Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss New Character Buffet in the News & Rumors forums; I got this from WDW News Today: Another Buffet with Character??? Today at Animal Kingdom, the Tusker House closed to begin it's major dining changes. The location is being changed ...
    disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!

Exclamation New Character Buffet

I got this from WDW News Today:

Another Buffet with Character???

Today at Animal Kingdom, the Tusker House closed to begin it's major dining changes. The location is being changed over to a character buffet and is scheduled to open once again about the same time the new Yak and Yeti Restaurant opens in the park in November. The buffet will be open for three meals a day, dining reservations are not available yet for the restaurant.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

cheshire_cat_81 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    it's about time they started helping out the dining facilities in AK. I always like there is no where to eat there...

astrogirl is offline A-Ticket holder
    I don't think it's technically a "new" character buffet. I believe the character theming from Donald's Breakfastosaurus is shifting to this new restaurant.

cheshire_cat_81 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Oh...IMHO they still needed more sit-down facilities...I am excited to see the Yak and Yeti!

StarsNStripes is offline 40th was amazing!
    This has been in the works for a while I believe. Back in March when I was there they had the walls up around the TH restaraunt doing the refurb to make it a sit down. I also heard that with this new character buffet, they'd be doing away with Donald's Breakfastosaurus. Anyone know for sure on this?
    I'm about as All-American as they come!
    *Natalie*
    Must get a new trip on the books! I'm dyin' here!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    The reports are that the new character meal at Tusker House will indeed replace Donald's Breakfastosaurus. Here is the report from May on AllEarsNet.com AllEarsNet®
    Tusker House, at Animal Kingdom is being converted to a buffet service restaurant to open in early November. It will offer a Character Breakfast called Donald's Safari Breakfast and will offer non-character buffets for lunch and dinner. It will be open from 8am - 10:30am for Breakfast and 11:30 until park closing for lunch and dinner. Both indoor and outdoor seating will be available.
    To make the necessary renovations, Tusker house will be closed from August 20 until November 17th. During this time, the Safari Celebration Dinner Grand Gathering will be unavailable. The last Safari Grand Gathering will be on August 19th. It will return on November 25th.
    Donald's Breakfastosaurus character breakfast will end after November 5th. Restaurantosaurus wil continue to be open as a quick service restaurant from 10:30am until park closing.
    Reservations will not be needed for the outdoor seating since that area will not be part of the Character Breakfast.
    Once Tusker House reopens, the Kusafiri Coffee Shop and Bakery will remain open but only from the outdoor window.
    At this time the characters at the new breakfast will be Donald, Daisy, Mickey and Goofy (of course that is always subject to change and daily availablity of the stars).

-Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Mickey's#1Fan is offline Ready to go back to the World!
    Massachusetts... not close enough to the world :(
    sounds good to me!!!! they do need more sit down places!!! and i cant wait to see yak and yeti!!!!!
    Jennah
    Remember the MAGIC
    "a dream can be a dream come true with just that spark in me and you!"
    "in the big blue world...."
    "because i'm a lady... thats why"
    "it's a great BIG beautiful tomorrow!""Beware of hitch hiking ghosts!!"
    "it's hard to be cool when your dad is goofy!"

"please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated safely inside the theater safely"- dr. nigel channing imagination institute

check...check...check...check...applause- four for a dollar

WDW
    Trips: '90 '91 '92 '93 '94 '95 '96 '97 '98 '99 '00 '01 '02 '03 '04
    '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '12

dcd1701 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I'm looking forward to seeing it, although Tusker House was our traditional 'sit down and have a snack' location before heading back out into the sun

AAADisneyFan is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I've been bummed about this since I first heard the news months ago...the food at Tusker House was awesome. They could have moved the character breakfast there and kept lunch and dinner as they were.
    AAADisneyFan
    Eleven Visits Since 2003!!

DisneyGuy87 is offline Annual Passholder
    I don't think the themeing will be at all the same, I wouldnt expect that. It's going from Dinoland to Africa, kinda different. I would expect all new themeing to the breakfast.

Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder
    You can never have too many buffets

bucknut20 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I like the idea.

tawnilai is offline D-Ticket Holder
    i must say that the name yak and yeti sounds gross but i hope its good

"Dream Dare Belive Do"- Walt Disney