Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Wild fires, smoke and so far little tourism impact in the News & Rumors forums; From the Orlando Sentinel Tourism blog: ================================================= Wild fires, smoke and so far little tourism impact posted by ScottPowers on May 9, 2007 4:33:10 PM The long dry winter is ...
    Timbo is offline Fastpass Holder

Post Wild fires, smoke and so far little tourism impact

From the Orlando Sentinel Tourism blog:
    =================================================
    Wild fires, smoke and so far little tourism impact

posted by ScottPowers on May 9, 2007 4:33:10 PM

The long dry winter is hitting Central Florida hard, as the wildfires continue to crop up, grow and pour smoke, sometimes thick, across much of the community. The effects are spotty, dependent on conditions, wind direction etc. A few roads have been closed due to smoke, including part of Florida's Turnpike around Kissimmee. So far, Central Florida's theme parks and other major attractions aren't being affected much.
    =================================================
    Full blog here: http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/bus...ires_smok.html
    Check out my blog or MySpace.

liljam is offline B-Ticket Holder
    When we drove back home last Friday, I95 was so foggy from the smoke and we had soot laying on our vehicle. At the time, there were about 97 fires total in FL according to what I was told by a guide at St. Augustine. It was really sad knowing that the fog was from smoke and it was so thick, the sun appeared red. I sure hope for a heavy rain to come through that state because this is just sad!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    - Leslee

Saratoga Springs is my home away from home! Proud DVC Member 5-10-07