Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Boy Catches Child Molester At Disney World Resort in the News & Rumors forums; I'm with Flutter. Gun and Shovel. Just one question though.......... Anyone got a shovel?...
    mutt71 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I'm with Flutter.
    Gun and Shovel.
    Just one question though..........
    Anyone got a shovel?

dizfanfamily is offline Are we there YET???
    Quote Originally Posted by mini-V View Post
    I'm not quite sure why we consider WDW a safe haven because, after all, it's just a public resort. None of us go through a screening process to buy a ticket or reserve a hotel room. Hats off to the boy who realized something was not right and notified his dad. I hope the little girl with whom they found him with will recover from her ordeal.

Great post. You are so right on many levels. First we need to think about the little girl that was victimized by this man, and pray that she gets help and has no lasting trauma. Second, we often forget that WDW is open to the public. Just like anywhere else we go, we have to be vigilant at WDW. Especially when it comes to our children. We were in the world just a few weeks ago, and I was surprised to see a young boy, no more than 10 years old, ridding the bus by himself between the park and the resort. I’m not sure at that age I would be comfortable letting my kid travel alone around Disney.
    1978, 83 – Contemporary Garden, 2001 – Contemporary Tower MK Side (Honeymoon),
    2002 – Grand Floridian, 2003 – Wilderness Lodge (Christmas @ WDW),
    2005 – Saratoga Springs (DVC Member), 2006 – Boardwalk Villas,
    2007 -- Saratoga Springs (April & December), 2008 -- SSR (March), BWV (Oct), POFQ (Dec)

Planning our next trip...

FutureImagineer is offline Fastpass Holder
    The parents of that boy should be very proud. They raised him very well!
    In this very twisted world, I hope more parents are talking to their children and teaching them how to avoid and deal with such situations.

I hope Disney makes this boy's dream come true. In this year of a million dreams, a true hero definitely deserves that!
    The Goofy Princess

The_Heat is offline Scourge of Lake Superior
    It kind of reminds me of my internship, it was getting near park closing and a young girl...between 10 and 12 came to my stand in her bathing suit...she got seperated from her parents and was claiming that some guy had been following her all day. The whole thing was very upsetting...luckily Security came quickly, and brought her to city hall.

Luckily that guy had not followed her to the stand, because I had the good mind to do some very un-cm-like behavior to him.
    All the people will look up and shout: "Save us!" and I'll whisper...'no'.

Who watches the watchmen?

flutter is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mutt71 View Post
    I'm with Flutter.
    Gun and Shovel.
    Anyone got a shovel?
    I'm sure we have one around here somewhere

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by mutt71 View Post
    I'm with Flutter.
    Gun and Shovel.
    Anyone got a shovel?
    I have several of both....just let me know when and where.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

Mickey's#1Fan is offline Ready to go back to the World!
    Massachusetts... not close enough to the world :(
    yeah i dont know why that little girl would be walking around all by herself!?! im 17 and i still like sticking close to my family for those reasons exactly lol!!
    Jennah
    Remember the MAGIC
    "a dream can be a dream come true with just that spark in me and you!"
    "in the big blue world...."
    "because i'm a lady... thats why"
    "it's a great BIG beautiful tomorrow!""Beware of hitch hiking ghosts!!"
    "it's hard to be cool when your dad is goofy!"

"please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated safely inside the theater safely"- dr. nigel channing imagination institute

check...check...check...check...applause- four for a dollar

WDW
    Trips: '90 '91 '92 '93 '94 '95 '96 '97 '98 '99 '00 '01 '02 '03 '04
    '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '12

disnyfreek is offline B-Ticket Holder
    About 2 miles from the proposed site for Disney's America
    That's one bright kid to think of that. People like that criminal disgust me..what goes through the minds of people like him?

that is very disturbing and sick.. that kid should be given a stay in cindy's castle
    Adrien

Your 14 year old disney expert!

If I go crazy, will you still call me superman?

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Quote Originally Posted by dizfanfamily View Post
    Great post. You are so right on many levels. First we need to think about the little girl that was victimized by this man, and pray that she gets help and has no lasting trauma. Second, we often forget that WDW is open to the public. Just like anywhere else we go, we have to be vigilant at WDW. Especially when it comes to our children. We were in the world just a few weeks ago, and I was surprised to see a young boy, no more than 10 years old, ridding the bus by himself between the park and the resort. I’m not sure at that age I would be comfortable letting my kid travel alone around Disney.
    Not only is WDW open to the public, the security is laughable. Being a police officer, I take my duty weapon, extra magazine and a set of handcuffs with me everywhere I go but I usually lock them up when I go to my local amusment park (Kings Island in Mason, OH) because they have metal detectors. I figure if everyone else is on a level playing field, I can handle my own and protect my family. Plus they have uniformed and armed Park Police officers with full arrest authority as opposed to security guards. I know of many cops who vacation at WDW and take their "tools of the trade" into the park with them because there is no real security there at the gates. The guys at the gate only look into your bag. What about the serated pocket knives I have in my each pocket! I know from experience most cops carry a "fanny pack" with their gun and badge, etc and I usually make note of them when I see em. i lost count at WDW. Who knows how many armed people make it in there. One of the big problems is that people still don't plan for the unfortunate what if, they accept the fact that since nothing bad has really happened there, nothing bad ever will.

We expect our kids to be safe but parents have to be responsible for their kids and realize there are some people out there that want to hurt others. God help them if they hurt mine. WDW security and the Sheriff's Office couldn't respond fast enough to prevent the beating I'd give one of these fools.
    Last edited by ohiodisneydad; 05-13-2007 at 01:05 AM.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

GrmGrnningGhost is offline Friends Call Me Snow Miser...
    Quote Originally Posted by flutter View Post
    I have an effective way, 2 words..gun...shovel

'Bout time we started to be an angry mob *lights torch* Were's my picthfork

Back to the story..

Kudos to the kid, he should be very proud of himself.
    Josh

The happy haunts have received your simpathetic vibrations, and are begining to materialize.They're assembling for a swinging wake,and they will be expecting me.I will see you all a little later

I'm Mister White Christmas
    I'm Mister Snow
    I'm Mister Icicle
    I'm Mister Ten Below
    Friends call me Snow Miser
    What ever I touch
    Turns to snow in my clutch
    I'm too much!

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    this thread has become a wonderful warning for any of those low-life scum out there that might be using DWT to get info about the parks!
    Be afraid, even DWT members can turn nasty when needed !!!!!
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    One of the big problems is that people still don't plan for the unfortunate what if, they accept the fact that since nothing bad has really happened there, nothing bad ever will.
    Amen, brother. Amen.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer13 View Post
    this thread has become a wonderful warning for any of those low-life scum out there that might be using DWT to get info about the parks!
    Be afraid, even DWT members can turn nasty when needed !!!!!
    Agreed. I'm holdong my littlest princess as I type this. I would break someone in half if they tried to hurt her. I think it's time for law enforcement and the judicial system to start punishing the human filth that preys on our children
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Koda is offline C-Ticket Holder
    This story makes me want to puke! Im so disgusted by other people, how can we let people like this remain in our society? Great job to the boy though, what a tramatic experience for everyone involved... ick!
    Koda

If we can dream it, we can do it! ~ Walt Disney

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast