Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Wonders will Open / Seas update in the News & Rumors forums; Spread the word to the other websites... Wonders of life will reopen (including Pure and Simple) for 3 weeks starting April 4th. Also, the Living Seas has put up a ...
    Loric is offline D-Ticket Holder

Wonders will Open / Seas update

Spread the word to the other websites...

Wonders of life will reopen (including Pure and Simple) for 3 weeks starting April 4th.

Also, the Living Seas has put up a new rehab wall on the lower observation level underneath what would be the main walkway for the upper observation level - between the two escalators. Addtionally, the area that was once closed off to "hide" the Sea Cab entrance has expanded and now large rehab walls now enclose more space of the original queue - hiding the entrances to the load ramp area that were previously visible.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Thanks for the update....

I wonder (pardon the pun) what the ultimate fate of the WoL pavilion is going to be, since seasonal openings are usually the death knell for an attraction or pavilion.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Originally posted by AKQJ10
    Thanks for the update....

I wonder (pardon the pun) what the ultimate fate of the WoL pavilion is going to be, since seasonal openings are usually the death knell for an attraction or pavilion.
    Sorry for not getting back to you sooner..

Wonders will probably either "die" completely when Soarin opens (as Horizons did when Test Track and Energy finished their rehabs) or be revamped. The space wont stay unused forever.

Either it will get the bull-doze treatment and something totally new will appear a few years down the road - or it could just get a makeover. The ride system for Body Wars is still in very good condition and could be reprogrammed for a new show and the Cranium Command show is/was very popular with guests. It had a relatively high attendance and so if the pavillion is "made-over" then it will most likely return mostly untouched.

Horizons was known for its "space" segments and then evolved into the full SPACE pavillion. Wonders may or may not keep the Health theme, but most preliminary ideas out of WDI have involved moving away from the "health tech" approach and more toward "life phases and development" sort of a more humanistic approach like how Imagination isn't really about any technology or futuristic theme. Wonders very well could become the love/emotions/life lessons pavillion - remember the key points of Cranium.

Cranium and Body Wars are seperate buildings from the main dome. They very well could demolish the dome and still keep the show and then BWars ride system fully intact. The dome does have some structural problems from what I've heard but could be refurbished and saved.

Many of the interior attractions have already been unoperational for long periods. The only ones really remining wer Goofy About Health (simply a serious of TV screens and theater seats) and then the Making of Me theater. Neither would be particularly missed by the general public.

The thing "they" would want to keep due to guest popularity include Cranium, Exercycles, and the Pure and Simple eatery. The majority of the pavillion is considered dated and unsalvageable from a theme perspective. Essentially they're faced with gutting much of the building and replacing "interactivities" and finding some way of the using the central area's theaters and then perhaps re-doing Body Wars. Incase anyone was unaware - Bwars is identicle to Star Tours so a completely new show overlay is far from out of the question or impossible.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Loric,

GREAT update!!! Thanks for all the detailed info!

Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

1HourAway is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Loric - While I was at Living Seas Saturday - an 'education' CM - she did the dive chamber lockout demonstration, said that the SeaCabs would be returning to use later this year. When I asked if they would be the same ride or if they would be enhanced at all. She coyly answered that "you never know, but rumor has it that it will be a 'Finding Nemo' theme".

Any truth to this - that you know of??

I've heard of two scenarios..

A - SeaCabs open with some nice cute Nemo Enhancements.

B - SeaCabs have been carted away and removed and the area reopens as a walkthrough.

Things I do know.. The wall that is walled off downstairs is essentially where any access corridor would be for the ride - it could also be retrofitted into a walkway exit - you enter at the load area, walk to the main tank underneath "Observation Deck" and exit by the escalators. It would make SeaBase Alpha much bigger admittedly, but wouldn't really add much draw for myself or many others. I really hope the walling-off is jsut an access corridor while they work on things.

None of the other "modules" has gone into rehab yet. This is troubling as the way Seas was built, it would be easy to close them off one at a time like tey did with the current new Nemo-area. Maybe they will close the whole pavillion to do the final makeover. But, the Crush interactive has to go somewhere - Disney has confirmed it exists and will go into Seas. But, if none of the other modules close.. it could end up in the new "walkway" if you get my drift.

They had a small part of a week where they re-routed the backstage buses at Epcot to a different load/unload area for Seas drop-off. This implies they were moving or doing something big that took up space behind the pavillion. It could be the addition of show scenery or maybe bringing in equipment to work on the tanks.. or.. lets hope not - the removal of the SeaCabs. I can't see that beign quite so easy to do and in such a short period. I guess a few days of constant work and a fork lift you could get them all out of the building, but I like to think it'd take much longer to gut the place - and more importantly, someone would have noticed and said something online by now.

The windows into the Tunnels are still blacked out and I hope my memory serves that it wasn't exactly a high clearance in the tunnels - though for evac it would of needed to of been.

Everything so far can point both way - the rehab wall appearing can either be for access or to make a new opening to the walkway - the other rehab wall expanding outward can either be to re-do and reopen the load platform, or it could be the remove the load platform. The one hope? They haven't removed the freshly painted looking railing at the queue yet.