCC College Program Rep

May '09: EPCOT

EricaMAmerica is offline A-Ticket holder

Nervous now!

GEEZ that scares me! I didn't think people didn't get accepted; must be the economy. For roles I selected Hospitality, Recreation, Character Attendant, and Bibbidi Bobbidi Botique Hostess. During my interview, when asked, I said I would consider Merchandise, but it would be at the bottom of the list. I am a hotel, restaurant, and tourism management major with extensive resort experience. I hope I am accepted! This has been my dream for so long! Now I am nervous!!

goodguy20k is offline A-Ticket holder
    Sorry about that. If it makes you feel any better, many people aren't getting in. To some extent, it's looking like they're taking people who have been in college longer (I'm technically a Junior), above Freshman and such, so if that's what you are, I encourage you to apply again next time! (Spring '10, w00T! )

Erica, here's hoping you get a shiny purple folder in the mail! (Actually, it's a big white envelope that contains a purple folder. Just hope you don't see a small white envelope in the mail.)

-Daniel

DarGoku368 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey626 View Post
    You denied Quick service foo and beverage. Dude that roll is actually pretty awsome. I worked at Columbia Harbor House and it was awsome. Good luck next time though. (Try to broaden your horizons. Limiting yourself only limits your chances of getting it) I think I checked all but custodial. My roommate was custodial though and he liked it.
    4 8 15 16 23 42

"Rat, schmat, besides...they're tourists...what do they know?"

thepurplefoldercp.blogspot.com

DarGoku368 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Sorry about that last comment.......I didnt read the part at the end where you said you werent capable of doing QSF&B. Good luck anyways man.
    4 8 15 16 23 42

"Rat, schmat, besides...they're tourists...what do they know?"

thepurplefoldercp.blogspot.com