Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Boy Catches Child Molester At Disney World Resort in the News & Rumors forums; He was so smart not to approach the man on his own. I wish there was something we could do for him. Disney should give him a free all expense ...
    He was so smart not to approach the man on his own. I wish there was something we could do for him.

Disney should give him a free all expense paid vacation sometime!!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by flutter View Post
    I have an effective way, 2 words..gun...shovel
    LOL!!! Well put Flutter!!

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Quote Originally Posted by flutter View Post
    I have an effective way, 2 words..gun...shovel
    Amen Brother!!!!!! Maybe another effective tool is wouldd have been for the deputies to walk this guy over and hand him to this little girls daddy so he could have extracted a "pound of flesh" from his worthless hide!!! I honestly believe attacks on children should be punished with the death penalty.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    Yeah, I heard about this and I was like Woah,,, never thought that that would happen there.
    But at least they caught him. Good work on that kid's part.
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I'm not quite sure why we consider WDW a safe haven because, after all, it's just a public resort. None of us go through a screening process to buy a ticket or reserve a hotel room. Hats off to the boy who realized something was not right and notified his dad. I hope the little girl with whom they found him with will recover from her ordeal.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

eyeinthesky is offline C-Ticket Holder
    It would be nice if Disney would do something for this boy and his family. This is especially true considering this was a major black eye for the Disney Company. Although it had a positive outcome, Disney probably would have preferred that the incident happened at Universal instead.
    Creator, The Best of Walt Disney World
    www.bestwdw.com

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    Well done to the boy, but also to the parents. They must have done a great job at teaching their kids what is right and wrong and its ok to stand up and not trust all adults. Without the boy having the confidence to trust his instinct, this sick bloke could still be out there,
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

flutter is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by eyeinthesky View Post
    It would be nice if Disney would do something for this boy and his family. This is especially true considering this was a major black eye for the Disney Company. Although it had a positive outcome, Disney probably would have preferred that the incident happened at Universal instead.
    I bet they prefer it didn't happen at all

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Hats off to this very brave and bright young man! Your parents have done a great job!

Goes to show that no place is safe and to keep an eye on your kids in public places. It doesnt disclose how old the little girl was but letting younger or emotionally not mature (age not being an issue) out of your site is not a good idea in today's time unfortunatly. Times have changed and we can only hope for the best.

Again, Kudos Kiddo! You Rock!
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    Amen Brother!!!!!! Maybe another effective tool is wouldd have been for the deputies to walk this guy over and hand him to this little girls daddy so he could have extracted a "pound of flesh" from his worthless hide!!! I honestly believe attacks on children should be punished with the death penalty.
    My thoughts exactly. That MIGHT make some of these perverts think twice before doing somethign like this.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    what a smart lil boy!! i really feel for the lil girl!!!! i never let my kids out of my sight.. and i have always stressed to my son and will my daughter too you NEVER walk away with a stranger EVER!!! even if they say they know me or you..

i dont know why we think vacation spots are placde to relax on everything... in places (exps. DISNEY) there are LOTS of children and a busy atomsphere so people can get lost of mis counted for so quickly!!
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    like everyone else, I have always felt like WDW was an exceptionally safe place. unfortunately, I'm sure this motherscratcher knew that everyone thinks this. after a 40-year history of playing "catch and release" with the law, I'm sure he did his research on where might be the easiest place for him to find his prey: the pool at the resort. he was smart enough not to try this junk in the parks because there are so many CMs in a concentrated area. he also knew that guests feel "at home" at their respective resorts and thus their guard is going to be down, moreso than in the parks.

this jerk (strongest word I could think of without the ****** thing) is a thinking and calculating predator... the most dangerous kind. with that in mind, I personally feel that, given his methods and history, rehabilitation is no longer an option.

in short, fry the mother.

If we can dream it, we can do it

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    i completely agree.. thats what i just said to my hubby.. after 40 years.. this man is not going to change or contorl his urges... he should be in a place where he gets beat on a daily bases.... it makes me so sick... my hubby was saying like 1 in 4 lil girls are touched or sexual abused in some way.. and those are only the reported cases... think of the unrepoted cases!

their should be a harrser(SP) punishment for any crime or harm done to a child!
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    You are right. Though it has been proven that sexual offenders are not rehabable. No amount of therapy can break the offenders desire to fullfil their "need".

If I had anything to say about it, they would all be locked up for ever. How many cases, like the one in Florida that was just settled, does it take to get laws changed. Sexual offenders do not deserve to be released. Much less, released early due to "good behavior!"

This kid should be rewarded for what he did to save that little girl. And the offender should be lucky that I am not her father. I know that Disney is "The Happiest Place on Earth", but he would not have been "happy" once I got through with him!!
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

Mickey's#1Fan is offline Ready to go back to the World!
    Massachusetts... not close enough to the world :(
    wow what an amazing kid!!!!! disney deffinetly should give him something..... as for the guy i think that will not be one of his happy disney memories!
    Jennah
    Remember the MAGIC
    "a dream can be a dream come true with just that spark in me and you!"
    "in the big blue world...."
    "because i'm a lady... thats why"
    "it's a great BIG beautiful tomorrow!""Beware of hitch hiking ghosts!!"
    "it's hard to be cool when your dad is goofy!"

"please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated safely inside the theater safely"- dr. nigel channing imagination institute

check...check...check...check...applause- four for a dollar

WDW
    Trips: '90 '91 '92 '93 '94 '95 '96 '97 '98 '99 '00 '01 '02 '03 '04
    '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '12

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast