Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
The Walt Disney World College Program (WDWCP) Discuss KacieG's CP Adventure! in the Cast Members forums; Going to Not-So-Scary tonight!! Here's me in my costume. I have no idea what those poses are, lol. I feel more like a marionette or something, I guess. Haha. I'm ...
    KacieG is offline D-Ticket Holder

Re: KacieG's CP Adventure!

Going to Not-So-Scary tonight!!

Here's me in my costume.

I have no idea what those poses are, lol. I feel more like a marionette or something, I guess. Haha. I'm excited! Never been to NSS before!

DCP - Attractions - Disney Quest - Aug. 10th, 2011 - Jan. 6th, 2012

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Cute! You are so funny woman!
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!

How did you enjoy MNSSHP? It's a lot of fun, isn't it.

Love the costume too
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

It was SOOOO much fun! I want to go back right now! lol

Here's a link to my pics: Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party! - a set on Flickr

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

adorable!!
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

What did you do with your roomie, where'd she go?

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Oh geez, I have no idea what's going on. So, the crazy one that said she was going to move out weeks ago is still here. But she works a lot or stays literally locked in her room watching TV so she's not really a problem. We even had a nice conversation last week that I enjoyed.

My in-room roommate decided to drop the bomb on me today that she is moving to another apartment because, she claims, it'll be cheaper. Umm, it'll be only $10 cheaper so I'm not sure if she's angry because I said I'm not OK with her boyfriend sleeping over in our room or that I complain about how she is loud and doesn't clean up after herself... but either way, she's moving in less than 48 hours. No idea where it came from, she just is moving.

Now, she rarely is here anyways. She maybe sleeps here 3 nights a week before her early shifts, but otherwise she sleeps at her boyfriend's apartment or her best friend's. They're all slowly getting stuff shipped from back home as well because they plan on moving in together and all getting jobs with Disney after their CP's, so I guess that works.

Either way, it'll be weird not having her around but I will enjoy having the room all to myself for awhile. Hopefully if/when I get a new roomie she will be awesome.

Or you might not get a new one. The last group has been there for a month and a half so maybe you'll just keep that private room.

Hope they have both finished college.

Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by KacieG View Post
    It was SOOOO much fun! I want to go back right now! lol

Here's a link to my pics: Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party! - a set on Flickr
    Love the pics. You look great!!!
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

Oh geez, I have no idea what's going on. So, the crazy one that said she was going to move out weeks ago is still here. But she works a lot or stays literally locked in her room watching TV so she's not really a problem. We even had a nice conversation last week that I enjoyed.

My in-room roommate decided to drop the bomb on me today that she is moving to another apartment because, she claims, it'll be cheaper. Umm, it'll be only $10 cheaper so I'm not sure if she's angry because I said I'm not OK with her boyfriend sleeping over in our room or that I complain about how she is loud and doesn't clean up after herself... but either way, she's moving in less than 48 hours. No idea where it came from, she just is moving.

Now, she rarely is here anyways. She maybe sleeps here 3 nights a week before her early shifts, but otherwise she sleeps at her boyfriend's apartment or her best friend's. They're all slowly getting stuff shipped from back home as well because they plan on moving in together and all getting jobs with Disney after their CP's, so I guess that works.

Either way, it'll be weird not having her around but I will enjoy having the room all to myself for awhile. Hopefully if/when I get a new roomie she will be awesome.

One of the girls in my apt ended up moving out after a decent chunk of our CP had already passed too. They told us to be ready for a new roommate at any time, and we went without one for about a month. Then when we least expected it a new one showed up. Strange how people move in/out so late into the program. It is nice how they send a cleaning crew once a week until the new roomie moves in though, huh? lol Enjoy your empty bedroom for now, but be ready for someone new too...you never know when she'll show up!
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

I've gotten to meet some pretty amazing people in the classes that I am taking.

Last week I met "Flounder" the principal tech director for the Disney Parks so he's basically over all of the shows and performances... ALL of them. Crazy crazy job.

Yesterday I met Forrest Bahruth - one of the people responsible for the parades the opening day of MK in 1971.
    Forrest Bahruth Interview from Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary Celebration - YouTube

I also met a woman who is part of the casting team for all characters - fur, lookalikes, movers, puppeteers, etc.

And finally, I got to meet Lon Smart, one of the key animators on some of our favorite Disney films:

The Princess and the Frog (clean-up inbetween artist: Premise Entertainment)

2006 The Little Matchgirl (short) (key assistant animator)

2006 Curious George (additional clean-up artist: Project Firefly)

2003 Brother Bear (key assistant animator: "Kenai - Bear")

2002 Lilo & Stitch (key assistant animator: "Captain Gantu")

2000 The Emperor's New Groove (key assistant animator: "Patcha")

1999 Fantasia/2000 (key assistant animator)

1999 Tarzan (additional clean-up artist)

1998 Mulan (key assistant clean-up animator: "Mushu")

1996 The Hunchback of Notre Dame (breakdown artist: "Phoebus")

1995 Pocahontas (breakdown artist: "John Smith")

1994 The Lion King (inbetweener: "Hyenas")

I feel so fortunate right now to be able to network with such INCREDIBLE people!

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

AWESOME!!!

That's amazing Kacie!! You are very lucky!! That's soo cool!! I'm soo jealous! lol

PS. Shout out to you on this week's WDWRadio voicemail at the end from me!!
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

I got Ridley Pearson to sign my Kingdom Keepers book today!! And I got BOTH he and Dave Barry to sign my Bridge to Neverland book. It's late, but I'll post pics tomorrow hopefully.

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I got Ridley Pearson to sign my Kingdom Keepers book today!! And I got BOTH he and Dave Barry to sign my Bridge to Neverland book. It's late, but I'll post pics tomorrow hopefully.
    That's amazing Kacie! Now I'm jealous! Great pics BTW!

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

Hey, everyone. It's been a long time. It's been hard adjusting to like "back in the real world" after my CP, but I miss it every single day. Despite my horrendous roommate situation, I had a blast and would LOVE to eventually go back as a regular CM, not a CP, and maybe work in Entertainment or Attractions again. I'd love to work at Disney Quest again or something. But, who knows?

I'm currently waiting to hear back from the manager of my local Disney Store (at Mall of America) as to if I have a job there or not. I've had 2 interviews, done a background check, and had a blast visiting and helping make some magic for some adorable children. I'd say I'm pretty confident I'll get the job, as soon as they get my paperwork from WDW. They said it takes awhile, so I'm trying to be patient. I just really REALLY want to work for the company again.

I made a YouTube video about Kingdom Keepers 3 & 4 - And show where Ridley Pearson signed my copy of KK 1 (as I mentioned back in November). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFqYX6v2vro I'll show my copy of Bridge to Neverland signed by Ridley and Dave in an upcoming video.
    Last edited by KacieG; 05-20-2012 at 08:26 PM.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast