Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss "Magic Your Way" - New WDW Ticket Options in the News & Rumors forums; There is a very interesting announcement on All Ears Net about WDW tickets in 2005: http://www.allearsnet.com/news/hnews.htm Some of it sounds like a renaming of existing passes, but in general it ...
    disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!

"Magic Your Way" - New WDW Ticket Options

There is a very interesting announcement on All Ears Net about WDW tickets in 2005:

http://www.allearsnet.com/news/hnews.htm

Some of it sounds like a renaming of existing passes, but in general it sounds like there will be more options for customizing your tickets (and the price of them). You will have the option of a multi-day one-park-a-day ticket, a 'park hopper option', dining plan option (2 meals + 1 snack a day), 'plus options' (2 or 3 water park/disneyquest/etc. admissions per tix), and a 'never expire' option (without this your tix expire in 14 days).

Also mentioned is that Extra Magic Hours will include the 3 hours later in the evenings next year! I got to try that at Epcot during their test in May, and it was pretty good.

Advance purchase discounts and Florida resident discounts are going to be available.

Ticket price comparisons are here: http://www.allearsnet.com/pl/ticketchart.htm

Disney's official info: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw...urWayIndexPage
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    That sounds very interesting. I agree it is pretty similar to what already exists. Thanks for sharing this with us!
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    I was just reading about this! What do y'all think? Do you see it as a better deal all around? I guess I just need to compare prices, huh?
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    See you are already falling into the web.

Remember:

"There is no free lunch." (especially at WDW)

"If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."

"You get what you pay for."

"Buyer beware."

"There's a ****er born every minute."

"We're not in the business of making cars, we are in the business of making money."

"A fool and his money are soon parted."

"I made him an offer he couldn't refuse."

See my reply to dzneynut's post for further explanation.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Mickey
    I was just reading about this! What do y'all think? Do you see it as a better deal all around? I guess I just need to compare prices, huh?

I figured it out , it seems to come out a little cheaper.but not much.

It would be cheaper for me because I would leave off the hopping option as I don't usually hop park to park
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    For shorter stay there is not much savings. For longer stays it is much cheaper. The 10 day ticket is only $10 more than a 7 day. Great deal for thsoe staying extended times.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Here is the link to the other thread on this topic, started by dzneynut & containing JC's response:

http://disneyworldtrivia.com/forums/...ead.php?t=1054

It seems like Disney is trying to please everyone, including themselves, at the risk of totally confusing the guests. Yes, you can save money if you know what kind of ticket you need. But for the first-time or infrequent visitor, it's going to be a mess. How many times have we heard the stories about guests who don't think they are in Walt Disney World because they are at Epcot? These guests are either going to be buying tickets with way more than they can use (making money for Disney) or getting the basic tickets and not realizing the limitations.

As for the 'never expire' option - at least they offer that as an extra charge, rather than including that charge in every ticket. I have several tickets from past trips with leftover values - some 'plus options', a couple of days of admission (some are on child's tickets from my dd who is now over the child ticket age) but the last 3 trips down the package deals that included 'length of stay' tickets were so much better than room-only + tickets we didn't have a chance to use the leftovers. That's like loaning Disney my money for the past 4 years! It's better than use-it-or-lose-it, but I think by planning for what you need you would save more in the long run.

I do like that they finally accept that some people (gasp!) go to other places and don't spend every day of their vacations in Disney parks. By allowing packages to be bought with x nights of hotel and y days of tickets will get a few of those people who think they are better staying off-site because they also want to go to Universal or Sea World to stay in a Disney hotel. It will also make it easier on families arriving later in the day or leaving early in the morning to not get stuck not using that time on their length of stay tickets.

It will be interesting to see if they allow modifications after purchase (i.e. adding 'park hopping' once you are on-site and have used a day or two).

Just my 2 worth.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

I'm kinda intimdated about this new magic your way thing, i mean i read about it a wdwmagic.com and it sounds to me that there is going to be a big boost in crowd population at the park. I don't know about you , but i'm really scared.
    Well I'll be hoho, It's the Blue Fairy

"See it in your mind and you can find in your imagination, mysteries and magic, visions fantastic, leading to strange and wondrous dreams, Dreams are make believe, but could they all come true?"

I love Fantasmic!

The ONE and only= Mickeywanna on VMK!!

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    What did it say that makes you think that there will be a dramatic increase in park attendance?
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    Quote Originally Posted by disneybuff100
    it sounds to me that there is going to be a big boost in crowd population at the park. I don't know about you , but i'm really scared.
    Well, don't worry about Florida residents. From what I'm hearing around town, this is one more reason not to go to WDW. Those of us who have AP's, it doesn't matter.
    Lisa

"No capes!"

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    I am betting that AP rates will really go up ($50-100) come spring. I hope I am wrong though.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

I'm an Annual Passholder and Proud of it too! Guess what, i'm only 6 more resorts away from staying at them all! Yah. Sorry with getting off topic.
    Well I'll be hoho, It's the Blue Fairy

"See it in your mind and you can find in your imagination, mysteries and magic, visions fantastic, leading to strange and wondrous dreams, Dreams are make believe, but could they all come true?"

I love Fantasmic!

The ONE and only= Mickeywanna on VMK!!