Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Downtown DIsney Pipe Bomb in the News & Rumors forums; DOwntown disney was attacked by a pipe bomb this morning... I dont think anyone was killed or injured but this is indeed sad news... ANyone who has more info about ...
    gonesouthin is offline Let me be.... YOUR HIGH FIBER

Downtown DIsney Pipe Bomb

DOwntown disney was attacked by a pipe bomb this morning... I dont think anyone was killed or injured but this is indeed sad news... ANyone who has more info about the pipe bomb at walt disney worlds downtown disney please post
    Life isn't about the destination, everybody gets to that. It is about the journey.

Download my Disney Toolbar! It has links to tons of great disney sites like this one!!!

tiggerguy is online now All Around Good Guy
    I cannot find any info on the local Orlando TV websites. A google search of a pipe bomb at PI was back 5 or more years ago
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

alright i got more details... no one died... It happened after midnight... the only way you are going to find anything right now is to watch tickers on news channels... dont bother google-ing it cuz thats what i did when i heard about it... so turn on the news... pay close attention... Im going to try to find something more

But please dont come on here and tell me you dont believe me... Cause it did happen... I saw it on fox...

the internet doesnt have everything
    Life isn't about the destination, everybody gets to that. It is about the journey.

Download my Disney Toolbar! It has links to tons of great disney sites like this one!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gonesouthin View Post
    DOwntown disney was attacked by a pipe bomb this morning... I dont think anyone was killed or injured but this is indeed sad news... ANyone who has more info about the pipe bomb at walt disney worlds downtown disney please post
    UPDATE: According to my step dad who first told me the story... It happened at 12:06 this morning... I havent found anything online and Fox News hasnt said a word about it since 6 am. Mr. Mark from the DPN says that they could have just been referring to an incedent that happened in mid may... But my step dad swears to god they said it happened at 12:06 this morning... and no one was injured or killed.

Quote Originally Posted by gonesouthin View Post
    alright i got more details... no one died... It happened after midnight... the only way you are going to find anything right now is to watch tickers on news channels... dont bother google-ing it cuz thats what i did when i heard about it... so turn on the news... pay close attention... Im going to try to find something more

But please dont come on here and tell me you dont believe me... Cause it did happen... I saw it on fox...

the internet doesnt have everything
    Don't be a butt head. I did not say I didn't believe you. I just asked you where you heard about it
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    here is the article from the Orlando Sential...

Deputies investigate suspicious incident at Disney

Walter Pacheco | Sentinel Staff Writer 10:04 AM EDT, July 2, 2007 Downtown Disney once again is in the spotlight this morning after deputies encountered smoke rising from a dumpster in what officials are calling a "suspicous incident.".

Orange County Sheriff Kevin Beary is holding a news conference at 10:30 a.m. in reference to the incident.

A Disney employee told deputies that at about 12:30 a.m. he heard a noise and saw smoke coming from a dumpster in a remote part of Downtown Disney, according to a sheriff's office press release. When deputies arrived, they secured the area and later reported no damage or injuries.

Earlier news reports speculated that the package was a pipe bomb; however, deputies are not releasing any other information until the press conference.

Downtown Disney is a popular spot frequented by tourists and locals for its shopping and entertainment, but last week, some of its security policies came under fire.

Walt Disney World on June 27 ejected four of Florida State University's top football prospects - including the son of a Disney manager and the son of a Philadelphia civil-rights lawyer - from Downtown Disney under its anti-gang, no-loitering policy and banned them from entering the theme parks for life.

After Disney officials were questioned about security and the use of racial profiling to target and drive out minority youth, they decided to revise the trespass warnings so that the four are banned only from Downtown Disney for one year.
    Deputies investigate suspicious incident at Disney -- OrlandoSentinel.com

Suspicious Incident At Downtown Disney Investigated - Local News Story - WKMG Orlando

there's a link to another local news station.

So right now they don't know what it is, but they are looking into it.

So look for more news in 10 minutes at the 10:30am news conference.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    Wow... This is a little scary.. I hope things down there are okay..

I do not think we need to use name calling towards other people. I think there was a misunderstanding and we are all okay.. So name calling doesn't need to be used.
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    i wonder withit being so close to the 4th if it was just a M-80 someone throw inthere or something??
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

thinktink22 is offline A-Ticket holder

yeah, I'm going tomorrow with my friend to DTD..
    I hope it will be open.. does anyone know if it will be??
    Disney College Program - Spring 2012 hopeful!

Quote Originally Posted by thinktink22 View Post
    yeah, I'm going tomorrow with my friend to DTD..
    I hope it will be open.. does anyone know if it will be??
    Most likely it will be open. News reports are now saying it was a very small device. Security most likely will be more
    prevalent though.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy View Post
    Don't be a butt head. I did not say I didn't believe you. I just asked you where you heard about it
    woops... sorry didnt mean to come off as a butthead... just someone had indeed said they didnt believe me... so i just thought i would mention it

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    Device Similar to Pipe Bomb Explodes in Disney World Parking Lot

Monday, July 02, 2007

ORLANDO, Fla. — A device similar to a pipe bomb exploded in a trash can at a remote Walt Disney World parking lot early Monday, authorities said. No one was injured and no serious damage was reported in what officials believe was an isolated incident.
    An employee heard a loud noise and saw white smoke coming from the can near the Downtown Disney shopping and entertainment district, Orange County Sheriff Kevin Beary said.
    "We have recovered a very crude, homemade, low-level device," Beary said. "Because of the time and location of the event, we do not believe this incident was designed to cause significant property damage or injury. We also believe this is an isolated incident."
    Beary said investigators were still trying to determine what the device was made of, but "end caps" typical of pipe bombs were found at the scene. Beary said it blew holes in the can and blasted off its doors.
    Beary said federal authorities also have looked into the incident.
    Beary said authorities were on high alert because of the airport attack in Scotland and attempted car bombings in London, combined with the July Fourth holiday this week.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

nick.jeschke is offline Annual Passholder
    I could not believe it when I saw it on the CNN International ticker...jeez...what a thing to come back to from vacation...

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Very scary. Of all place for this to happen. Not that it should happen anywhere, but Disney?
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

nick.jeschke is offline Annual Passholder
    I can't believe someone would even try to pull something like that at a family place.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast