Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss New Service for Digital Cameras at WDW in the News & Rumors forums; Beginning January 3, 2005, a new service will be available to our guests visiting our Theme Parks. This new service for digital cameras will allow Guests to download their images ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

New Service for Digital Cameras at WDW

Beginning January 3, 2005, a new service will be available to our guests visiting our Theme Parks. This new service for digital cameras will allow Guests to download their images and other media information from a digital media card to a CD.

Each of the camera centers in the four Theme Parks have been equipped with this new technology. In addition, this technology will be deployed in the Disney Resort properties over the next few months.

Due to the increase in digital camera usage during recent years, Guest demand for our on-property film processing services has decreased. As a result,film processing will no longer be available at the four Theme Parks or the Walt Disney WorldŽ resorts effective January 3, 2005.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

akur is offline 82 miles to WDW!

I like this~

I wish the cruises I went on did this!
    Ana The Librarian

MomtoMandJ in the box

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    That's a really awesome idea! Do we know how much this will cost us yet?
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Thanx Lou for the update. I was wondering how long it would be until Disney/Kodak (lost billions by refusing to promote digital cameras as Fuji was rolling in the dough) got on the digital bandwagon. However, 35mm and APS formats are still alive, OK on life support, but there will always be some purists out there who will hang on for years to come. Look at the popularity of B&W film among the younger generation as an example.

I have been a serious amateur photog since 1963, but only reluctantly got my first digital camera two years ago; now I have three.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Mickey
    That's a really awesome idea! Do we know how much this will cost us yet?
    Probably a fortune...
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy Cricket
    I was wondering how long it would be until Disney/Kodak (lost billions by refusing to promote digital cameras as Fuji was rolling in the dough) got on the digital bandwagon.
    I don't know why they waited so long to adapt to digital cameras - you have to wonder the same thing about the Bell telephone companies - don't they see that cellphones are successful and that most of the younger generation is only using cellphones rather that having a "home phone"? You would think companies would notice that society has changed and that they need to change too to survive.
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Disney and Kodak... the fun is just starting. You can expect many changes in the near future if you are staying on property. Don't want to wait till you get home to check your PhotoPass? No problem. Just check it on your TV when you get back to your room. Even order and have it ready for pick up at your resort gift shop.

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    Yeah, it's taken them long enough

Jacknife is offline A-Ticket holder
    One of the things that I'm glad that I found for my Digital Camera is the ImageTank. It's a small hand-held device that has an internal hard drive (mine's 40Gb), and it has a simple user interface for copying/erasing images from camera CF media cards. My camera is a Sony with a memory stick, so I had to get a $20 adapter... But all-in-all it cost less than $300 and saves me from needing to pack a laptop on my trips.

I have a similar interface for my iPod from Belkin. Drop in the CF card and it copies all images to my iPod's HD. Couple that witht he backup to laptop and I'm pretty happy. But to be able to dump to a CD which could be mailed home separately - that's nice (in case bags get lost etc)

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    Those are both pretty awesome ideas! I am a picture taking crazy woman & this will be my first trip w/ my digital camera! Boy will I have a ball (& I'll finally have some pics to contribute to the site!!!)
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

gripshod is offline A-Ticket holder

Exclamation This service has been around awhile.

My family visited WDW last May and I took over 1000 pics using my digital camera. Several times I took my memory cards to the Kodak store in MGM Studios and had them copy my pictures to CD.

Here are so glitches though. Each CD can only hold 70mb (approx. 25 3meg pictures) so it takes 2 cds to download 1 -128mb memory card. The second gotcha is that each cd costs $10.99 and includes a full color index card of your pictures so you know what is on each CD.

As you can imagine this can become pretty expensive quickly. FYI, you can also have your digital video camera tapes copied to DVD also! If I remember correctly the price was somewhere around $25.

CDs should hold 700 MB.... Is WDW limiting space?

The DVD thing is cool - hadn't heard about that!

Ultimatewdwfan is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam I Am
    I have a similar interface for my iPod from Belkin. Drop in the CF card and it copies all images to my iPod's HD. Couple that witht he backup to laptop and I'm pretty happy. But to be able to dump to a CD which could be mailed home separately - that's nice (in case bags get lost etc)
    I was just online today looking at the ipod photo, they look like they were made for replacing my laptop on vacations. They have an add on called the camera connector.

Jacknife is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam I Am
    CDs should hold 700 MB.... Is WDW limiting space?
    They've gotta be doing something weird. The MiniCD-R business card discs hold about 30Mb, and the MiniCD-R (regulars) hold between 185Mb and 200Mb.

: . . : . : . : : . . . . : : : . . . : : : : . : . : : : : . : : : . : : . : . . : : : . . : : . : : . . : . :