Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Disney at Home Shop Closing in Downtown Disney in the News & Rumors forums; Beginning in the Spring of 2005, a new, expanded Goofy’s Candy Company will be unveiled, featuring an interactive show kitchen filled with unique and tasty confections. To make room for ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

Disney at Home Shop Closing in Downtown Disney

Beginning in the Spring of 2005, a new, expanded Goofy’s Candy Company will be unveiled, featuring an interactive show kitchen filled with unique and tasty confections.

To make room for this new offering, the Disney at Home location at Downtown Disney Marketplace will begin a period of refurbishment effective January 3, 2005, making the store's last day of operation, January 2.

The current Goofy’s Candy Company will continue to operate until approximately a week prior to the opening of the new location. The former location will then undergo a brief refurbishment in preparation for another retail concept.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    Beginning in the Spring of 2005, a new, expanded Goofy’s Candy Company will be unveiled, featuring an interactive show kitchen filled with unique and tasty confections.

To make room for this new offering, the Disney at Home location at Downtown Disney Marketplace will begin a period of refurbishment effective January 3, 2005, making the store's last day of operation, January 2.

The current Goofy’s Candy Company will continue to operate until approximately a week prior to the opening of the new location. The former location will then undergo a brief refurbishment in preparation for another retail concept.

That stinks. I liked the home store.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    I did too, but to be honest, was always somewhat diappointed in their selection. maybe a little "rehab" is just what they need!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    I did too, but to be honest, was always somewhat diappointed in their selection. maybe a little "rehab" is just what they need!

Lately their selection has been very disappointing. But once upon a time, I remember the store offering more variety.
    Amanda

flutter is offline Moderator
    Well, now we can get more candy, Lord knows there aren't enough places to get candy at WDW

akur is offline 82 miles to WDW!
    I loved the mickey-shaped soaps and candles.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Ana The Librarian

MomtoMandJ in the box

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    Oh no!!! I have been saving for a whole year to buy stuff in there! I'm so sad!!! That's the only place I know of to get "real" home stuff other than the Disney Direct!
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

fromherashes is offline A-Ticket holder
    Noooo! That's my favorite store in all of Disney!

Pooh. The worst part is, I'm DOWN HERE right now, but I didn't know they were closing it, and unless they extended the days, I *missed* going in there.

Bah!
    Hathaway Browne and Samantha Sterling are my heroes!

All I want is a Kingdom Hearts ride... is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by flutter
    Well, now we can get more candy, Lord knows there aren't enough places to get candy at WDW

Come on Tracy...you know you really want a store dedicated to more Pooh and more Princess stuff!! Admit it!

Sigh...I was collecting stuff for a Mickey kitchen and now the glasses I was needing aren't available anymore.
    Amanda

disneygramma is offline B-Ticket Holder
    does anyone know when the new place is going to open?? is it going to be part of Goofy'sCandy Comany??? we are planning a trip for December and had planned on getting Christmas presents at the Disney Home Store..
    Second star to the right....straight on till morning!!!:mickey:

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    At Home has dropped much of its selection in the past few months. Guess I should have seen this happening. I really enjoyed that store. Glad I bought the stuff I needed before it went out.

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    did you see that qvc had the disney kitchen on a couple weeks ago

Jacknife is offline A-Ticket holder
    I seem to be noticing a trend as of late with Disney: All of the things that I once liked are either being discontinued, replaced with more "kid friiendly" generic junk, or being replaced by lower quality versions of the originals.

: . . : . : . : : . . . . : : : . . . : : : : . : . : : : : . : : : . : : . : . . : : : . . : : . : : . . : . :

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    Just an FYI... a lot of the "home store" products are now in the World of Disney. AP's get a discount in there so it may be better than having it's own store. :$$:
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"