Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Disney raising rates Sunday 8/5 in the News & Rumors forums; From the Orlando Sentinal: Walt Disney World raising ticket price to $71 The price of magic goes up this weekend at Walt Disney World, where the basic adult ticket is ...
    Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Unhappy Disney raising rates Sunday 8/5

From the Orlando Sentinal:

Walt Disney World raising ticket price to $71

The price of magic goes up this weekend at Walt Disney World, where the basic adult ticket is climbing 6 percent to a record $71.

Disney on Friday announced a whole range of new ticket prices that take effect Sunday. The price changes also affect the discount packages that still can push the per-day cost below $23 for adults who want to commit to as much as a 10-day run at Disney's four theme parks.

But almost all the prices are going up. And for the second year in a row, Disney is raising its prices in August rather than in December or January, when theme parks historically announced price increases.

An adult, one-day, one-park pass that now costs $67 will go up to $71. Price increases of 3 percent to 6 percent were tacked onto most of Disney's "Magic Your Way" tickets and annual passes.

There was no word Friday out of either Universal Orlando or SeaWorld Orlando about whether they, too, expect to raise prices soon. But Central Florida's theme-park resorts have a history of raising ticket prices at about the same time to about the same amounts.

Disney's increase came just two days after Walt Disney Co. announced a $1.1 billion corporate profit and another good quarter at the company's theme parks, where profit margins were exceeding 20 percent.

Disney officials said the price timing had nothing to do with the corporate earnings; rather, it was tied to the annual planning cycles of travel wholesalers, tour organizers and commercial publications. They need their 2008 information soon.

And there was no indication Friday that anyone expects Disney's new price to start scaring away customers.

"We strongly believe that Walt Disney World represents a great entertainment value. Our guests agree," spokesman Rick Sylvain said. "In our guests surveys, nine out of 10 rate their theme park experience from good to excellent
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    Mickey...bleed me dry why don't ya
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

dude22blue is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Got a letter from The magic for less telling me that the price increase would affect my package for December but less than a min ago I got another e-mail saying that trips that has already given a deposit will not be affected by the price increase. Just letting you all know.

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Nooooooo, will it ever stop?
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Quote Originally Posted by nicks10 View Post
    Nooooooo, will it ever stop?
    No it won't, I'm sorry.
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    At $85 for a seven day unlimited pass per person, maybe it's time to become ohiouniversalstudiosdad. I'm telling ya, the family summer vacation is soon going to be a thing of the past....
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

ungis is offline E-Ticket Holder
    this is not good, this will further open the time gap when I get to return to WDW, prices going up?? As if they don't charge enough already, oyy!!
    Can't wait to go back !!!
    First WDW trip June, 1996 - Lots of Disneyland trips in between -Last WDW trip December, 2006
    WDW College Program Alumni - Fall 2001
    Hello to all Disney fans !!!

This is why I bought my tickets last year before the price increase. I now have my tickets for my Dec. 08 trip bought and paid for. Just a thought-if you think you're going in the next year or so buy your tickets now. You'll save some money plus you'll already have your tickets for your next trip.

Or buy and sell them on Ebay after the increase.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

BeastlyKingdom? is offline finally in college... hello disney college program
    here what screamscape reports

Screamscape sources have given us early warning that Walt Disney World is ready to raise ticket prices this week as early as Sunday. Our source indicated that the increase could be as much as $4, rasing the price of an adult ticket from $67 to $71 before tax and the new child ticket will likely cost $60. As we saw in the $4 increase last August, they also added the same extra $4 a day across the board to the multi-day tickets as well. Our source claims that there may also be a change for the positive for the Water Park Fun & More ticket options that could add extra days of use to your passes, but I don’t have any more details on that yet. You’ve been warned... so if your looking to buy tickets, do it today from the parks or your local Disney store.
    It’s worth nothing that this is on the heels of a $8 increase in 2006. After last year’s increases Screamscape readers were surveyed and clearly voted by just over 98% that they felt any park ticket price over $60 was unreasonable and 88.75% also felt that prices should never gone over $50. You can also expect Universal Orlando to likely raise their ticket prices within a week or two, and SeaWorld / Busch Gardens to follow suit by the end of the year at the latest.
    the only 18 year old boy who like disney more than girls......... nvm disney is a close 2nd

I think back on why i am so strange now i know why .... I blame Disney but i still love it

" we have always tried to be guided by the basic idea that, in the discovery of knowledge, there is great entertainment."
    - walt disney

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    This is just a random factoid, but the new Union Contract with Disney put in a raise for employees this September. This increase could have a tiny bit to do with the raise that all Disney employees get this September. I have no clue if this is true or not. it's just some information I have that I wanted to through out there.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

pretty soon it will be $100.00.....
    Adrien

Your 14 year old disney expert!

If I go crazy, will you still call me superman?

...yep, then $104, then...

(ahh - remember when the price of bread was only...?)

Ok, I have a stupid question. The dining plan doesn't include tip anymore. Exactly how did the servers receive their tip when it was in the dining plan? Was it just put in their paycheck somehow?

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Till the end of December the DDP still includes tip. Not sure how it was paid out to them tho. I read something once on it but cant remember.

Anyway, SOOOOO glad I got my tickets on Friday. Saved about 100 bucks. Tho if I figured out right the cost to upgrade to an AP is still about the same for us.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    How does this affect our Oct Trip? We've paid the deposit but have not paid the balance. Will that up our package?
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast