Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
The Walt Disney World College Program (WDWCP) Discuss KacieG's CP Adventure! in the Cast Members forums; I am SO exhausted! I have two 2pm-11pm shifts today and tomorrow then I will be spending Wed and Thurs in the parks. Anyone who's in the area please let ...
    KacieG is offline D-Ticket Holder

Re: KacieG's CP Adventure!

I am SO exhausted! I have two 2pm-11pm shifts today and tomorrow then I will be spending Wed and Thurs in the parks. Anyone who's in the area please let me know so we can maybe grab a bite or ride an attraction.

DCP - Attractions - Disney Quest - Aug. 10th, 2011 - Jan. 6th, 2012

simba is offline A-Ticket holder

I am quite jealous of this whole experience you are having! I plan to apply in September for the spring. I look forward to reading your future posts in hopes of preparing myself. Good luck!!
    David Simba Zitzelberger
    Author, Painter, Disney Enthusiast

Author of the fictional Disney novel "Magical Escapades":
    http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/magicalescapades

Disney College Program Fall 2012--Merchandise

Blog: www.magicalescapades.blogspot.com

2011-December, Port Orleans Riverside
    2011-March, Day visit to Wilderness Lodge
    2010-May, Disneyland
    2009-June, Hilton Grand Vacations
    2008-December, Port Orleans Riverside
    2007-July, Pop Century
    2004-August, All Star Movies Fantasia
    2002-June, All Star Movies 101 Dalmatians
    1995-July, Dixie Landings

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!

Quote Originally Posted by simba View Post
    I am quite jealous of this whole experience you are having! I plan to apply in September for the spring. I look forward to reading your future posts in hopes of preparing myself. Good luck!!
    Yay! Good luck to you. You won't regret it
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

Took a quick solo trip to Magic Kingdom yesterday, Aug 18th. And... I got to meet eeyore79 - aka Jamie and her wonderful daughter, Kayla!!!

Happy Birthday, you two!

I had a blast with the two of them and we got to ride a lot of rides and get caught in the rain together. Kayla is SO adorable!

After I left them, I was meeting up with a friend who bailed last-minute, so I spent the rest of the day exploring with just me and my camera. It was one of the best times I've had. I got to go at my own pace, stop and take as many pics as I wanted, people watch, and finally search for some of those Hidden Mickeys I've always wanted to find. I'd definitely recommend going to a park alone once if you've never tried it.

The weather turned pretty bad after Jamie and Kayla went to eat with Cinderella so I spent a lot of time trying to take pictures w/o getting my camera wet, so I didn't take as many photos as I would've liked. Click Here to see them!!

But, I was able to walk-on Small World, Haunted Mansion, Carousel of Progress, Philharmagic, and Peter Pan, most of which I rode multiple times.

And I am still exhausted since I had to work early this morning. Short shift tomorrow though, then just 2 more days of training until I take my assessment and finally earn my ears!!
    Last edited by KacieG; 08-19-2011 at 09:12 PM.

Sounds like you are having a great time out there. Very jealous!! Get those ears girl!
    David Simba Zitzelberger

2010-May, Disneyland
    2007-July, Pop Century

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Awe, you got to meet Jamie! Sounds like your time down there is already an adventure.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Very interesting blog! How are you liking your room mates so far?
    David Simba Zitzelberger

2010-May, Disneyland
    2007-July, Pop Century

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Great blog.

Did part of the $300 deposit go toward the first few weeks housing rent?
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by simba View Post
    Very interesting blog! How are you liking your room mates so far?
    They're... you know... roommates. There's a lot of differences which aren't too crazy but we all have sich different schedules so it's hard to really spend time together. Aside from the blatant lack of respect for fellow roommates, it's tolerable.

Granted, mine is super sick from going out drinking 3 nights in a row and kept me up until 4am so I am NOT a happy camper right now... but she's getting ready to go to work as we speak so you can bet I'll be sleeping a couple more hours when she leaves before my closing shift.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Great blog.

Did part of the $300 deposit go toward the first few weeks housing rent?
    Yup. I won't start getting rent taken out until next week's check, which is nice considering my first check was like $65.

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

Quote Originally Posted by KacieG View Post
    Took a quick solo trip to Magic Kingdom yesterday, Aug 18th. And... I got to meet eeyore79 - aka Jamie and her wonderful daughter, Kayla!!!

Happy Birthday, you two!

I had a blast with the two of them and we got to ride a lot of rides and get caught in the rain together. Kayla is SO adorable!

After I left them, I was meeting up with a friend who bailed last-minute, so I spent the rest of the day exploring with just me and my camera. It was one of the best times I've had. I got to go at my own pace, stop and take as many pics as I wanted, people watch, and finally search for some of those Hidden Mickeys I've always wanted to find. I'd definitely recommend going to a park alone once if you've never tried it.

The weather turned pretty bad after Jamie and Kayla went to eat with Cinderella so I spent a lot of time trying to take pictures w/o getting my camera wet, so I didn't take as many photos as I would've liked. Click Here to see them!!

But, I was able to walk-on Small World, Haunted Mansion, Carousel of Progress, Philharmagic, and Peter Pan, most of which I rode multiple times.

And I am still exhausted since I had to work early this morning. Short shift tomorrow though, then just 2 more days of training until I take my assessment and finally earn my ears!!

Hey, that's ME!! Had a great time too meeting you sweetie!! Thanks for the bday wishes!! Thanks so much for spending some time with us, we had so much fun doing the rides with you! Carpets (haha very funny!), Pirates, Big Thunder, and almost Tom Sawyer!! That rain stopped that one! But Kay loved you!! She was sad when you left to go meet your friend!! She was like, where's Kacie? I had to tell you you has to go talk to Mickey! Sorry your friend ditched you btw! But at least you got some solo time to explore! That's the best!! I love your pictures!!

So by now, you had to of earned your ears?!?! That's so exciting! I wish you all the best and I look forward to hearing about your adventures!!!!

xoxox
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore79 View Post
    So by now, you had to of earned your ears?!?! That's so exciting! I wish you all the best and I look forward to hearing about your adventures!!!!

xoxox
    Yes ma'am! I earned my ears on Monday. Yesterday was my first shift alone (as in, w/o a trainer following/guiding me) and it was super crazy. Kids are going back to school so we weren't as busy as normal, but it seemed we had a rush at each place I was at! (Jungle Cruise, Entrance and Exit, CyberSpace Mountain...) I had a lot of fun.

My roommates have all been sick and, I of course wake up sick today... the day I have to work an 8pm-5am special event shift. So, it's orange juice and vitamins for me today. Hopefully I'll get some stuff done around here because you know I"ll be sleeping until like, 3pm tomorrow! lol

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

Quote Originally Posted by KacieG View Post
    Yes ma'am! I earned my ears on Monday. Yesterday was my first shift alone (as in, w/o a trainer following/guiding me) and it was super crazy. Kids are going back to school so we weren't as busy as normal, but it seemed we had a rush at each place I was at! (Jungle Cruise, Entrance and Exit, CyberSpace Mountain...) I had a lot of fun.

My roommates have all been sick and, I of course wake up sick today... the day I have to work an 8pm-5am special event shift. So, it's orange juice and vitamins for me today. Hopefully I'll get some stuff done around here because you know I"ll be sleeping until like, 3pm tomorrow! lol

CONGRATS!! You are now official!!

How was the special event shift?! I never had to work that late for any of the special events that the Museum hosted, but I understand the feeling!!

Hope you feel better soon!!! Get some rest ok!!!! ((hugs))

TTFN!!
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

The event was alright. I think everyone had fun, but managers decided we had too many attractions open to justify because, like with Invasion! and Aladdin, we only had 7 or 8 people ride in 4 hours.

However, it turns out the majority of the people there were still working, so only able to come over on their break and I'd rather eat free food and drink coffee and get my picture with characters if I only had a half-hour.

It was fun, though. A much more relaxed atmosphere and I got to dance with Chip n' Dale. Dale was a total flirt and kept making heart-shapes with his fingers at me from the 3rd floor up to the 5th where I was, lol. Highlight of my night/morning/whatever the heck for sure.

My loud roommate woke me up after only 4 hours of sleep and I am SO sick. Sicker than I have been in ages. Sore throat, ears stopped up, can't breathe or anything... It's probably just a cold mixed with a really messed up sleep schedule, but holy moley do I feel like crud.

I'm gonna try to go back to sleep before I have to take a test for a class back home tonight at 7:30 then I start I weekend full of 12-hour open-to-close shifts.

Super-quick blog update! Kacie's Sandbox

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast