Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The Walt Disney World Trivia Books & Audio Guides to WDW Discuss Move Lou's Book in the WDWRadio.com forums; Okay, I admit it, Im a WDW dork. After working on the CP almost 10 years ago (wow, has it really been that long?) I STILL almost always end up ...
    BryanFykes is offline D-Ticket Holder

Move Lou's Book

Okay, I admit it, Im a WDW dork. After working on the CP almost 10 years ago (wow, has it really been that long?) I STILL almost always end up in the domestic travel section, looking at Lou's book, as well as all of the other guides. i tell my wife that i am looking for photos of old friends... but im really just marvelling at the new pictures. ( money's been tight recently, i havent been able to order DWT, YET. friday i will preorder both 1 & 2 )

Anyway, tonight I was in there. I noticed that they had almost every other WDW book prominently displayed on the top shelf... Except Lou's!!!

so, what did I do? I pulled every copy of The Walt Disney World Trivia Book frm the bottom shelf and moved enough of the other WDW books around in such a way that it was PROMONENTLY displayed. score one for Guerrilla Marketing!!!

later, as i was playing with my dear daughter in the kids section, i noticed a lady walking by with a copy under her arm!!!

DWT armies, you now have a mission... move Lou's Book from the bottom shelves to prominent display worthy position. Lou deserves it!
    Remember the most important Service guidline-

"Always preserve the Magic"

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    awesome job in support! Good, idea! Lou SOOOOOO deserves it!!!
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Thank, Bryan!!! I appreicate your help, as well as that of everyone here. I know that you are all so supportive of me, the site and the book, and that makes it all worthwhile!

You guys are the best!!!!!!!

Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Great idea...Now if we can get it sold in the parks!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

BryanFykes is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by DissyLove
    Great idea...Now if we can get it sold in the parks!
    Guerilla Marketing... Sneak it onto the sheves as we all visit the parks? im going in December!
    Remember the most important Service guidline-

"Always preserve the Magic"

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Is Waldenbooks ever going to carry it? I keep refering the ppl around here to the site but cant tell them to go buy the book. It is the only bookstore within 50 miles AARRGGGHH!

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    I have seen it B. Dalton and Borders, but it seems they only get one copy at a time. Once I was standing next to a lady at Borders who was looking at the Disney guide books and I was very, very guilty of name dropping. I told her I knew the guy who wrote it and that it was very good and she should buy it for the enjoyment value.

Mr. iwannabeminnie chastised me later because he says I don't "know" Lou. I told him I did so and had the signed book to prove it. He proceeded to remind me that Lou misspelled my name, further proving that I did NOT know him. So Lou, could you get it right this time?
    They call me "Nana"

tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by vixen101485
    Is Waldenbooks ever going to carry it? I keep refering the ppl around here to the site but cant tell them to go buy the book. It is the only bookstore within 50 miles AARRGGGHH!

My Waldenbooks carried it but now it is a Border's Express and I think it is still sold there.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Don't forget that if you don't see it - please ask for it (I should say THEM - Volume I and II)!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    Don't forget that if you don't see it - please ask for it (I should say THEM - Volume I and II)!

I always do! I asked for it numerous times this past June trip! And when they would tell me no I would tell them that they really should tell their management to look into carrying it! Maybe with a little persistence we will get it there Lou!