Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
The Walt Disney World Trivia Books & Audio Guides to WDW Discuss Royalty Reads The DWT Book! (OMG OMG!!!!) in the WDWRadio.com forums; To equate that someone is not changing their pictures forever is like some one editing a Mickey Mouse cartoon to include something that was not there originally and the person ...
    tiggerguy is online now one of the good guys
    To equate that someone is not changing their pictures forever is like some one editing a Mickey Mouse cartoon to include something that was not there originally and the person saying: "Hey it's out there in public view, they won't mind if I change it a little" because the original will still be available.

This is why Disney is fighting to extend the copyright on Mickey Mouse and all things related to him.

To the poster who said that they haven't seen anyone complaining about the use of their pictures, of course you aren't going to, they go after the webmaster. You wouldn't want to see this site shut down now do you? While that is a possibility, Lou would delete said pictures before that happens.
    Last edited by tiggerguy; 06-22-2005 at 10:18 PM.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitch
    And don't worry...it's being dealt with on a higher level.

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    ****still begging
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

tiggerguy is online now one of the good guys
    Quote Originally Posted by vixen101485
    ****still begging

Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

read the end of page 2 dude.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    This website has a nice, easy to read explanation of why the idea that if it's on the internet it's fair game is untrue:
    http://www.templetons.com/brad/copymyths.html.

The argument about it being public just because it was uploaded is also wrong - art is not public domain just because it's hung in a museum, or found in a library! Just because the medium to view it on is more recent, it doesn't change the rights of the owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa
    but hey, once a picture is made public and downloaded to my computer, that makes it mine (unless protected by copyrights) and to do with as I wish, as long as I don't attempt to establish ownership of the original copy
    As the law stands, every piece of work - art, photos, text, email, web pages, music, etc - is protected by copyright law. Viewing it on the internet is NOT the same as downloading it to your computer!

And for those of you who don't want to listen to the truth or the opinions of others, you do not have to read this thread.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by vixen101485
    The man apologized so lets please let it rest.
    Were apology? Me see no apology? Or credit to the photos in the first post of the thread.

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    This thread is so much fun. I hope whatever happens does not end badly. We are all friends here.

Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004
    The argument about it being public just because it was uploaded is also wrong.
    totally agree.. and for the sake of the moral, integrity, and respect to the family and this site, I said,
    alterations like the above will longer be done (by me anyways).
    (minus the Mona finale of course)

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch
    Were apology? Me see no apology?
    .. now you're just being silly. And I'll pick you up friday night..

Quote Originally Posted by jarmitc2032
    This thread is so much fun.
    dude... people wanna sue me.......

I was being sarcastic Tampa.

so was I Jarod bud.

so was I Jarod bud.
    You can tell how tired I am.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    OK... OK... (Lou blows referee's whistle and jumps in to the center of the field (ring?))

I've been watching this thread for a while... or should I say, watching it deteriorate. Needless to say, I'm unhappy as to how it has devolved. I'm not taking sides, pointing fingers or apportioning blame. I'm just really sad to see that something like this has taken place, and once again forced me to create a post such as this. This is not what DWT is all about.

So, I want to put this to bed, once and for all, OK? Good.

Here's the deal, and I think it's quite simple. If anyone wishes to use, modify, post, copy or in any other way use an image which has been posted by another member, I simply ask that you obtain that member's permission before reproducing or modifying that image. I'm not going to lecture and/or bore you with a dissertaton on copyright law. Let's just saw that it's good manners. We're all one big happy family here anyway, right? And for what it's worth, I understand and can appreciate sentiments on "both sides" of the issue. This whole thing has been blown out of proportion unnecessarily, and I hope that everyone will forgive, forget and move on. Let's just get back to having some simple fun, huh?

Also, (and this is the part that I despise and really frustrates me), if a member has a personal issue with another member(s), I respectfully request that you take your issues and address them in a private manner. Again, I'm not referring to anyone in particular (as this has happened on other threads in the past as well), but understand how this looks... we take a fun thread and turn it into a personal bunch of silliness. How do you guys think that looks to new or prospective members? Like I said before, it's not what this site is about.

I'm really saddened and upset that I have been forced to addres this in this manner. The members are of paramount importance to me, and I don't like to see anyone unhappy. I don't like having to try and play "peacekeeper", and I doubt anyone else does either.

At this point, I could hope that everyone can let their personal issues go, and if necessary, either address them privately or contact me in the same manner.

Remember, this site is all about having fun. Sure, things may happen from time to time that may displease a member or members, but I guess I have to accept that's all part of having an extended family like ours. But having grown up in a large Italian family, I know what it's like to yell and scream a bit, then five minutes later share some good food and a hug.

OK, so that's where we are. I hope everyone understands my sentiments, and I'm confident that this is all behind us.

Thank you all for your help, understanding and support. Remember - it's all of you who continue to make this site a success.

Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    Prince John is the coolest character at WDW!!

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

SecondStar is offline Why is the rum gone?!?!
    NIce...
    : Stephanie:

this is what dreams are made of

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast