Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Parents left girl in hot stroller, rode 'Pirates' in the News & Rumors forums; From the Orlando Sentinel: ================================================= Parents left girl in hot stroller, rode 'Pirates' Willoughby Mariano | Sentinel Staff Writer June 26, 2007 Two Orange County parents were arrested on child-abuse ...
    Timbo is offline Fastpass Holder

Post Parents left girl in hot stroller, rode 'Pirates'

From the Orlando Sentinel:
    =================================================
    Parents left girl in hot stroller, rode 'Pirates'

Willoughby Mariano | Sentinel Staff Writer
    June 26, 2007

Two Orange County parents were arrested on child-abuse charges after telling authorities they accidentally left their 3-year-old daughter in a stroller while they rode Pirates of the Caribbean at Walt Disney World.
    =================================================
    Full story here: Parents left girl in hot stroller, rode 'Pirates' -- OrlandoSentinel.com
    Check out my blog or MySpace.

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    Wow... That is all I can say... How can you go and move the stroller and NOT notice your child is in there, after talking with your significant other on who had the child. 45 mins in the sun could be very deadly... Poor child. I hope the proper thing happens. I do not know what that should be, but I hope the right thing happens!!
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    Omg how awful. How would you not realize your daughter was missing if you were both on the ride together??

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    That is horrible. The poor child!

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Did anyone notice the lie in his story? He and his wife both thought each other had the little girl but yet when he went out to move the stroller to a designated area, he didn't see the little girl. What a piece of garbage. I'm sure that wasn't the first ride they left he on, it's just the first one she almost died at. Ban em for life for being stupid.
    Last edited by ohiodisneydad; 06-26-2007 at 02:55 PM.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

vmkplayer is offline <3 ragdollaye
    wow poor thing.. how could you not notice if your child is missing?
    Kingdom Keepers forever!!

SamIAm717 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I didn't notice the lie, but wow, what a completely bogus story. If you are in line at the same ride, aren't you usually somewhat close together? You can't look over and see the little girl is not with your spouse.

It's a case of "selfishness" and not putting the needs of a child in front of their wants. They wanted to go on POTC and they didn't want to wait for their child to wake up, nor did they seem to feel it was necessary to maybe take her to a comfortable location like a baby care center to have her nap.

I hope the right thing happens here too.
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”

These people are IDIOTS, no wait, that's too good of a word for them. Lock them up and give the keys to the prison dog. They should be thankful that someone went and got help and that they didn't find her dead.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

suznels is offline B-Ticket Holder
    As a Mom, this story disgusted me! I don't know about all you guys but when I am out with my kids I am constantly making sure they are all accounted for. At Disney World, for Pete's sake!!!!!!!!
    Suzie

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    I've carried my two oldest girls onto rides as they slept. yes it was uncomfortable but they were my girls so they are my responsibility. These people are fools and they don't deserve that baby. I hope the state takes her away and gives her to someone who can care for her. What about the people they were with? Didn't they have enough common sense to tell them to pick up the baby?
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    Actions speak louder than words, so how about someone strap the parents into a double stroller and park them in the sun for a few hours without a drink!!!
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

very sad

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer13 View Post
    Actions speak louder than words, so how about someone strap the parents into a double stroller and park them in the sun for a few hours without a drink!!!
    Amen Fiona!

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    What a ridiculous lie. How could they possibly say that it was an accident and didnt notice. All that time in the queue and on the ride they would have noticed that they didnt have their child. I cant believe that they would take their child to Walt Disney World and do this to them. Terrible.
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    What's wrong with people? Mind boggling.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast