Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The Walt Disney World College Program (WDWCP) Discuss Housekeeping Anyone??????? in the Cast Members forums; I got in for housekeeping, but I really don't want that role. I did not put it down as a role choice and we did not discuss it in the ...
    caramelde17 is offline A-Ticket holder

Housekeeping Anyone???????

I got in for housekeeping, but I really don't want that role. I did not put it down as a role choice and we did not discuss it in the interview. I really wanted hospitality. And thats my major in school right now. Anybody else get housekeeping?

Sara3W is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Housekeeping Anyone???????

when i was a CP in Spring 2008, I was front desk/runner. during my time as a runner, i of course encountered a lot of cool peeps in housekeeping...not to mention that i worked at pop century, the biggest resort! but don't be too down about getting housekeeping, the program overall is a great experience, and if you think about it, there are plenty of cons. One, you're inside majority of the day, so no temperature or weather discomfort. two, you get to surprise guests with little cute knicknacks while they're gone, trust me, they love coming into the room and seeing special little touches that have been left for them.....just try to make the best of it. and even though it's not necessarily what you wanted, you're still working in the hospitality line of work, you'll gain extensive knowledge of the resort and how it works while you're there.

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

that and you get tips if i had that spot i would go outta the way to give each room a lil extra something.. because sadly i have never gotten anything special from mousekeeping at my stay and i tipped good hopein they would
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy&Tayen View Post
    that and you get tips if i had that spot i would go outta the way to give each room a lil extra something.. because sadly i have never gotten anything special from mousekeeping at my stay and i tipped good hopein they would

Haha, when I stayed at Pop we noticed that when we walked by other rooms there were towel animals in the windows and we never got any... so we started tipping more and even writing thank you notes to try to up the service. And never got anything STILL! I'm starting to think that as a housekeeper it's better to NOT give the room something special so that they keep upping the tip to try to get something! hahaha

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy&Tayen View Post

Haha, when I stayed at Pop we noticed that when we walked by other rooms there were towel animals in the windows and we never got any... so we started tipping more and even writing thank you notes to try to up the service. And never got anything STILL! I'm starting to think that as a housekeeper it's better to NOT give the room something special so that they keep upping the tip to try to get something! hahaha