Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Adventures on the 7 Seas Lagoon in the News & Rumors forums; Walt Disney World Event Services has a merchandise event coming this year - the Adventures on the 7 Seas Lagoon Pirates of the Caribbean event being held May 22-25, 2007. ...
    wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House

Adventures on the 7 Seas Lagoon

Walt Disney World Event Services has a merchandise event coming this year - the Adventures on the 7 Seas Lagoon Pirates of the Caribbean event being held May 22-25, 2007. Information can be found at this link:

http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservic...WPirate07.html

I was wondering if anyone here is planning on attending the event? I was so happy when this was announced since there hasn't been an event of this type since the 999 Happy Haunts Event in 2004. DH and I will be attending the Pirates event. We even postponed our anniversary trip so we could incorporate it into this event instead.
    Lisa

"No capes!"

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    I read this morning on MousePlanet that the top tier has already sold out for this event, and even the wait list is full. At $2370 pp, that's incredible!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    I wanted to, but my brother is getting married up in Chicago that weekend, so I will be out of town. However, hopefully they'll do something like it soon. Please post a trip report, because I would really love to hear all a bout it.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004 View Post
    I read this morning on MousePlanet that the top tier has already sold out for this event, and even the wait list is full. At $2370 pp, that's incredible!
    Part of the reason for the higher price tag is the fact that they incorporated more expensive rooms into the package. The top tier package, Ye Swabs, includes a three night stay at the Contemporary at the Concierge level. The next package includes two nights at the Contemporary in a regular room.

One thing that is different at this event - you can use your DVC points to stay at one of those resorts, or locals can forgo the hotel portion altogether and get a reduced package price.
    Lisa

"No capes!"

StacyPop is offline A-Ticket holder
    One thing that is different at this event - you can use your DVC points to stay at one of those resorts, or locals can forgo the hotel portion altogether and get a reduced package price.[/quote]

Now THAT I did NOT know. Do you have to call member services for that? The lowest tier package has some of the events, but not all, and no hotel stay. I am assuming you are talking about something else.

Quote Originally Posted by StacyPop View Post

Now THAT I did NOT know. Do you have to call member services for that? The lowest tier package has some of the events, but not all, and no hotel stay. I am assuming you are talking about something else.
    Check the Disney Gallery website and check on teh itineraries for each package. The Ye Swabs package is already sold out and the waiting list is full. After you decide which package you want, you can register online.

If you choose a package that includes a hotel room (1st & 2nd tier) and you want to use DVC points, there is a place you can note that on the registration. We are not using DVC points for this trip, so I'm not certain if you have to contact Member Services or if WDW Event Services will do it for you.
    Lisa

"No capes!"

StacyPop is offline A-Ticket holder
    I have a question for you. You said you already booked? It says in the package description that Couples purchasing the package will be offered additional nights, instead of two rooms per night. Did you do that? if so, did the price change? If I got the 2nd tier package, that would mean I get 4 nights at the Contemporary, plus all the entertainment? That is a pretty good deal, isnt it? I have never stayed there so I dont know.

Yes, you get additional nights in the room if you book two packages. There is no additional charge.

You will get four nights at the Contemporary plus the everything related to the event. It is very easy to figure everything out once you get there. Your event credentials generally have your itinerary printed on them. Since you have to wear your credentials to get into any of the events, you can always keep track of where you're supposed to be.

It sounds like you are going to have a great time at this event! We always do!
    Lisa

"No capes!"