Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss AirTran Airways partners with Walt Disney World in the News & Rumors forums; From the Orlando Business Journal: AirTran Airways partners with Walt Disney World AirTran Airways, a subsidiary of Orlando-based AirTran Holdings Inc. (NYSE: AAI), has signed a joint marketing agreement with ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

AirTran Airways partners with Walt Disney World

From the Orlando Business Journal:

AirTran Airways, a subsidiary of Orlando-based AirTran Holdings Inc. (NYSE: AAI), has signed a joint marketing agreement with Walt Disney World Resort, allowing customers of AirTran to book Walt Disney World vacations seamlessly with one internet session or telephone call.

The agreement covers all AirTran flights into Central Florida, where the airline's number of daily flights has doubled since 2000. After booking airfare with an arriving flight in Orlando, customers will be offered a variety of Walt Disney World Resort vacation options from which to choose -- including packaged vacations and theme park tickets.

This expands AirTran's list of corporate partners to five, including American Express, The Coca-Cola Co., The Hertz Corp. and Juniper Bank.

From its hub at in Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, AirTranemploys 6,000 crew members and operates more than 500 daily flights to more than 40 destinations.

Does this mean If You Had Wings is coming back with a new sponsor?
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

sterm26 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    That's cool. I'm flying AirTran to MCO in 3 weeks, I'll post a review of their service when I get back. You can't really beat their fares..I paid $121 a person, RT from Philly.
    WDW offsite 1979, '83, '86, '87, '89,' 93

ASMo November 2003 (Love Bug)

Pop Century February 2005 (50's)

Pop Century February 2006 (60's)

Pop Century August 2006 (60's)

Coronado Springs February 2009

Disneyland August 1988 (L.A.)

Disneyland August 2005 (Anaheim Plaza)

"His name's Tron, fights for the Users..."

epscot is offline A-Ticket holder
    With this joint marketing agreement in place, I don't understand why AirTran isn't included in Disney's new airport luggage/shuttle service (the name escapes me right now) that is getting ready to launch. Or are they and I just missed it?

QuickGold is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Bah, AirTran = ValueJet. 'Nuff said

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickGold
    Bah, AirTran = ValueJet. 'Nuff said
    Don't brush them off like that. I used to work for ValuJet and AirTran is like a new company. I know, they really aren't, but when you look at them it has really changed. They now have the newest fleet of aircraft in the country. The average age of their aircraft is LESS than 5 years. No more 30 year old DC-9s, now it is all new B-717 and B-737-700.

Also, keep in mind that the crash in the Everglades was the result of gross negligence on the part of the contract maintenance company in Miami, SabreTech. And they are nolonger in business.

Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    Now I wish I would have gone back when they recalled me. I would probably be getting discounts to WDW now!!!
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

QuickGold is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddBreakey
    Don't brush them off like that. I used to work for ValuJet and AirTran is like a new company. I know, they really aren't, but when you look at them it has really changed. They now have the newest fleet of aircraft in the country. The average age of their aircraft is LESS than 5 years. No more 30 year old DC-9s, now it is all new B-717 and B-737-700.

Also, keep in mind that the crash in the Everglades was the result of gross negligence on the part of the contract maintenance company in Miami, SabreTech. And they are nolonger in business.
    Obviously they haven't had a problem since then but I'll give my business to another airline. Thanks for the update though, very informative.

sterm26 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Just got back from WDW on Super Bowl Sunday. It was a great week until the game was played

I had no complaints with Air Tran. No problem with the early internet check in, luggage arrived pretty quickly on both legs of the trip. The flights were both non stop, left on schedule and arrived 15 minutes early both ways. No meals were served, but they did hand out as many bags of pretzels as you could eat. The Eagles fans flying to the big game heartily partook of the $4 beers (credit card only, btw.) The early internet-only fares I booked for the trip ($49 each way plus tax) couldn't be matched by USAir or Southwest without heavy restrictions.

Now, I did fly from Philly nonstop. Most Air Tran flights from other cities are routed through Atlanta, which could cause headaches during peak travel times.

I give Air Tran a thumbs up!
    WDW offsite 1979, '83, '86, '87, '89,' 93

ASMo November 2003 (Love Bug)

Pop Century February 2005 (50's)

Pop Century February 2006 (60's)

Pop Century August 2006 (60's)

Coronado Springs February 2009

Disneyland August 1988 (L.A.)

Disneyland August 2005 (Anaheim Plaza)

"His name's Tron, fights for the Users..."

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    That's good to hear Sterm! I've flown AirTran out of BWI with no problems going to Las Vegas, layover in Texas somewhere. I'm looking for an alternate to US Airways out of Philly right now....it seems AirTran has better fares than Southwest, US Airways, etc. for direct flights.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

flutter is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by sterm26
    Just got back from WDW on Super Bowl Sunday. It was a great week until the game was played

I had no complaints with Air Tran. No problem with the early internet check in, luggage arrived pretty quickly on both legs of the trip. The flights were both non stop, left on schedule and arrived 15 minutes early both ways. No meals were served, but they did hand out as many bags of pretzels as you could eat. The Eagles fans flying to the big game heartily partook of the $4 beers (credit card only, btw.) The early internet-only fares I booked for the trip ($49 each way plus tax) couldn't be matched by USAir or Southwest without heavy restrictions.

Now, I did fly from Philly nonstop. Most Air Tran flights from other cities are routed through Atlanta, which could cause headaches during peak travel times.

I give Air Tran a thumbs up!
    I thought the game went very well

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by flutter
    I thought the game went very well

I thought it did too Tracy!
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...