Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Disney officials announce Epcot Festival spotlighting Oklahoma in the News & Rumors forums; From the Cushing Daily Citizen (Cushing, Oklahoma): ================================================= Published: July 31, 2007 06:34 pm Gov. Henry, Disney officials announce Epcot Festival spotlighting Oklahoma Submitted Report Oklahoma City – Governor Brad ...
    Timbo is offline Fastpass Holder

Post Disney officials announce Epcot Festival spotlighting Oklahoma

From the Cushing Daily Citizen (Cushing, Oklahoma):
    =================================================
    Published: July 31, 2007 06:34 pm
    Gov. Henry, Disney officials announce Epcot Festival spotlighting Oklahoma
    Submitted Report

Oklahoma City – Governor Brad Henry announced Tuesday that Walt Disney World Resort has invited the State of Oklahoma to be the first state-dedicated marketplace experience at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival this fall.

Epcot will mark the 12th year of the festival, which is hailed as one of the longest and largest food and wine festivals in the world. This year’s festival will be held from Sept. 28 to Nov. 11 at Epcot at the Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Fla. and features cuisine from across the globe, a spectacular live music concert series, and exciting demonstrations and seminars from Disney and celebrity chefs.

“In the year of our state centennial celebration – a year in which we honor our state’s storied past and look ahead to a limitless futures – it is truly exciting that Oklahoma has embarked on this unique opportunity with one of the great hallmarks of American entertainment and recreation, the Walt Disney World Resort,” said Gov. Henry. “This year’s Festival provides an unparalleled spotlight for Oklahoma and will bring our state closer to festival visitors from throughout the world.”

The backdrop of the Oklahoma Experience at the festival – 100 Stories of Oklahoma – will be three Walls of Wonder depicting Oklahoma Trailblazers through photos and stories. The Walls, which are 12 feet high and 21 feet long, will provide Disney guests with interactive activities that also will allow them to discover the history of Oklahoma and the great personalities that have helped shape the image of the state.

“This is an exciting opportunity to showcase the natural beauty and amazing resources of our state, including our talented people,” said Secretary of Commerce and Tourism Natalie Shirley. “The Epcot International Food & Wine Festival provides a high-quality venue to promote tourism in Oklahoma to a worldwide audience as well as target economic development opportunities.”

The Oklahoma experience will contain food and beverage kiosks, an artisan area, entertainment area, a merchandise and information shop modeled after the Price Tower, children’s activities, cultural/tourism representatives and cooking demonstrations.

Artisans from Oklahoma will perform on a daily basis at the experience and will be able to sell commissioned original artwork to festival guests.

For more information about the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, guests can call (407) WDW-FEST (407) 939-3378 for special events and programs. Festival details are available at the Web site: Walt Disney World Resort - Detecting Browser Properties . . ..
    =================================================
    Full story here: The Cushing Daily Citizen, Cushing, Oklahoma - Gov. Henry, Disney officials announce Epcot Festival spotlighting Oklahoma
    Check out my blog or MySpace.

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    uhm... wow.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Yeah, my favorite state to go on a vacation to
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Thats cool a great way to learn about the state

oldschooledge is offline A-Ticket holder
    I dont get it, but i bet Disney will do the state good.

jadezuki is offline B-Ticket Holder
    When I saw the headline I thought they meant Oklahoma!

SamIAm717 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I'm just glad that American (Tex/Mex, Southwestern, Native American, BBQ) foods will be available for sampling at the Epcot F&W Festival. We could use a little representation there!

Oklahoma is a good a state as any and I hope they enjoy their Disney spotlight!

What would Illinois bring to the F&W festival... let's see, deep dish pizza, Chicago style hot dogs, Eli's Cheesecake???
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”