The ride was really good. No animatronics, but all well done screens.
- The ride starts off with a spotlight. Panchito steps into the spot light, "Welcome, amigos. I am Panchito!", Jose joins him, "I'm Jose...", both of them go to introduce Donald, "...and this is,...". Donald doesn't appear.
Panchito: "Where's Donald?"
Jose: "I don't know."
Panchito: "We need to find him. This way!"
- We see Panchito and Jose flying around a building on a magic carpet on out left side. On our right side we see Donald with a stack of sombreros on his head taking pictures of Mexico.
Donald: "Say cheese. Oh boy!"
- We enter into the next room and see Panchito and Jose still after Donald on the magic carpet. On another screen Donald is seen going by on a boat with a mariachi band playing. On yet another screen we see Donald step onto the steps of a pyramid and the steps take him up as an escalator would. I should mention that when the characters are on one screen, they disappear off the others. We then pass under another screen where Panchito and Jose are flying around a statue.
Jose: "Donald? Donald!?"
Panchito: "Where could Donald be?"
We pass into the "Mexican Small World" scene.
- Looks almost exactly the same but we hear an instrumental version of their theme song now. There is now a banner hanging from the bridge that says Fiesta Hoy. A couple kids are hitting a Donald pinata.
- In the next room we pass a screen of Donald parasailing. His swimsuit comes off and he runs across the water to chase the boat. The screen to our left shows Jose and Panchito fly by and leave a "donde estas Donald" puff of smoke behind. On yet another screen Panchito asks a chef if he has seen Donald.
Panchito: "Excuse me, we are looking for Donald."
[chef sharpens his knifes]
On the next screen we see the old footage of the cliff divers, but this time Donald has joined them. Up ahead we see a screen on the ground that has Donald swimming under water, he picks up a baby octopus and then gets snatched away by a huge octopus. The next screen still has Jose and Panchito searching for Donald. We move to the old market scene.
- Ballons cover the floor. The 3Cabs are on the furthest screen from us and pretty girls dance on the second screen. Donald reaches out for them but gets pulled back by his buddies. We enter the old carousel scene.
- The carousell area has been turned into a stage for the 3Cabs. They perform their theme song and there is a lot of crazy action that looks just like the scene in the movie. The rest of the room looks the same aside from a boat that has the words "Viva Donald" on it.
- The next room had a mural of a map on the wall to our left. The 3Cabs have been added to the mural. We hear the exit spiel.
Jose: "Adios, amigos! See you next time. We'll look out for you. Catch us on tour. Viva Mexico."
Having it open today was a great birthday present. I love this ride and movie.