Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The Walt Disney World College Program (WDWCP) Discuss College or CP? in the Cast Members forums; So i really dont know what i want to do next year as far as what school im going to go to. Part of my decision process involves figuring out ...
    lovedisprinces is offline Annual Passholder

College or CP?

So i really dont know what i want to do next year as far as what school im going to go to. Part of my decision process involves figuring out if i want to go to school in orlando (UCF) or go to school up here and do CP spring semester either fresh or soph year. The school up here is a lot cheaper, not just because of housing but tuition. So my choices are CP or working CM and school down there.
    "L'amour brille sous les étoiles Illuminant leur cœur Sa lumière
    Eclaire à l'infini Un sublime espoir" -so i dont really speak french but would love to would u amour to?

3 times w/i the celebration
    I'm a millionaire who got to the hot seat

Hogbunny is offline A-Ticket holder
    It's a tough desicion to make. I finally decided that I'm going to finish my associates degree at home and then....Do the CP, extend and then by then I can claim Florida residency. After that, the tuition at UCF will be *way* cheaper and then I can finish there.

I know that may not totally help, but it's an idea.

That is a good idea to cheapen up tuition. Im definatly going to take that into account. thanks
    Eclaire à l'infini Un sublime espoir" -so i dont really speak french but would love to would u amour to?

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!
    I wanted to go to school at UCF in Florida. But due to certain things, it didn't work out (so now I go to a local school). However, after 1 semester at school, I went down on the CP and had the time of my life! And I applied to go back for Fall 2006. So sometimes going to a local school can be a good thing. BTW, I did Spring 2005 for my last CP. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

So you can do cp more than once? Does it put you back credits at all if you dont do the accompaning school portion of the program. That part is a little confusing to me from reading here and what the site says.

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!
    Depending on the school, you can get credits to do the CP. My school gave me 11 credits last time, and if I get accepted I will need 12 (to stay a full-time student, for insurance reasons). And yes- you can do more then one CP. And major yes- doing more then one can put you behind. But as Disney is where I want to work when I graduate, I really don't mind (or care ) much.
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    I recommend the CP idea myself.

-Even though you may be a Disney fan for life, don't go making decisions that could effect the rest of your life based primarily on Disney. Unless you are planning on majoring in hospitality or theme park management, it really just isn't your wisest decision.
    -If you go to school down here, you will be tasking yourself with adapting to a new lifestyle, climate, atmosphere, not to mention classes, and then you want to tag work on top of that? Going away to college in itself is a very demanding experience, and that's without work. Even if you do decide to go to school down here, I recommend taking your first semester or two easy, and not trying to get involved in working right away.
    -The College Program will allow you to come down here and get the experience of working at Disney and living in central florida, but with a lot less burden on your shoulders. You wont have school and classes and homework and bills and all that jazz to worry about... not to mention you will be paid.

I recommend that you take a semester or two of school back at home wherever you're from before doing the CP. This will be a cheaper way to at least grab up some of your general education credits, and will allow you to "test the waters" so to speak, of what college life is going to be like for you. Then do your CP, and find out what it's like to live down here and work for Disney. From there you have more options. You can opt to go back home and finish, or you can decide to transfer in down here, with some school already completed, and continue to work with the mouse.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

I've decided im going into business management and will b staying up here, but now i only have a month to decide which college i go to. One of them is a community college that offers programs through a major state university, but doesnt directly offer the disney program. The other is 45 min away meaning i woul dhave to live there or communte every day. that one offers CP but costs more. I want to do the community one but then id have to make the "not optimistic" counselor understand that they offer the program through the other school. AHHHH so much stress being caused

WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(
    Quote Originally Posted by MainStreet, USA
    I recommend the CP idea myself.

-Even though you may be a Disney fan for life, don't go making decisions that could effect the rest of your life based primarily on Disney. Unless you are planning on majoring in hospitality or theme park management, it really just isn't your wisest decision.
    -If you go to school down here, you will be tasking yourself with adapting to a new lifestyle, climate, atmosphere, not to mention classes, and then you want to tag work on top of that? Going away to college in itself is a very demanding experience, and that's without work. Even if you do decide to go to school down here, I recommend taking your first semester or two easy, and not trying to get involved in working right away.
    -The College Program will allow you to come down here and get the experience of working at Disney and living in central florida, but with a lot less burden on your shoulders. You wont have school and classes and homework and bills and all that jazz to worry about... not to mention you will be paid.

I recommend that you take a semester or two of school back at home wherever you're from before doing the CP. This will be a cheaper way to at least grab up some of your general education credits, and will allow you to "test the waters" so to speak, of what college life is going to be like for you. Then do your CP, and find out what it's like to live down here and work for Disney. From there you have more options. You can opt to go back home and finish, or you can decide to transfer in down here, with some school already completed, and continue to work with the mouse.
    Yeah, what he said.

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009