Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Refurbs in the News & Rumors forums; I'm not entirely sure if this is been said yet (I'm sure it is--everyone here is on the ball!), but refurbs are planned for.... January 2-27 (I think around those ...
    aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!

Refurbs

I'm not entirely sure if this is been said yet (I'm sure it is--everyone here is on the ball!), but refurbs are planned for....

January 2-27 (I think around those times) for Splash Mountain

and the first of January (not sure about the exact dates) to mid January for Ariel's Grotto.

Just thought I'd let you know primarily about Splash Mountain!
    Tina

RumTumJM is offline A-Ticket holder
    Rock N Roller Coaster also will be refurbed in January. I am soooooo upset about that one.
    Last time I rode STAR TOURS, I thought to myself, "If a droid is a pain in the......behind, does that make it a hemdroid?"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Whatever doesn't kill you, makes you......ROCK!"
    - Brian May

"Don't Stop Believin'"
    - Journey

www.rocknationradio.org

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    also........
    The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh will be close for refurbishment from January 28 - February 11.
    Tomorrowland Indy Speedway- will be closed for refurbishment from January 31 - February 15.
    Kali River Rapids will be closed February 5 through February 9.
    and if your were planning on eating in Japan anytime soon....don't
    Teppanyaki Restaurant in Epcot's Japan pavillion will be closed for a major rehab from January 15 - May 25, 2007.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    Kali River Rapids doesn't sound like anything major, that's good. I wonder what they'll change in Splash Mtn.? The Teppanyaki Restaurant NEEDED a rehab and so does Tomorrowland Indy Speedway!(I'm thinkin' maybe introducing the Cars theme?! Hmmmmmm, one can only hope!)
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13

danheaton is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Wow. I'm surprised that they'd shut down RnR and Splash Mountain at the same time. January is a great time to visit WDW due to the smaller crowds, but I guess this also was the reason they're working on two big rides during that time.

Cheers!

Dan

VTGal is offline A-Ticket holder
    Does anyone know if there will be any other refurbs in May? I am terrified that Haunted Mansion is going to be out, because I have never been on it....

turkeymama is offline Christmas Shopping Rules!
    This is exactly the reason I can't ever see me going early in the year. I hear most of the refurbs are always planned during this time due to the lighter crowds.
    "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
    Walt Disney

DisneyHottie is offline C-Ticket Holder
    i was just looking at the refurbs today..and saw that rock'n'rollercoaster was gonna be closed, and if you notice my ticker below I am not too happy...rock-n-rollercoater though a very short ride is amazing!! what possibly can they be refurbishing!!!
    Hopeful Fall '08 CPer!!
    In love with Cptn. Jack Sparrow