Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Disneyland Parade in the News & Rumors forums; I don't have much information other than Monday night during Disneyland's parade, one of the floats went "off course" & hit 4 guests. Only 1 lady was taken to the ...
    4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"

Disneyland Parade

I don't have much information other than Monday night during Disneyland's parade, one of the floats went "off course" & hit 4 guests. Only 1 lady was taken to the hospital. The other 3 were apparently OK. Has anyone else heard any more about this?
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Mickey
    I don't have much information other than Monday night during Disneyland's parade, one of the floats went "off course" & hit 4 guests. Only 1 lady was taken to the hospital. The other 3 were apparently OK. Has anyone else heard any more about this?

No, I have not head anything. But DL needs to get a grip on the accidents....
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    Here's the only article I have seen about it so far: http://www.kesq.com/Global/story.asp?S=2738742 .

Theories and what people have heard about this incident from another website: Aladdin float near It's a Small World. one suggested it was Carpet on the back of the float that hit the people, one described the combination of the float design, the small area, and the weather conditions (limited visibility for Genie - the driver of the float) as "an accident waiting to happen"

Please share any other articles you see about this incident with us.
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

Found a new article - confirms that it was the Carpet on the Aladdin float near It's a Small World - also mentions that it was raining and that two adults and a child were treated on site for minor injuries and the lady that was taken to the hospital was unconscious

Here's the link: http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/news/122..._accident.html .
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    I would say the weather was probably the cause, along with big crowds. They have had a ton of rain in the last couple of days. I also think the winds have been pretty strong. Unfortunately, the CM driving the float will probably be blamed; not DL for having the parade during inclement weather.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Here's the article from the Orange County Register

A woman was taken to a hospital and three other people were treated at the scene after they were struck by a Disneyland parade float tonight.

"A Christmas Fantasy Parade" was near the end of its route, near the "It's a Small World" attraction, when it hit the four spectators at about 8:15 p.m., park spokesman Rob Doughty said.

Anaheim fire Capt. Jamie Hirsch said the people were hit by the simulated carpet on the Aladdin float.

"Instead of going straight, (the float) kind of turned to the side and hit the four people," Hirsch said. "The float has a piece of carpet that comes off the back. The piece of carpet struck the guests."

Two adults and a child were treated at the scene for minor injuries, Doughty said.

One woman identified by her sister as Mayra Perez, 34 was knocked unconscious and taken to Western Medical Center in Anaheim.

"(The float) hit her and knocked her out cold," the sister said while while waiting at the emergency room. "Her face is bruised up pretty bad."

Perez recently immigrated to the United States from Guatemala, her sister said.

Police could not confirm the injured woman's name, but Hirsch said she was discharged late Monday.

Light rain may have contributed to the accident, which is under investigation by the Anaheim Police Department.

"The inclement weather and the fact that the ground may have been wet could have contributed to what happened," police Sgt. Rick Martinez said.

Esther Murillo, 50, of Whittier was watching the parade near Tomorrowland, about halfway along the route, when the procession suddenly stopped for about five minutes.

"The dancers kept (dancing), Pinocchio just kept saying 'hi, " Murillo said.

Her daugher, Jami Murillo, 33, sensed a problem.

"We just thought that one of the floats had broken," she said.

The last accident at Disneyland ocurred in July, when two trains on the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad roller coaster collided, causing minor injuries to five people. A man was killed on the ride in 2003 when a train crashed in a tunnel
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Here's a picture of what the Aladdin float looks like:

I found it at http://xfkirsten.fotopic.net/p9885739.html .
    - Jas (Rebecca)

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    That was a small float. How was the family so close, or did the flost veer off that much?

Quote Originally Posted by TrendyMagic
    That was a small float. How was the family so close, or did the flost veer off that much?
    I have wondered that myself along with many others on the forum that I saw this picture on. I have yet to hear a conclusive answer about how it happened. One person suggested that the float may have skidded - it had rained earlier that day. So, I don't know how it happened.
    - Jas (Rebecca)