Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The Walt Disney World Trivia Books & Audio Guides to WDW Discuss ** Book Updates ** in the WDWRadio.com forums; In this thread, I will post updates, corrections, addendums and notes to the book. If you spot something that appears to be incorrect, out of date, etc., please send me ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

Arrow ** Book Updates **

In this thread, I will post updates, corrections, addendums and notes to the book.

If you spot something that appears to be incorrect, out of date, etc., please send me a PM, IM, or email to lou@disneyworldtrivia.com

Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

Clarification...

Well, here is the first (of hopefully not many) clarifications for the bookPage 42, in the answer to Question 45 regarding the Downtown Disney Marketplace: The answer is worded incorrectly, in that it seems to indicate that Pleasure Island opened in 1999 instead of the actual opening year of 1989.

Clarification: In 1989, the Lake Buena Vista Village (later known as the Walt Disney World Village), became known as the Disney Village Marketplace. In that same year, Pleasure Island opened to the public. In 1996, the Marketplace became known as the "Downtown Disney Marketplace".

This appears to be an unfortunate victim of the editor's "red pen" for clarity and length resulting in answer being incorrectly worded. My apologies for not picking that error up prior to going to press.

Thanks to Tiggerguy for bringing it to my attention.
    Lou Mongello

Another update:

Another book update:

Chapter Three - Epcot: Question #70 - Answer on page 136

The answer should be c.) 3. There are three nations with stars on their flags: United States, Morocco, and China
    Ugh. How did I ever miss that one!!! Talk about your oversight (that's what writing and editing at 4 a.m. does to you). I'll be sure to let my publisher know about it for the next printing.

As much as I hate to see them, please feel free to let me know of any other typos, errors, etc. you may find.

Lou Mongello

Typographical Error:

Chapter One, Question # 22
    The correct answer is b.) Parking lot areas in Epcot.

However, in the answer section, it says that the correct answer is d.) Parking lot areas in Epcot. The typo is in the letter, and it should be "b.)", not "d.)"

This will be corrected in the next printing.

Thanks to princessara for bringing this to my attention
    Lou Mongello

Red face

Ugh. Well, we're human and things happen, so here are two more updates one of my members brought to my attention (thanks to James) and will be corrected in the next printing:

Question# 68 on page 21 - The Great Movie Ride is listed as two of the answers, "a." and "d." The choice for "d." should have been Fantsamic! This unfortunately must have happened when the manuscript went to the designer.

Question# 46 on page 153, the 'boat' in the Backlot Tour is no longer a boat, and it's no longer called Miss Fortune. The water tank demo is based on the film Pearl Harbor now, so the boat has been replaced with a mockup of an engine room. This is part of the problem with questions about current attractions, since they can change almost overnight.

Lou Mongello

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Lou... Hey look at it this way, knowing the Miss Fortune is a good bit of trivia anyway, right?
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

WDWScottieBoy is offline Finally moved to Orlando!
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    Question# 68 on page 21 - The Great Movie Ride is listed as two of the answers, "a." and "d." The choice for "d." should have been Fantsamic! This unfortunately must have happened when the manuscript went to the designer.
    I sent you a PM before finding this thread Lou. I was thinking you might have wanted to put in the Backlot Tour since they have pieces from past movies that moved at one point or another. Walt's airplane, the UFO from Flight of the Navigator, and many other movie pieces. Glad you noticed it though!
    *SCOTT*

UNOFFICIAL WDW TEEN EXPERT!

SAC5286 on AIM (I'm always on and willing to talk)

DWTs very own Disney Commercial Star

WebG is offline A-Ticket holder
    I don't have your book in front of me, so I'm working from memory here. Apologies in advance if I'm completely mistaken.

In the EPCOT section of the book, specifically World Showcase, you say that Canada and Mexico are across the lagoon from each other (true) and that they are placed so that Mexico is on the south side of the US pavilion and that Canada is on the north side of the US pavilion (as they are in real life, Canada to our north and Mexico to our south).

Later in the book, however, you ask what direction the Studios are from Epcot. While I would stick with the technical answer of "southwest", you say that the generally acceptable "south" direction is correct.

Hence my confusion -- if Mexico is "south" of the US pavilion, wouldn't Epcot need to be rotated differently on the map or does that make your answer to the Studios location incorrect?

or am I bonkers about what the book says?

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Welcome WebG! If you get a chance let me know what questions you are talking about and I will take a look myself as well and see. And if Lou knows I am sure he will post something here soon.

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    You know... I'd seen WebG's post here before but I never took the time to stop and think about it. He's right though. The American Adventure pavilian is at the Southernmost point of the WS lagoon. Canada is actually NorthWest of it, and Mexico is NorthEast... neither is South.

Good catch!
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by WebG
    I don't have your book in front of me, so I'm working from memory here. Apologies in advance if I'm completely mistaken.

In the EPCOT section of the book, specifically World Showcase, you say that Canada and Mexico are across the lagoon from each other (true) and that they are placed so that Mexico is on the south side of the US pavilion and that Canada is on the north side of the US pavilion (as they are in real life, Canada to our north and Mexico to our south).

Later in the book, however, you ask what direction the Studios are from Epcot. While I would stick with the technical answer of "southwest", you say that the generally acceptable "south" direction is correct.

Hence my confusion -- if Mexico is "south" of the US pavilion, wouldn't Epcot need to be rotated differently on the map or does that make your answer to the Studios location incorrect?

or am I bonkers about what the book says?

Not bonkers, but a bit confused. I've gone through the Epcot section again, and it appears you're remembering question #93, which asks which is the first country to the left in World Showcase, and the answer contains an explanation why Mexico & Canada are placed where they are: "The American Adventure pavilion is in the center of World Showcase, just across the lagoon from the bridges to Future World. When you stand at the American pavilion's entrance, facing the lagoon, Mexico is to your right (south) and Canada is to your left (north)."

Which works if you imagine the lagoon as the shores of the Atlantic Ocean, standing at the edge of America looking east, Mexico is to your right, Canada to your left.

It is correct that the pavilions are not physically south of America. America is the southern edge of Epcot, and thus the Studios are south southwest of Epcot.
    Last edited by disneydame2004; 04-17-2006 at 07:15 PM.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    I suppose that makes sense that way. I guess I was having trouble putting the AA in the "middle" of the lagoon. That's probably what WebG was thinking too.
    -Don-

dzneynut is offline Trivia Nut & Supplier of Games
    Well, that's all fine and good, but I'll totally confuse you!
    The location of the Canada and Mexico pavilions was determined by where the American Pavilion was going to be located, not where it is now. Originally, the American Adventure Pavilion was supposed to be on the opposite side of the World Showcase, facing the Epcot entrance, between Canada and Mexico.
    Last edited by dzneynut; 04-22-2006 at 01:24 AM.
    JamesD
    dzneynut@wdwradio.com

My DVD Profiler Collection

Future Disney Trips:
    Oct. 26-Nov. 2, 2013 staying at Beach Club Villas for my birthday and Food & Wine Festival!
    Nov. 2-9, 2013 for WDWRadio Cruise aboard the Disney Fantasy!

Ah, see now that actually makes even more sense. I could totally see how that would work.
    -Don-

baylordad is offline D-Ticket Holder

The Book

Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    In this thread, I will post updates, corrections, addendums and notes to the book.

If you spot something that appears to be incorrect, out of date, etc., please send me a PM, IM, or email to lou@disneyworldtrivia.com

Lou, You would never believe the fun we have had with your book. We started reading it when we boarded the plane and by the time we got to Orlando from DFW, we had our whole section involved in "Lou's Trivia Game". Great fun and the book nver gets old as we can't remember all of the questions. I highly recommend the book for every Disney Fan in the "World".
    "Don't Drink The Beverly!"
    1973 - Holiday Inn
    1977 & 79 - Dutch Inn
    1982 - Royal Plaza
    1984 - Poly
    1986 - Treehouse Villas
    1988 - Hilton (downtown Disney)
    1990 - Offsite
    1991 - Dolphin
    1992 - Wyndham LBV
    1996 - Dolphin
    1997 - Yacht Club Resort (2 Visits)