Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Epcot update including Mexico and KidCot in the News & Rumors forums; News about Epcot, used to do this for a different site but had a falling out with management.. On Sunday, March 7, a new "scavenger hunt" activity for kids called ...
    Loric is offline D-Ticket Holder

Epcot update including Mexico and KidCot

News about Epcot, used to do this for a different site but had a falling out with management..

On Sunday, March 7, a new "scavenger hunt" activity for kids called Goofy's Epcot Guide will be introduced at Epcot. An estimated 3,500 young Guests will be able to take part in this activity each day. The guides will be distributed at the Main Entrance, International Gateway, all Guest Relations locations, Tip Board and Kidcot locations.
    As soon as Guests have completed as much of the activity as they desire, they may redeem the completed Guide at all Epcot Guest Relations locations, Mexico Kidcot, Canada Kidcot or the World Traveler Shop at International Gateway for a special prize--an 8 " x 11" character poster perfect for including in a scrapbook. Posters are redeemed one-for-one meaning one poster per Guide.

Goofy's Epcot Guide contains all the necessary information for completing the activity and claiming the special poster.

Over in Mexico..

Guests may now experience the Casa Mexicana: Discover Modern Mexico exhibit! The new exhibit allows Guests to experience the magic of Mexico by venturing through the warm and inviting home of the Pakatilchi family. Guests may wander through a courtyard where children can make their own special masks, explore a region of Mexico using an interactive viewing station, rest while immersing themselves in the music of modern Mexico, gain a few tasty tidbits of knowledge in the dining room, learn more about visiting Mexico in the study and star in their very own Mexican adventure video postcard.

Also, Friendships in World Showcase will return to the 2-ship 4 dock operation from 2pm to 7:30pm, instead of the 1 ship 3 dock route it's been using for a while, keeping the 1 ship operation at all other times.

adambreakey is offline Moderator
    Loric -- Great information there.

I wonder what kind of activities will be involved in the scavenger hunt. I bet my daughter will enjoy that.

I also wonder why the change in the boats. Are they that busy?

Thanks again Loric

adamb
    To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge.

Loric is offline D-Ticket Holder
    They have been busy, running full loads everytime I've ever ridden.

It was "made" to run 2 boats in the 4 dock situation, running from Mexico to Germany and from Canada to Morroco. It was cut down in slow periods.

when operating properly, it's a quick and convienent alternative to walking the world showcase. Also, the only way to get past the China drawbridge when they're brining out barges if by the boats.

adambreakey is offline Moderator
    I guess I am always there during off times then. Recently I have not seen the boats near capacity at all.

I do agree, they are convienent... when running more boats. Kind of a waste if you have to wait 30 mins for the boat to show up.

adamb
    To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge.