Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Attend Colgate Country Showdown taping at Epcot in the News & Rumors forums; Attend Colgate Country Showdown taping at Epcot Date: 01/11/2005 Country music artist Sara Evans will host the 23rd annual Colgate Country Showdown national final, scheduled to air nationwide in the ...
    Lou Mongello is online now Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

Attend Colgate Country Showdown taping at Epcot

Attend Colgate Country Showdown taping at Epcot
    Date: 01/11/2005

Country music artist Sara Evans will host the 23rd annual Colgate Country Showdown national final, scheduled to air nationwide in the spring, at the America Gardens Theatre at Epcot at 6 p.m. on Jan. 29.

Park Guests and Cast Members are invited to attend the taping of the hour-long show that will include six performers competing for a $100,000 prize and the title of "Best New Act in Country Music."

Evans, a previous Showdown contestant, was the most nominated artist at the 2001 Country Music Academy Awards, following the release of her double platinum album "Born to Fly."

Other previous contestants include country music artists Billy Ray Cyrus, Martina McBride, Neal McCoy, Tim McGraw, John Michael Montgomery and LeAnn Rimes.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    I swear, every time I see that title "Colgate Country Showdown taping at Epcot" I think of the countries of World Showcase doing battle.

Then I realize it's country music, and I become much less interested.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    So this is what Sam was rambling on about last night in chat...
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    ME? ramble? yeah, right. I was in shock and awe of my new computer, I say...