Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The Walt Disney World Trivia Books & Audio Guides to WDW Discuss Just wondering . . . ? in the WDWRadio.com forums; Lou, Just put your book done and was wondering how many of the 600 trivia items in the book are ones you "uncovered" on your own? P.S. I am making ...
    Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL

Just wondering . . . ?

Lou,

Just put your book done and was wondering how many of the 600 trivia items in the book are ones you "uncovered" on your own?

P.S. I am making a list of things to check it on our next visit to WDW that I have gleaned from the book that I have never seen in all my trips to WDW.

P.P.S. I guess you could spend a lifetime at WDW and not "see" everything.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

dzneynut is offline Trivia Nut & Supplier of Games
    Many pieces of trivia about WDW can not be found in some convenient place at WDW itself. Much information can be found in historical documents, press releases, magazine articles, and a variety of Disney books. For instance, you can ride attractions such as Splash Mountain or Space Mountian over and over again, but you'll will not be able to find when those particular attractions opened, which imagineers worked on those attractions, and whose voices you are hearing as you go. There is very little information of that nature in the attraction itself; it has to be gleaned elsewhere. Now, much of that information is on the web in various forms, but you have to be careful of its accuracy. There is no one following up on the validity of the multitude of information that's out there!
    Last edited by dzneynut; 08-21-2004 at 06:11 PM.
    JamesD
    dzneynut@wdwradio.com

My DVD Profiler Collection

Future Disney Trips:
    Oct. 26-Nov. 2, 2013 staying at Beach Club Villas for my birthday and Food & Wine Festival!
    Nov. 2-9, 2013 for WDWRadio Cruise aboard the Disney Fantasy!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy Cricket
    Lou,

Just put your book done and was wondering how many of the 600 trivia items in the book are ones you "uncovered" on your own?

P.S. I am making a list of things to check it on our next visit to WDW that I have gleaned from the book that I have never seen in all my trips to WDW.

P.P.S. I guess you could spend a lifetime at WDW and not "see" everything.
    James hit it pretty much right-on. I have a large collection of WDW books, magazines, Cast Member items, documents, guides, etc. I have also spoken with many Cast Members who were quite helpful, as well of ther people and sites on the net. The Disney archives also helped triple-verify certain facts when I needed a little extra confirmation. I have also visited many backstage areas not covered on the normal WDW tours, thanks to helpful CMs.

Of course, like James said, there are a lot of questions that I came up with on my own - especially ones that require actually observing the attraction or listening to the themse song or script, etc.

Happy to see the book will help you look to discover some of WDW's little secrets, details and hidden treasures!!

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42