Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
The Walt Disney World Trivia Books & Audio Guides to WDW Discuss Reviews in the WDWRadio.com forums; Although I don't get to the parks as often as I'd like I do love to read about them as much as possible, and I consider myself to be pretty ...
    Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    Although I don't get to the parks as often as I'd like I do love to read about them as much as possible, and I consider myself to be pretty knowledgeable at the parks even though I can't get there as many times as some. I have read through about half of this book and I already feel much more confident about my knowledge of the parks and I have all the facts right here in one book. Thanks for taking the time to write this Lou, and thanks for making it so affordable for everyone.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.

Better late than never!

I FINALLY posted my review at Amazon, and as Dissylove apologizes for being so late to the game on the reviews, here is a portion of it for all of you as well:

f you have ever marveled at the space in Florida that tourists from all over flock to for a little bit of magic, this book really dissects how Walt Disney World came together to be what it is today!

The author pointedly forms the book in a smart, question and answer style that provides an interesting, informative look at the history, legends, details, rumors and magic that is Walt Disney World.

If you like trivia and want to know more about Disney, this book will both make you more knowledgeable and more appreciative of this American marvel.
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    I got my book the other day and the next chain of events was something like this:
    I opened my package,
    I opened the book,
    I read the book straight through and couldn't put it down!

what an amazing wealth of knowledge! and it's done well so that it doesn't ruin anything for either people who have never been OR veterans!

what a great book and a great value!

Thanks Lou for signing my copy and for writing my current fave book!

If we can dream it, we can do it

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Thank you very much, 7th! I really do get a smile on my face when I read something like that. To know that someone enjoys what you have done is a very unique and wonderful feeling. (and the flattery doesn't hurt either)

Thank you again for the purchase and kinds words - they are both sincerely appreciated
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    I received a number of emails recently about people asking if/when/why Disney doesn't carry the books in the parks. After I'm done weeping quietly to myself I answer, giving the best reasoning I can come up with. People often ask what they can do to try and help make that happen.

Well, I wish there was a "magic" formula, or something that I knew would work, but one thing people have done in an effort to gain Disney's attention is post favorable reviews of the book on Amazon.com. For that, I am extremely grateful, whether Disney ever decides to pick it up or not. But I think that in the long run, it is extremely helpful no matter what, so if you ever feel so inclined and really like the book, take a second r two and post your review of Volume I over at Amazon.com.

Thanks!!!
    Lou Mongello

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    Lou, I loved the first book, when will the second one be availiable to order using a money order?
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

Hey good point!!! I forgot to update the printable order form! (where would I be without you guys?)

-> Form has been updated. Thanks again!
    Last edited by Lou Mongello; 07-05-2006 at 10:59 AM.
    Lou Mongello

Ugh. I just read the Amazon.com page for Volume I, and someone gave me a one star review becuase he 'wasn't expecting' the question/answers format.

If that person visits these forums, I would have gladly given you a full refund out of my pocket, rather than have you give such a devastatingly low ranking, just becuase the format wasn't what you expected. Had you/he read any of the reviews on the page, it is clear that the format of the book is that way. Sorry if you or others were disappointed.

Lou Mongello

Turkey Leg is offline C-Ticket Holder

Thumbs up

Thats okay Lou, wait till you read the review I did for Volume 2! And remember you can't please everyone. Dan Brown was told many times to hang it up, he was just not going to be a writer. I think he is doing ok for himself now.

Ex-Castmember, DVC Member, Animation Expert. . . 100% Disney Maniac!

Next trip : October 2006 / Beach Club Villas.

dxwwf3 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    Ugh. I just read the Amazon.com page for Volume I, and someone gave me a one star review becuase he 'wasn't expecting' the question/answers format.

If that person visits these forums, I would have gladly given you a full refund out of my pocket, rather than have you give such a devastatingly low ranking, just becuase the format wasn't what you expected. Had you/he read any of the reviews on the page, it is clear that the format of the book is that way. Sorry if you or others were disappointed.

You shouldn't even think about giving a refund. What were they expecting? How is that format any different from just stating the facts? It sounds like someone just wanting attention to me.

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....
    Hi Lou
    I love the book, and rated it as a four on Amazon, but it may not show up as I got it from Amazon.co.uk, not the US site.
    My bf has never been to Disney, and has been learning all about WDW since we booked our holiday last year. We sit in the hot tub and read your book and I ask him the questions! What I like about it is that it is different from the usual 'go here do that' books you get about Disney. We have loads of things to look for on our trip now! I will try to get hold of the second book while I am in the US.
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

2tinners is offline Mike Wazowski
    Hello Lou, I finally was able to order both of your books Volume I and II on this site today and I can't wait to get them. My husband says I am a Disney freak and I say "Yaa Buddy!!" We are going in November for our anniversary and will find the books very useful.

I will be back when I receive and read the books.
    Love Disney. I hope to go next spring with the whole family.

i wrote a review for mousetunes on itunes i think its the 71'st lol you should go and read it if ya havve itunes...
    Adrien

Your 14 year old disney expert!

If I go crazy, will you still call me superman?

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    A wonderful review of Vol. 2 is on MousePlanet today: http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=mg060808mg
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

o8catrina8o is offline D-Ticket Holder
    i love the new book great job lou
    1993 - Dolphin
    1995- Aunt House
    1997- Off Site
    1999- Off Site
    2000- Coronodo Springs
    2002- Port Orleans and All Star
    2003- Off Site