Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Tusker House Restaurant Change! in the News & Rumors forums; TUSKER HOUSE RESTAURANT We are very pleased to announce that Tusker ouse Restaurant at Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park is being converted from a quick-service restaurant to a buffet restaurant. ...
    DisneyHottie is offline C-Ticket Holder

Exclamation Tusker House Restaurant Change!

TUSKER HOUSE RESTAURANT

We are very pleased to announce that Tusker ouse Restaurant at Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park is being converted from a quick-service restaurant to a buffet restaurant. It will offer a character breakfast buffet, called Donald's Safari Breakfast, and a lunch/dinner buffet. Hours of operation will be 8 a.m.- 10:30 a.m. for the caracter breakfast and 11:30 a.m. until park close for the lunch/dinner buffet. Te restaurant will feature indoor and outdoor seating.

Hopeful Fall '08 CPer!!
    In love with Cptn. Jack Sparrow

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    Hmm, I wonder what will happen to the Character Breakfast at Restaurantasaurus..it sounds exactly the same, hopefully they won't have two of the same type restaurants in the same park!
    Tina

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Maybe they changed it for the dining plan? If I remember correctly AK only had counter restaurants so you couldn't use any table meals there.

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    The Tusker House was the best Counter Service mean around.
    They call me "Nana"

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    From another site....................

Tusker House is closing on August 20 and will reopen on November 17 as a full serve buffet restaurant.

When Tusker House reopens, it will offer the "Donald's Safari Breakfast" from 8:00am thru 10:30am.

Buffet Lunch/Dinner will be served starting at 11:30am until park closing.(Only breakfast will feature characters.

Note that "Donald's Breakfastosaurus in Restaurantosaurus will be discontinued on November 5. That dining venue will continue to be counter serve from 10:30am till park closing.

SO that makes one Counter Service restaurant on the Dining plan for all of AK. Wonder if they are going to add the yet to be Yak and Yeti to the DDP???????

Oh well that leaves the Flame Tree BBQ, which is what I like anyway. LOL
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    i'm going to try the flame tree BBQ.. when i go i cant wait.. hubby is totally agaisnt AK.. he said he is not intersted in the least in going... i'm hoping when we go the park changes his mind
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy&Tayen View Post
    i'm going to try the flame tree BBQ.. when i go i cant wait.. hubby is totally agaisnt AK.. he said he is not intersted in the least in going... i'm hoping when we go the park changes his mind
    GEEEZZZ....what does he want to do when you go? Tell him there is a really cool show called the Festival of the Lion King show and when you get there you JUST HAVE to ask a CM to be seated in the "giraffe" section because he really wants picked for it. Not telling, and y'all keep quiet on it too.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    LOL.... he likes epcot #1 and then MGM and MK.. and he is a huge fan of another park down there i will leave nameless...LOL

and he is a lil upset that i planned everyday for disney and going to each park for one day rather than not going to AK and going to that other park instead.. but i believe he has gotten over it..LOL

this is my trip not his... LOL

this is my baby!!
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    I'm planning on trying the Tusker House when I go. Good thing they're waiting til August to close it for refurb!
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Sonny Eclipse is offline Fastpass Holder
    I was not going to go to Tusker House when I'm there the end of May but may go now.

Any opinions whether I should try it before it changes or go to Flame Tree instead? I haven't tried either yet.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Eclipse View Post
    I was not going to go to Tusker House when I'm there the end of May but may go now.

Any opinions whether I should try it before it changes or go to Flame Tree instead? I haven't tried either yet.
    I like the rotisserie chicken meal at Tusker House.

I look forward to the changes. I'm not a huge fan of RFC and didn't have a good experience with Donald's breakfast.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

dizfanfamily is offline Are we there YET???
    This sounds like a good change in the AK. We went to Donald's Breakfastosaurus in April and were disappointed, big time. Hopefully by moving it they will offer better food. I always liked going to Tusher House for quick breakfast, so if they incorporate some of that fair, I'm in.
    1978, 83 Contemporary Garden, 2001 Contemporary Tower MK Side (Honeymoon),
    2002 Grand Floridian, 2003 Wilderness Lodge (Christmas @ WDW),
    2005 Saratoga Springs (DVC Member), 2006 Boardwalk Villas,
    2007 -- Saratoga Springs (April & December), 2008 -- SSR (March), BWV (Oct), POFQ (Dec)

Planning our next trip...

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    I'm happy Breakfastosaurus is out, I don't think the characters get to interact with the families enough.
    Tina

biskit11 is offline 1000th Happy Haunt
    Tusker House is my favorite counter service restaurant! It's such a great change from burgers at most of the counter service places. I will miss it so much!

Koda is offline C-Ticket Holder
    OH man just when Tusker house was really really growing on me! Also last week when I was at AK it seemed like they were building a new restaurant near the bird show. Anyone know anything about it?
    Koda

If we can dream it, we can do it! ~ Walt Disney