Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The Walt Disney World College Program (WDWCP) Discuss has anyone ever gotten in with a "pending" application? in the Cast Members forums; i just got an email from the WDW college program thanking me for my interest etc etc and telling me that they were still reviewing my application and qualifications and ...
    HolidayWithMary is offline A-Ticket holder

has anyone ever gotten in with a "pending" application?

i just got an email from the WDW college program thanking me for my interest etc etc and telling me that they were still reviewing my application and qualifications and my application was "pending" and i would know by december 19th 2011. they also told me how competitive the program was and things like that, kind of sounding like i wouldnt get it. i dont think they do this "pending" process to everyone because i know two people who just got in so i was wondering if anyone knows what this could mean, or if i'm reading too far into it or anything hahah.

has anyone ever gotten in with a pending application?

thank you so much for your time

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

Re: has anyone ever gotten in with a "pending" application?

Me! I did the program last spring, and I got a pending email before I got my acceptance. I was super nervous that I wouldn't get in, but I made it. I ended up finding a lot of other people who were pending too...all for different amounts of time. I think I was pending for a little over a month before I finally got accepted, but then I heard of people who were pending for only a week or others who waited over 2 months. There's really no predicting how long it will last. I know how anxious and nervous you probably are...I checked my email over and over and over every day waiting to see if I got accepted. Of course not everyone who gets the pending email gets accepted, but it is a step in the right direction, so keep a positive outlook. I don't know how true it is, but I've heard from a lot of people that a lot of the time pending means they are just trying to figure out where to place you. It's definitely not a bad thing, even though right now it probably feels like it is.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

HolidayWithMary is offline A-Ticket holder

thank you so much for your help! that really makes me feel a lot better! i applied 13 days ago and had my interview 6 days ago and i'm going crazy but trying to stay positive

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Three of my DS's roomies were pending in 2007 and were placed in CS and Merchandising after about 6 weeks. His girlfriend he had meet down there was pending and placed at a hotel CS resturant. I'm thinking after watching these for several years now, some of these roles that have vast amounts of openings takes them a while to jockey all these students into roles. Nothing to base that on besides reading the threads.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.