Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Plaza Pavilion in the News & Rumors forums; Does anyone know weather its true that the Plaza Plavion in MK is closing to make way for a Asian Noodle Company?? This is my families MK restaurant - They ...
    BelleBeast is offline A-Ticket holder

Plaza Pavilion

Does anyone know weather its true that the Plaza Plavion in MK is closing to make way for a Asian Noodle Company??

This is my families MK restaurant - They love the chicken strips and Pizza and hate all the Disney Hamburgers!!

Someone please say it isn't so!!

Thanks,
    BelleBeast

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.

Had not heard that

Quote Originally Posted by BelleBeast
    Does anyone know weather its true that the Plaza Plavion in MK is closing to make way for a Asian Noodle Company??

This is my families MK restaurant - They love the chicken strips and Pizza and hate all the Disney Hamburgers!!

Someone please say it isn't so!!

Thanks,
    BelleBeast

I can't say for sure, but I have not heard that. I love this spot as well and do visit a lot of "Disney" sights and this is a new rumor to me. I'll keep my eyes peeled for news and will keep my fingers crossed that this isn't true.....
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards

only speculation on my part

Even if they do go to noodles at this location I bet they move the pizza and chicken to another location, at least that would seem to be the smarter thing to do. Then again it seems to me the smartest thing to do if they want to add a noodle company is re-utilize the closed food service location just across the bridge to Adventuereland, of course before they take that major a step, they may wish to test this menu item out to see if it is going to do well at the Magic Kingdom, if this is just a rumor perhaps that is how it started ...perhaps they will add noodles to the menu at the Plaza Pavillion to try these items out, and if a rehab to the kitchen is needed to make it so then that could start a rumor that it was "closing " to make room for this item, even if true it does not necessarilly mean removing all other items from the menu.
    Last edited by bigbrian-nc.com; 01-03-2005 at 03:49 PM. Reason: spelling errors

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    I imagine they'd keep menu items in the park, but from my experience at the ABC Commissary, some of these revised menus are actually surprisingly good (Chicken Curry ! YuM! )

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    A longtime complaint to CMs at WDW is from Asian visitors who are unhappy with the selection of foods in the parks and restaurants, as they lack items that they consider a staple of their diets. For example, most Asian people eat white rice with their meals. Of course, in WDW parks (other than WS of course) these are not available, severely limiting their choices.

That being said, i still doubt that the classic Plaza Pavilion will become a trendy noodle company. If anything, the idea of adding this ype of item in someplace like Adventureland sounds more plausible.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

BelleBeast is offline A-Ticket holder
    The Plaza Pavillion DID serve Pizza and if you are going before January 3 you can still get Pizza there...However it will be closed for rehab from January 3- March 18 when it will reopen as the Tomorrowland Terrace noddle Station...

You can also get Pizza at Tony's Town Square Restaurant but that is full service (not a counter service location).

I pasted this from the DisBoards posted by a CM -- I was hoping someone would say - Its not going to happen!!

zcook9 is offline Not close enough to the magic!
    I wouldn't mind a noodle place. The problem comes when you have a pickey eater in your family.:mickey:
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    A longtime complaint to CMs at WDW is from Asian visitors who are unhappy with the selection of foods in the parks and restaurants, as they lack items that they consider a staple of their diets. For example, most Asian people eat white rice with their meals. Of course, in WDW parks (other than WS of course) these are not available, severely limiting their choices.

That being said, i still doubt that the classic Plaza Pavilion will become a trendy noodle company. If anything, the idea of adding this ype of item in someplace like Adventureland sounds more plausible.

Maybe it's my way of thinking....but why would you go to a foreign country expecting food from your home country to plentiful? I sure would not be looking for burger and fries in Paris. When in Rome...
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by BelleBeast
    The Plaza Pavillion DID serve Pizza and if you are going before January 3 you can still get Pizza there...However it will be closed for rehab from January 3- March 18 when it will reopen as the Tomorrowland Terrace noddle Station...

You can also get Pizza at Tony's Town Square Restaurant but that is full service (not a counter service location).

I pasted this from the DisBoards posted by a CM -- I was hoping someone would say - Its not going to happen!!
    Wow if that is true I can hardly believe it! Seems like quite a change, I hope they know what they are doing! But hey, I'm all for noodles, I guess, but it seems like MGM or AK would be a better place for this kind of a change-I sorta think of pizza, fries, and the like at the MK. Oh well......

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    A common complaint I've heard is how "generic" the food is at ALL counter service restaurants (Both within a park, and across parks). I think adding more options is a good idea, as long as there are still places to get your "pizza, fries, and the like"

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    So much for my theories...

The "Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station" is reportedly set to replace the Plaza, which closed last week.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Boooo!!!!!!!!!!! We want the Plaza!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by olmec26; 01-10-2005 at 09:09 PM.
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

That surprises me, but hey, I'll try the noodles.....

tiggerguy is online now one of the good guys
    Are we sure this is correct information? Because Deb Wills has no mention at all on her site!
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    Quote Originally Posted by DissyLove
    That surprises me, but hey, I'll try the noodles.....
    I'll second that, but I hope Disney dosen't miss the opportunity to expand there menu here . by which I hean I hope they kep the former "terrace only" menu items on the menu list elsewhere in the Magic Kingdom.

Personally I would have liked to see them re-open the Adventureland Verandah for a noodle location... http://home.cfl.rr.com/omniluxe/advv.htm <---Mike Lee has a nice page on it.

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast