Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Letter from Al Weiss to WDW Employees in the News & Rumors forums; January 10 An extraordinary global celebration awaits us In just four short months we will begin throwing the most amazing, over-the-top party in Disney theme park history — the Happiest ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

Letter from Al Weiss to WDW Employees

January 10
    An extraordinary global celebration awaits us

In just four short months we will begin throwing the most amazing, over-the-top party in Disney theme park history — the Happiest Celebration On Earth. I'm excited about this to say the least, and I'm sure you are, too.

Starting May 5, we will celebrate 50 years of Disney theme park magic with new attractions and entertainment at the Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort and our other destinations around the globe. Honoring the 50th Anniversary of Disneyland, this will be our first worldwide celebration involving all five Disney Resorts in California, Tokyo, Paris, Hong Kong and Florida — plus Disney Cruise Line.

Here at the Walt Disney World Resort, we'll celebrate the best of Disney theme parks around the world by importing blockbuster hits from across the globe into all four of our parks.

- Coming to the Magic Kingdom direct from Tokyo Disneyland will be Cinderellabration, a heart-warming, enchanting musical featuring the royal ceremony in which Cinderella is crowned a princess.

- At Epcot, we're building Soarin', a high-flying attraction from Disney's California Adventure that will thrill Guests with a birds-eye journey over the Golden State.

- Disney-MGM Studios will become a wild world of wheels with motorcycles and cars literally flying through the air as part of the exhilarating Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show, direct from Walt Disney Studios Paris.

- And at Disney's Animal Kingdom, Lucky the Dinosaur, the first-ever free-roaming Audio-Animatronics creation, will roam the streets of Dinoland, U.S.A., greeting Guests and showing how Disney can bring characters to life in a whole new way.

We're also creating a unique new attraction just for our Florida resort, called Expedition Everest. This much-anticipated new E-Ticket ride at Disney's Animal Kingdom features a high-speed train adventure through the Himalayas, combining coaster-style thrills, a dramatic storyline and some surprising twists. In addition, as part of the 50th Anniversary festivities, Disney Cruise Line is offering a special west coast itinerary that's already nearly booked.

When Walt opened the doors to his very first theme park back in 1955, he launched an entire industry and truly changed the way the world vacations. With the Happiest Celebration On Earth, we'll pay tribute to our ongoing legacy of innovation, storytelling and family entertainment as we look ahead to the next 50 years of Disney magic.

For more details about this unprecedented Disney celebration, please visit the Happiest Celebration On Earth module on the My Disney TEAM portal, coming later this month. In the meantime, thanks for continuing to deliver an exceptional Guest and Cast experience every day.

As we move into 2005 and beyond, we'll have even more reason to be excited about our roles at Disney - and the joy we bring to Guests from around the world.

Al Weiss
    President
    Walt Disney World

Thanks to one of Lou's "little bluebirds" for the info
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

BigDaddyKyle is offline Moderator
    Awesoem!!! I am ready to see ALL the new rides!
    See YOU at Disney World,

BDK

<!--StartFragment -->

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Not a word in there about them messing with the Castle, though...very interesting!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

BigDaddyKyle is offline Moderator
    Maybe they were afraid of a Leak!!!!! We already knew about everything in the letter, but maybe they left out a few things that they didn't want us to know?????
    See YOU at Disney World,

BDK

<!--StartFragment -->

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    Isn't the castle decorating public already?

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam I Am
    Isn't the castle decorating public already?
    I am not certain, but I thought it was already up too.
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    At Epcot yesterday they brought in a bunch of CM's from Hong Kong DL to get them ready for the park opening there. China will also have on display a model of the new park set to open September 12, 2005

Quote Originally Posted by TrendyMagic
    China will also have on display a model of the new park set to open September 12, 2005
    How long will this model be on display? Does anyone have any more info about the new park?
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

There is a bunch of info and pics availabel of the park out htere just do a quick search for them. I have not yet heard an offical opening and closing date of the models.

Quote Originally Posted by TrendyMagic
    There is a bunch of info and pics availabel of the park out htere just do a quick search for them. I have not yet heard an offical opening and closing date of the models.
    What is the name of the park?
    - Jas (Rebecca)

disneygramma is offline B-Ticket Holder
    all this is very exciting!!! was not aware that the new attraction in the Animal Kingdom will be up and running for this great event!! have got to start saving for the next trip before everything is gone!!
    Second star to the right....straight on till morning!!!:mickey:

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Jas
    What is the name of the park?

The Hong Kong DL park. I do expect the models to open April 1st since they are closed for 'rehab' right now in China.

Thanks TrendyMagic! I was TOTALLY confused for awhile - I misread the information and was thinking that they were opening a new park in Florida in September and was wondering why I had heard absolutely nothing about it. Ok, now I am on the same page that everyone else was on a month ago.
    - Jas (Rebecca)