Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
The Walt Disney World Trivia Books & Audio Guides to WDW Discuss ** Book Updates ** in the WDWRadio.com forums; Could someone refresh my memory on something? I am just reading the Walt Disney World Trivia Book (first printing, second revised edition). In the Epcot section, question 118, page 119 ...
    DDuck1974 is offline A-Ticket holder

Trivia Answer Incorrect?

Could someone refresh my memory on something? I am just reading the Walt Disney World Trivia Book (first printing, second revised edition). In the Epcot section, question 118, page 119 asks: "Which of the following historical events is NOT represented in The American Adventure show by a scene using Audio-Animatronic figures?" The answer given is a) the signing of the Declaration of Independence. I can agree with that answer technically, but can someone tell me what audio-animatronic figure is used in the Boston Tea Party scene? Seems to me that b) would also be a correct answer.

What am I missing?
    Last edited by DDuck1974; 06-11-2006 at 08:28 PM.

nick.jeschke is offline Annual Passholder
    What scene are you talking about? The only part of the american adventure that involves the Boston tea party is the "paper" from the closing of the harbor. Oh, and also, !

Thanks for the welcome! I am happy to be here.

My recollection is the same as yours -- that there was no audio-animatronic figure in the Boston Tea Party scene. It was only the newspaper headline that drops from the ceiling.

What confused me was that the question I referenced asked for which scene did NOT have an audio-animatronic depiction of the event, but the Boston Tea Party (choice b) was not given as the correct answer. So, I guess what I am ultimately asking is, is that an error in the book?
    "You are not ze first to pass zis vay, nor shall you be the last."

"Welcome back, brave adventurers!"

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    DDuck,

I had a chance to look this over quickly (thanks for buying the book, BTW), and this seems to definitely be an error. My guess is that it may have been an editor/designer issue. Let me explain. Sometimes, as the book is geting ready to go to press, a word or sentence has to be edited or deleted, many times at the last second. So someone may see something that may have been a duplicate option, for example, and have to put something in on the spot. I'm always consulted about these things, but some slip through the cracks. There are other occasions where some things are left in the book intentionally for a variety of reasons.

This one appears to be one of those errors.

Did I mention Volume II is coming out soon?
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Thanks for the info. Just wanted to make sure I was not crazy.

I loved the book, and I will definitely be buying Volume II!
    "You are not ze first to pass zis vay, nor shall you be the last."

"Welcome back, brave adventurers!"

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    I cannot WAIT until volume II comes out!
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13

goofntink is offline B-Ticket Holder
    We want the book...We want the book...We want the red head..oops sorry Pirate withdrawl kicking in.

Waltsmyrealname is offline A-Ticket holder
    ya....any updates on the release date?
    -----
    First trip was in 1971!
    Stayed at Fort Wilderness... I was 10...
    Seems like yesterday....

Turkey Leg is offline C-Ticket Holder

Ex-Castmember, DVC Member, Animation Expert. . . 100% Disney Maniac!

Next trip : October 2006 / Beach Club Villas.

2tinners is offline Mike Wazowski
    Hi Lou, I recently finished both Volumes I and II of the "Walt Disney Trivia" books and really did find them quite exciting. When are you making a third ? Anyway, I have a question for you concerning Volume II, Section One, Question 16. I believe the correct first name for the Senator and landowner that Mr. Disney bought property from was "IRLO BRONSON".

Who was
    Irlo Bronson ?

He was a long-time Osceola County resident, a cattleman and a State Senator for many years. He lived in Kissimmee at the family residence
    located on US 192 near Emory Street.

I recently researched this on the web and he also has a highway named after him in Kissimmee- Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway. Before we stayed on Disney property, we stayed on Hwy. 192.

I hope I am correct in my answer and thanks again for the great books...MORE, MORE.

Your fan,

Susan Wentworth (Husband and I celebrating 25th Anniversary in November in WDW, staying at GF and NO KIDS!!!
    Love Disney. I hope to go next spring with the whole family.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Yes, Ira was a typo.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

penguinmickdis1 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: ** Book Updates **

Is book 3 coming any time soon?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12