Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The Walt Disney World College Program (WDWCP) Discuss WDW college program in Disney WORLD in the Cast Members forums; I want to apply for the fall 2010 advantage but i have some questions! Dont laugh if some are stupid!lol Question 1: For any one who didnt get accepted after ...
    laflare is offline A-Ticket holder

WDW college program in Disney WORLD

I want to apply for the fall 2010 advantage but i have some questions! Dont laugh if some are stupid!lol
    Question 1: For any one who didnt get accepted after they applied can you tell me what you think went wrong? How did the interview go?
    Question 2: I heard that they want you to have a clean look but can you wear makeup? what about having bangs?
    Question 3: Can you pick who you room with?
    Question 4: What are reasons that people get terminated?
    Any other important info would be nice

Rico117 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: WDW college program in Disney WORLD

I can answer 4.
    People get termed left and right. It is insane in the first few months to randomly see people leave. some of the top reasons are underaged drinking, providing alcohol to minors, having over night guests, harboring terminated cast members, having weapons(everything is a weapon...basically) and there are many more.
    those are basically the housing ones and i would just advise you to be careful. I am extremely careful about the decisions I make because I cannot afford to be termed.
    (please add anything else I missed)

Question 3
    It is very easy to room with someone. There is a form to fill out and when you check in you can just choose to live with each other.

I cant really answer the others but I can refer you to the website and the disney look tab.
    Ricoscast@gmail.com
    College Program Aug. '09-Jan. '10
    Professional Intern Jan'10-Jun '10
    WDW Operations
    Disneyland Guest Relations
    WDW Visits
    Feb. 1996, July 2008- GF, August 23 2009- Hilton

DLR Visits
    Too Many to even put a number on

DLRP
    July 2009- DHS and DLP

laflare is offline A-Ticket holder

how do they find out about all that stuff!?!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

He is currently in the Program as is Joanna, that will likely chime in, a day or two.

My son did the program for the fall of 2007. His group had a huge amount of people sent home within the first 24 hours for having an under aged drinking party. Gone. My son too was very careful (or careful not to be caught). They have security in each campus housing. Sometime others report them. My son had a 36 year old CP who liked his sleep living in the building across the way, with no tolerance for young people. From what my son told me if you keep the noise down and doors locked, they are less likely to mess with you.

My son was told he would be hired at the presentation when he spoke to the rep 'cause he had a skill they were short on. He had his acceptance within a week or so. He was pushing 21 when he went so he had some maturity behind him also, which likely helped. His friend from birth just came back in September, was 22 and a monorail drive, took him right away also.
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 10-30-2009 at 04:47 PM.

envypeterpan is offline Fastpass Holder

Security did a lot of random checks when I was on the program. The first day they told us that half of us wouldn't be there by the end of the program. Half of my roommates got kicked out and about half of my friends at work and from around the apartments were kicked out as well. I made sure I didn't break any rules since I loved Disney and didn't want to jeopardize anything. If you are going to do any drinking I'd be extremely careful if you have any underagers with you. One time one of my friends had an underager drink at his apartment and while she was walking back to her apartment security stopped her and she ratted out his entire apartment. They were all gone the next day.
    -Brent
    "It's the time of your life, so live it well" ~ a bug's life

I have a Disney book coming out in the first week of March. Stop by www.fromscreentotheme.com for more details!

horchata is offline A-Ticket holder

wow they dont mess around

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!

Quote Originally Posted by laflare View Post
    I want to apply for the fall 2010 advantage but i have some questions! Dont laugh if some are stupid!lol
    Question 1: For any one who didnt get accepted after they applied can you tell me what you think went wrong? How did the interview go?
    Question 2: I heard that they want you to have a clean look but can you wear makeup? what about having bangs?
    Question 3: Can you pick who you room with?
    Question 4: What are reasons that people get terminated?
    Any other important info would be nice
    1. I can't answer this question, unfortunately. All I can say is to apply again

2. You can wear makeup, and have bangs.

3. Yes. You are guaranteed one roomate that you can live with.

4. Some reasons for being termed include underage drinking, drugs, too many points at work/too many call-ins, ect.
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

morwen is offline B-Ticket Holder

In answer to number 1 if you don't get in it's probably one of two things: You interviewed late and most slots where filled (try using the online presentation and interviewing as soon as possible) or you weren't enthusiastic enough (which if you like disney enough to be on sites like this then it's probably not that)
    Melli

Disney vists
    May 1997 - off site
    May 2007 - Pop Century
    Dec/Jan 2008/09 - New Year's Eve at POFQ

future
    Jan-May 2010 College Program
    Oct 2010 - Polynesian

GoofTrooper is offline Come along and join the fun

I must admit I am a bit nervous, my phone interview is in a week, we just had the presentation today. Some of the ex CPs I talked to said I should be fine, I'm such a fan, just have to make sure my enthusiasm shows through.
    Adam
    I see they're loading our navigator R2-D2 and then we'll be on our way. So sit back, relax and enjoy the flight...

newdrama12 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by GoofTrooper View Post
    I must admit I am a bit nervous, my phone interview is in a week, we just had the presentation today. Some of the ex CPs I talked to said I should be fine, I'm such a fan, just have to make sure my enthusiasm shows through.
    Just make sure that your enthusiasm shows through and that you are personable. Most of all, make sure that you smile. I know this sounds crazy, but they can tell on the phone whether you are or not.
    You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality" - Walt Disney

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!

Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

ydonohue is offline A-Ticket holder

Do not call in if you can help it!! It's VERY easy to not want to work, and just play in the parks or be lazy, but seriously don't do it!!! Don't be late if you can help it either, attendance is a big thing that can cause you to be termed. Also, I don't know if they do reviews for the CP cast members anymore, but my manager actually put my review as a permanent on my record. So if they look it up, it's there and says I was a very good cast member and would be rehired, others can easily put a negative note on someone if they didn't like them and if you ever wanted to work for the company you want only the best.

Otherwise, others are what everyone else mentioned, underage drinking and parties and stuff. I was in a wellness apt and my roommates weren't loud so we never had random checks or anything, but I did meet people I never saw again and wondered why they were gone.

Oh yeah!!! Sound confident in your interview, be positive and happy. I was nervous as heck, and I had my time wrong written down when I did it, thought it was 4:15 my time and it was 5:15 so I thought they weren't calling! Just don't bring up or think anything negative, they'll probably ask you things like "If you have to work early in the morning, and your roommates are being loud, what would you do?" (If you're going for character attendant, something like this one "If the characters have just gone in for the day, and a guest wants to see them and asks, what would you do?" My guess would be to point them to a parade or maybe a dinner show or something and let them know what time they can see so and so. (I've never been an attendant and wouldn't know what to do, having been a character is a completely different experience!!) Anyways, you get the picture, I hope it goes well!!

GoofTrooper is offline Come along and join the fun

Did my phone interview tonight. I think I got nervous and then I talk kinda fast. Got asked questions about previous customer service. I might get one of my first two, attractions or quick service (she kept asking questions about my cash-handling experience and about speaking in front of a large group). I just hope I was enthusiastic and confident enough on the phone. I'm gonna be on pinsand needles till I get my notice.
    Adam
    I see they're loading our navigator R2-D2 and then we'll be on our way. So sit back, relax and enjoy the flight...

Did my phone interview tonight. I think I got nervous and then I talk kinda fast. Got asked questions about previous customer service. I might get one of my first two, attractions or quick service (she kept asking questions about my cash-handling experience and about speaking in front of a large group). I just hope I was enthusiastic and confident enough on the phone. I'm gonna be on pinsand needles till I get my notice.
    I'll be rooting for ya! Good Luck!!
    When life throws you garbage, you use it to climb!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast