Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The Walt Disney World College Program (WDWCP) Discuss CM/CP Behavior in the Cast Members forums; Ever since I've started thinking about joining the College Program I find myself trying to be on my best, most smiling behavior, just like a CM! I especially do this ...
    karamie is offline C-Ticket Holder

CM/CP Behavior

Ever since I've started thinking about joining the College Program I find myself trying to be on my best, most smiling behavior, just like a CM! I especially do this at work, I'll think oh, I have to keep smiling because that's what a CM would do. Anybody else like this?

Karamie

esigsby is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Last edited by esigsby; 02-14-2007 at 04:55 PM.

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    I randomly pointed with two fingers today at work, and started cracking up afterwards once I realized. My coworkers didn't understand why. I couldn't explain it, because I kept cracking up. Don't get to give directions very often

karamie is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Haha, I've tried the two-finger point, it feels a little weird! But I guess I'll get used to it sooner or later.

Karamie

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!
    I actually almost did the 2-finger point today. A lady asked me for directions on campus, so when I pointed the way for her, I almost did it. But I didn't, and started laughing afterwards. I MISS DISNEY (hopefully I'll be back in May).
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder
    What's with the two-finger point? I've never noticed CM's doing it. I guess I need to pay more attention next time.

Summer Sun is offline Wishing a certain someone would take me to Neverland
    If a CM doesn't do the two-fingured point...oooo buddy!! LOL JK. It is a Walt Disney Signature Point...you use two fingers to point as not to be rude or offensive AND Walt Disney was a smoker, so when he gave tours of Disneyland he pointed with the hand that held the cigarette (I know...)But, I guess Disney and I were a perfect fit...I have always done the things a CM does...even before i started "officially" working...i mean...playing there. But also remember...don't go crazy forcing the Disney ways...yes, while you are a CP it is required, but when you're there...if you really enjoy what you do...it shouldn't take any work. I have noticed that there are a lot of CM's that just don't fit and that is OK...it's not the place for everyone...they try to hard to be nice...very fake. It takes very special people to make magic and karamie you seem like someone that will be a great addition to our family. Best of luck to you.
    Last edited by Summer Sun; 02-04-2007 at 07:44 PM.
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years
    Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    this thread is about a year old
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Summer Sun is offline Wishing a certain someone would take me to Neverland
    HAHA...yeah...i don't pay attention...lol...but i did describe what the Disney point is!! Thanks for pointing that out tiggerguy!!
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years
    Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

coasterfreak516 is offline Fastpass Holder
    From a current CP to a future here's my advice. Be yourself. I myself just act like my normal self. I am helpful in real life so it isn't something hard for me to do.

elphaba is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I always do the two-finger point! lol Although it gets on my friends nerves...
    RYAN

coasterfreak516 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by elphaba View Post
    I always do the two-finger point! lol Although it gets on my friends nerves...
    Yeah I do it and don't realize it now. That is the worst.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Actually, the two finger point isn't used just by Disney. I think I've seen most airlines using it for years too. I thought I'd read somewhere that in some countries it is considered rude to point, so the two-fingered version gets around that. However, when I tried to find a country where that was true, I came up empty. I did find out that the OK sign is rude in many countries, so travelers beware.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

04CP_ Nolan is offline Dole Float + POTC= Good Day
    several companies have adopted the two-fingered point over the years. it took me a long time to stop doing it, but i remember those days. Disney NOT referring to people as employees was also adopted by other companies over the years. that's why you see so many referring to associates or other things, since the word employee has a kind of lower status feel to it.

ungis is offline E-Ticket Holder

Talking

Yeah, you kinda get stuck with the two finger point. After 6 years of doing my program, I can't help it. My fingers seem to be stuck together, LOL ! ! !
    Can't wait to go back !!!
    First WDW trip June, 1996 - Lots of Disneyland trips in between -Last WDW trip December, 2006
    WDW College Program Alumni - Fall 2001
    Hello to all Disney fans !!!