Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Monorails Get Paint Job in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by FutureImagineer I love the ends of the monorail with the "Year of a Million Dreams" logo and design. Yuck!!! Make it go away!!!!!...
    TiggerRPh is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer View Post
    I love the ends of the monorail with the "Year of a Million Dreams" logo and design.

Yuck!!!

Make it go away!!!!!
    Ray

DVC Member - Since 1995
    Old Key West

M-I-C-K-E-Y....I'm a Disney freak.

Deviant is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Tried to get a picture tonight but you couldn't see in the picture. Apparently what it was was only a few touch ups in specific spots on certain monorails. The reason it looked so great is because they were washed, freshened up, and from my understanding coated in something similar as putting wax on your car to get a shiney look. So the paint was actually just in certain areas rather than the whole thing which makes sense. Cleaning them up and "waxing" them really made them sparkle though. It's noticeable in person but in pictures it looks the same as usual.

Disclaimer: This post is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Disney World Trivia, Walt Disney World or the Walt Disney Company.

Contemporary05 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I honestly wonder how long it takes to clean and wax a single monorail train. I would guess that WDW has a fairly large number of staff who can get the job done fairly quickly, but it still must take some time. Personally I wish they would have one monorail on the TTC-Epcot loop have an aluco-bond style front end (not the actual material, but the pattern like on SSE) instead of the Year of a Million Dreams scheme. An understated tribute for Epcot's 25th?
    Facebook Me!

"Don't talk when I'm SHOUTING!'
    "Putting you in a chicken is cruelty to animals!"
    -General Knowledge

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I'd be willing to bet that come October they'd do *something* special for Epcot's 25th... unfortunately I think which monorails are on the Epcot loop is sort of a random thing. They bring them all into the "parking area" at night and I seem to remember seeing the black monorail on both loops back in February. Anyone know for sure?
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Summer Sun is offline Wishing a certain someone would take me to Neverland
    Paint Job = Nope!!

YoMD end caps = here for the celebration

Something for EPCOT 25 = wouldn't you all like to know!! just kidding I have no idea.
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years
    Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

Deviant is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer Sun View Post
    Paint Job = Nope!!

YoMD end caps = here for the celebration

Something for EPCOT 25 = wouldn't you all like to know!! just kidding I have no idea.
    How informative.

Disclaimer: This post is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Disney World Trivia, Walt Disney World or the Walt Disney Company.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12