Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The Walt Disney World College Program (WDWCP) Discuss Differences between WDWCP and Internship? in the Cast Members forums; Ok, I know it's probably a stupid question, but I'm curious. What's the difference in anti-business terms. I mean, I really am considering doing it, but, I'm not quite sure ...
    DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on

Differences between WDWCP and Internship?

Ok, I know it's probably a stupid question, but I'm curious. What's the difference in anti-business terms. I mean, I really am considering doing it, but, I'm not quite sure what the difference is. Can someone explain the differences to me?
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

SoarinFan is offline A-Ticket holder
    The main difference is CP is pretty much any kind of concentration where you don't really work in one facet of the organization. Wherein an internship, you would more likely be concentrated in your field of study, for example, if you're a finance major, your internship would be in a financial area and if you're a marketing major, you'd work in marketing, etc.

Hope this helps,
    Ryan

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    So what if I simply want to work as a CM?

Thanks for actually replying by the way lol.
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

robo85045 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    its generaly the CPers that work as CMs you see in parks doing the ride operations and point-of-sales work, so the CP is what your looking for (I think)
    The hardest task of all is believing in yourself, for who knows all your faults and shortcomings better?

Two tiny wings, eyes big and yellow
    Horns of a steer, what a loveable fellow
    From head to tail, a royal purple pigmant
    and then, WaLaa! you've got a Figmant!

Aspiring to be Cast Member for WDW. See any non-Disney behaviour from me? Point it out!

MKRsrtMonorail is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFREAK91
    So what if I simply want to work as a CM?

Thanks for actually replying by the way lol.
    haha no problem.

My friend is a part-time CM at WDW. If you live in Fla. you might want to do that instead. The CP offers learning benefits as well(additional classes, which I hear are boring and interesting[depending on how anxious to learn WDW you are ) however if you're not looking to get college credit or if you just wanted to work there part or full time, my friend went to Casting.. It's right near Downtown Disney I think. He just called them and asked if they had interviews, got interviewed and got a job.

You might want to try that. waltdisneyworld.com I'm sure there's a career section on that site

Best of luck,
    Ryan

(p.s. - this is "SoarinFan" my brother left his name logged in and I forgot to log out.. oh well )
    :mickey: