Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Disney's Haunted Mansion making room for new ghosts in the News & Rumors forums; I'm there....now I just need to buy a pass. Hmm...I need to plant a money tree....
    Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    I'm there....now I just need to buy a pass. Hmm...I need to plant a money tree.
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13

wish i still had my passes...
    Adrien

Your 14 year old disney expert!

If I go crazy, will you still call me superman?

WDWFan08 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I don't think they'd add him. But darn, I wanna see the attraction so badly!!! I wish for once that I was rich so then I can fly back in time to see the ride before college starts again! Grr!
    --
    Sarah

What will YOU celebrate?

Check out my recent photos in my photo album!

Shutterfly Website: http://amateurphotography.shutterfly.com/

WDWFan08 is offline D-Ticket Holder

I found this on disneyworld.com (I think it requires you to be a registered because I found it through Backstage Pass in My Vacation) :

"Eek"-Streme Makeover
    Behind the screams of the creepy new touches at The Haunted Mansion
    "When hinges creak in doorless chambers
    and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls,
    Whenever candlelights flicker and the air is deathly still,
    That is the time ghosts are present,
    Practicing their terror with ghoulish delight."

These eerie words of the Ghost Host are like poetry to the millions who consider The Haunted Mansion one of their all-time favorite Walt Disney World attractions. This fun-and-frightful landmark is a genuine classic with so many clever effects and superb details, it never fails to amaze and mystify. And yet, come this fall, a few strange things will have occurred—wondrous things that only add to the overall magic, always reverently faithful to the original vision.
    One of the things that you'll notice will be astonishing new digital audio effects, using some of the newest technology. "We have taken this new technology and incorporated it into The Haunted Mansion, always careful to maintain the integrity of the original show for all its many fans," Walt Disney Imagineering Principle Media Designer Joe Herrington told us. "Everything they've loved is there, but we've added to it to make it an even more incredible show."
    "Could it be that these walls are actually stretching?"
    "There are certain things that are sacred territory, like the Ghost Host," he continued. "But in the past, his voice just plunked around the room. We've gone a lot further now. Now he has the power to float around you and the other Guests." (Sometimes he can get creepily close!)
    "Now once we got our friend the Ghost Host floating around the room just like a real ghost in an extremely believable way, we decided to bring the little gargoyles to life and let them have fun as well," said Joe. "We put a few bats in there and let them fly around and a few other things too. So now we have more of an ambiance, a texture."
    The Imagineers were so dedicated to getting the sound quality perfect, they actually built a full-scale replica of the Stretch Room in their Glendale, California, studios for meticulous testing. Joe assured us that the results were definitely worth the effort. "It's a very noticeable difference, like night and day."
    "Wall-to-wall creeps, hot and cold running chills..."
    While the Stretch Room is the prime showcase for this new sound technology, a similar effect of a floating Ghost Host is replicated as soon as you climb aboard your "doom buggy" to tour the upstairs hallways, ballroom, attic and graveyard. And as you explore, you may spot some other unnerving sights in addition to the classic scenes. You never know what might materialize! (Look for more in a special video in the October issue of this newsletter.)
    Voice actor royalty retain their thrones
    The bride adds the only new voice to The Haunted Mansion; all the original ghostly voices will still be there to chill you. The Ghost Host narration—acclaimed as one of the finest vocal performances in any medium—remains the domain of Disney Legend Paul Frees, whose many other roles include Boris on Rocky and Bullwinkle.
    And speaking of mediums, continuing as Madame Leota's voice will be Eleanor Audley, who also voiced Lady Tremaine in Cinderella and Malificent in Sleeping Beauty. And thanks to state-of-the-art sound, their voices and all the other atmospheric effects will sound even better—or worse, depending on your point of view—than ever.
    We don't know about you, but we're just dying to float over to the Magic Kingdom Park this fall to see and hear it all!"

Hope that'll give y'all some relief on what Disney's truly doing. I'm thankful that they're keeping the original voices, especially the Ghost Host b/c he's just so original, and you can't find anyone else. Anyway, hope that helps for y'all!
    --
    Sarah

What will YOU celebrate?

Check out my recent photos in my photo album!

Shutterfly Website: http://amateurphotography.shutterfly.com/

HOST_Dream is offline A-Ticket holder

HM is about to open

hello!! HM is about to open next month my mom works in MK
    go vmk!!

Kellyn25 is offline A-Ticket holder
    having an AP is totally worth it (not to get off topic) but it's great to have it when stuff like this happens. I got to ride Mission Space early because of it

Mickey's#1Fan is offline Ready to go back to the World!
    Massachusetts... not close enough to the world :(
    that news letter calmed my fears!!! it sounds really good i cant wait!! but i do bc im not going back till next year! maybe ill sneak a trip in without my familly right when college gets out! lol!!!
    Jennah
    Remember the MAGIC
    "a dream can be a dream come true with just that spark in me and you!"
    "in the big blue world...."
    "because i'm a lady... thats why"
    "it's a great BIG beautiful tomorrow!""Beware of hitch hiking ghosts!!"
    "it's hard to be cool when your dad is goofy!"

"please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated safely inside the theater safely"- dr. nigel channing imagination institute

check...check...check...check...applause- four for a dollar

WDW
    Trips: '90 '91 '92 '93 '94 '95 '96 '97 '98 '99 '00 '01 '02 '03 '04
    '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '12

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234