Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Disney Changes Orlando Forever in the News & Rumors forums; From the OrlandoSentinel.com Community Blog: Disney Changes Orlando Forever posted by Kathy Holmes on Feb 26, 2007 11:10:56 AM I ran across this interesting link on the Orlando Sentinel - ...
    Timbo is offline Fastpass Holder

Thumbs up Disney Changes Orlando Forever

From the OrlandoSentinel.com Community Blog:

Disney Changes Orlando Forever

posted by Kathy Holmes on Feb 26, 2007 11:10:56 AM

I ran across this interesting link on the Orlando Sentinel - An Outsider's View of Orlando - pointing to a story on the National Geographic about how "Walt Disney's utopian dream forever changed Orlando, Florida, and laid the blueprint for the new American metropolis." It was very interesting. Note the special mention of Windermere's celebrity community of Isleworth. Now remember - I didn't write it - I'm just posting a link to it.

As you may or may not realize, I'm a Disney fan from birth, having grown up near Disneyland. Disney is a big reason why I'm now living in Florida and Windermere specifically - it has fabulous access to Disney. Many of my community topics are Disney-related. With fireworks going off every night, boat horns, and train whistles heard through the day, I can't help but be focused on Disney. I'm even awakened to sounds of traffic patterns as shifts change and CMs drive to and fro, beginning and ending their work day.

Disney fans worldwide read the Orlando Sentinel - they want to keep up on everything Disney. They even link to my posts about Disney and dissect what I've said, even though they may not always know the whole story.

In case you're interested, here are the three most recent discussions linking to Disney topics posted on this blog:

The Disney Blog
    The Mice Chat
    Disney World Trivia

I can't wait to see what they write about this one.

Have a Magical Day.

Source URL: http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/com..._changes_.html
    Last edited by Timbo; 02-26-2007 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Added source URL.

Timbo is offline Fastpass Holder

Arrow We're being watched

Hey fellow DWT readers: We're being watched.

To Ms. Holmes: I'm jealous. Don't be surprised if I become one of your neighbors in the near future. I enjoy reading your blog and I wonder what you think of the increase in fan sites such as this one and the explosion in WDW related pod/vidcasts.