Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The Walt Disney World College Program (WDWCP) Discuss fall or spring program in the Cast Members forums; I would like to do the college program but i'm not sure if I would rather do the spring or fall program. which one do you guys think would be ...
    iluvdisney is offline B-Ticket Holder

fall or spring program

I would like to do the college program but i'm not sure if I would rather do the spring or fall program.

which one do you guys think would be better to go for?
    Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas
    "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." -- Walt Disney

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!

Re: fall or spring program

It's really personal preference. But I always prefered doing the Fall program myself. I loved being down at Disney for the major holidays. It's such a great time of year
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

I guess fall would be cooler temperatures than spring if that is a consideration for you.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by joanna71985 View Post
    It's really personal preference. But I always prefered doing the Fall program myself. I loved being down at Disney for the major holidays. It's such a great time of year
    I think my DS would agree with you. He liked being there for the Food & Wine Fest, Halloween and Christmas Parties. Hotels and Parks being decked out. Now the dicey part truly was Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.

My sons area that he CP'd in was closed Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day,(a rare thing in Disney) where his inner Circle of CP-Family was working. He took a girl to dinner on Thanksgiving night, so that worked and my DD and I were down there through Thanksgiving morning. Christmas Day was going to be tough. So it might depend on how you feel about being away from your Family at the major holidays.

Story Time
    Knowing my son for the first time was feeling a bit home sick about Christmas....

I bought 2 dozen 2" x 2" boxes. I put anywhere from $5 to $50 (50 in one). I put a note in each box paper-clipped to money. Then wrapped each and every box. Put the 20 boxes in a big box, wrapped that also and Fed Ex'd the box to him. I told him in advance to watch for the box and that it could not be opened until Christmas Day. Torture. He was to call home when he was going to open his Present Christmas morning, we all got on the extensions when he called.

I had pulled out my Birnbaum book, went to all the stores in DTD and a few in the Parks that I knew he loved or had seen something he contemplated purchasing. The notes & $$ in each box had a store name and instructions to go there and spend that money there and to call us when he purchased something and tell us what his Christmas present was from that store. He also had a 40% discount at that time from Disney so the money went a lot farther. It was fantastic, he was in touch with us all Christmas Day so he felt apart of the family and he was busy while all of his fellow CP employees were working extra long hours on Christmas.

It was a Christmas to be remembered forever.

disneymaniac87 is offline Counting Down To My Next Trip!

It is definitely a personal preference but all my friends that have done the CP internship have preferred the fall because of the above reasons. They loved the decorations, the parties, and the celebrations that would occur in late fall/eary winter in Disney!
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations
    '92, '93, '94, '96, '97, '99, '03, '05, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12(x2)

"All you need is faith and trust..."

kittywade823 is offline A-Ticket holder

im considerig fall myself for the holiday celebrations and my birthday! hope we both make it in!

Donald Duck is offline B-Ticket Holder

As previously stated, it's a matter of preference. But I loved my Fall Program, precisely because I got be there for the major Holiday celebrations. Cinderella's Castle is quite a sight to behold when the Christmas lights are on, and Holiday Wishes are a blast. Check out Streets of America at Hollywood Studios during the Lights Festival for a treat that you cannot miss. And Holiday Illuminations-Words cannot adequately describe Holiday Illuminations. I'd recommend doing the Fall Program, but the choice is ultimately yours.
    Program 1- May 09-Jan-10- Custodial-WWS
    Deployment- Epcot- Food&Wine Festival
    Shades of Green- Children's Miracle Network Classic
    Hollywood Studios- Christmas Season- Osborne Dancing Lights Festival
    Program 2- Jan 10-May 10- ODF-MK
    Next Program- Coming to a theme park very soon

wdwmike1988 is offline A-Ticket holder

Honestly I would say it's a matter of personal preference. I can tell you this much however... When you work during the spring program you get less holidays however the park is fairly empty during the month of January which was definitely a perk when I first started my CP in Spring of 2010. Fall is a great time to do a program too with all the holidays and decorations around Disney. The work load is about the same either program however the weather is not. YOU WILL WORK ON HOLIDAYS... This is pretty much a given. If you work the fall program expect HOT temperatures during the summer months and cold to freezing temperatures during the fall months. Regardless of what program you choose you're going to have a great time and make memories that will last you a life time... If you have anymore questions feel free to ask.

Mike
    "If we can dream it... We can do it."

Spring 2010 CP Graduate and current CM!

hisuisan is offline A-Ticket holder

personal preference most def