Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
The Walt Disney World Trivia Books & Audio Guides to WDW Discuss Royalty Reads The DWT Book! (OMG OMG!!!!) in the WDWRadio.com forums; I totally disagree...it is not flattery, it's plagiarism! It's taking someone else's creation and changing it. Just because something is on the internet does not make it free range to ...
    Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    I totally disagree...it is not flattery, it's plagiarism! It's taking someone else's creation and changing it. Just because something is on the internet does not make it free range to do what you want!

Does no one understand copyright laws?! Bottom line is ask before you use it and give credit were credit is due!

BelleGurl is offline LETS BRING IN 2006!!!!
    I agree that Tampa should have given credit to the photographers, but asking permisson is another thing. I figure people would like that someone picked their picture to alter. And anyway, all he did was put the DWT book in it, not change the entire picture.
    Izzy

A change is a change regardless of what it is...it's not like it takes that much work to ask permission.

Get permission, give credit, then alter away. Two little steps before you begin makes the difference between right and wrong.

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitch
    it is not flattery, it's plagiarism! It's taking someone else's creation and changing it. Just because something is on the internet does not make it free range to do what you want!
    YAAY YOU SAID MY WORD! And you know what to do when someone says the secret word?

That's right!

That's an extreme accusation and no, I think plagiarism ( ) means you've established someone's authentic property as your own. To where I've taken a public copy and altered it, and still only took credit for the alterations. Again I stopped giving the source somewhere along the line which was respectfully wrong, but hey, once a picture is made public and downloaded to my computer, that makes it mine (unless protected by copyrights) and to do with as I wish, as long as I don't attempt to establish ownership of the original copy.. as in this case, I'd have to break into some houses, and loot some scrapbooks

but still, "plagiarist" is an extreme thing to call me (especially when all I've done was attempt to promote and get people interested in our good friend's book) and you know, Stitch, it makes me think you've got a crush on me.

speaking of.. I went to Louvre, Paris to see if I could draw them mickey ears on Mona (me vinci and disney are tight) and they got mad and told me to do it on the internet... so...

(soure: Leonardo da Vinci)
    Last edited by Tampa; 06-22-2005 at 07:23 PM.

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    I also have done photography and am an artist so I understand where you are coming from but one thing I was taught at art school was that as soon as you make your work public there is that chance that someone will take it to use for thier own-copyrighted or not. If you do not want to take that chance then do not make your work public. It was very different when most of the copyright laws were written in the fact that most of todays technology(photo software) was not available to the everyday person.
    Yes credit where credit is due but when something is done for the enjoyment of others in a limited area(one webpage only) on a temporary basis(eventually this thread will be deleted) and for no profit whatsoever there should be no problem using something that someone has VOLUNTARILLY(spelled wrong i know) posted. If permission is an issue should not the avatars and screen names that 99% of ppl on this site use have the permission of the person who originally took it or designed it? The redtape issue that would cause would be out ot this world and all everyone would be doing all day long is obtaining that permission and not have time to make friends, have fun and learn interesting things about Disney and each other which is the main reason I joined this site, not to have to worry if someone was going to sue me(not that they'd get much) because I didnt get their permission for something.
    Have fun PPL and lets not worry about small things or everyone will have major ulcers

EDIT>>>>>>That is really funny with mona....you were posting as i was typing Tampa and isnt it true that ppl only pick on those they really like...lol
    Last edited by vixen101485; 06-22-2005 at 07:11 PM.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

sorry but i have to.....****singing....Stitch and Tampa sittin' in a tree, etc....LOL

Why is it so freakin' hard to ask permission and give credit....THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE!

If those 2 steps were do before hand....this conversation would not be happing.

It's a matter of common courtesy!

You know... I can see how hot Mona is, now that she's up to date and big pimp'n!

Why is it so freakin' hard to give credit...

I already said I fell away from that and apologized to those offended, new stuff babe... new stuff!

Why is it so freakin' hard to ask permission and give credit....THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE!

If those 2 steps were do before hand....this conversation would not be happing.

It's a matter of common courtesy!
    All in all, I think nearly all of us don't care if our pics are altered. Nearly all of us don't care if a person doesn't ask permisson or forgets to give credit to the photographer. I can see what your point is, but I think that Tampa is right,if people don't want their pics touched, they probably shouldn't post their pics.
    Izzy

I think there is way more people bothered by it then you think. People post their pictures to the site to share their trips with people and I'll bet more then a few would be upset that they aren't going to be able to do that now without fear of their work being touched.

It's sad that some won't be able to share their work with the group anymore.

I think there is way more people bothered by it then you think. People post their pictures to the site to share their trips with people and I'll bet more then a few would be upset that they aren't going to be able to do that now without fear of their work being touched.

It's sad that some won't be able to share their work with the group anymore.
    I'm sure there are. But we aren't changing the pictures forever. Their original pic is still up. I think if someone was truly bothered, at this point someone would say something. Call me blind, but I don't see anyone truly complaining. Maybe a few people jokingly saying "Hey, that's my pic! ", but that's it. And I'm sorry, but I'm positive that some are going to look at this thread and suddenly decide their pics are unsafe. This has gone to far. Now, Tampa is taking down all of his funny pictures.
    Izzy

Oh people have been complaining....it was all private until someone brought it out into the open. And itís gone beyond Tampaís pictures, itís now about the simple fact that what is on the internet is NOT free for everyone to do anything with.

And don't worry...it's being dealt with on a higher level.

So since it is being dealt with can we PLEASE let this petty stuff go and get on with our lives to more important things like what we are having for dinner tonite or what fun rides we are going on when we visit our favorite park(sarcasm for those who take things too serious) The man apologized so lets please let it rest. The reason I like(d) this site is because ppl on it are not mean spirited and do not try to tell others how to live their lives or what to or not to post(within the guidelines of family oriented site of cousre...lol) Please do not make me have to abandon whom i consider my friends(even those I dont agree with included) and a place where I feel at home because of legalities that are outdated and may not even apply to some things. Lets be nice ppl...Please***begging now

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast