Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss New Fast Pass Systems in the News & Rumors forums; i did not hear about the new machines and the phone thing but my grandfrather lives in fl and he read pieces of an article about giving guests that stay ...
    Mickey's#1Fan is offline Ready to go back to the World!
    Massachusetts... not close enough to the world :(
    i did not hear about the new machines and the phone thing but my grandfrather lives in fl and he read pieces of an article about giving guests that stay in a more expensive resort better times!!! i think there thinking is that people will spend more money on a hotel room just to get a better fast pass time! i do not quite agree with this theory for example my family and i have been to disney world every year since i was born and we only stay at value resorts so we save money and but lots of souviners instead lol!! after all when we go we are only at the hotel to sleep!! i dont see how they can get better times especially since it could be a familys first time and they stay at an expensive hotel and get a better fastpass time than me a faithful disney fanatic that goes every year!! yeah so i am a little confused about this i like the way they have it now equal opportunity for all park guests no matter where you stay or even if you are just on a day trip!! i have a feeling many disney fans will be upset!!! when my grandfather sends the article i will try and post it!!!
    Jennah
    Remember the MAGIC
    "a dream can be a dream come true with just that spark in me and you!"
    "in the big blue world...."
    "because i'm a lady... thats why"
    "it's a great BIG beautiful tomorrow!""Beware of hitch hiking ghosts!!"
    "it's hard to be cool when your dad is goofy!"

"please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated safely inside the theater safely"- dr. nigel channing imagination institute

check...check...check...check...applause- four for a dollar

WDW
    Trips: '90 '91 '92 '93 '94 '95 '96 '97 '98 '99 '00 '01 '02 '03 '04
    '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '12

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I never even thought about cell phones going off at inappropriate times. That's another downside to this idea. I can see where day visitors would really feel like second class guests. Talk about making the Florida residents feel unwelcome - and I'm soon to be in that group. Now if this really makes ALL lines faster, hey, I can accept that.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    wow people fly off the handles easily. Folks, calm down. Disney has filed patents, nothing more. You file a patent when you have an idea for a technology that you *might* *someday* *maybe* want to use, and you don't want anyone else to make money off it because you had the idea first. That's all. Nothing about either Jim Hill's article nor the Sentinel's article in ANY WAY says that there are any changes coming to FastPass.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Quote Originally Posted by mritty View Post
    wow people fly off the handles easily. Folks, calm down. Disney has filed patents, nothing more. You file a patent when you have an idea for a technology that you *might* *someday* *maybe* want to use, and you don't want anyone else to make money off it because you had the idea first. That's all. Nothing about either Jim Hill's article nor the Sentinel's article in ANY WAY says that there are any changes coming to FastPass.
    I've been a Disney nut long enough to know that if something makes it to the papers then it may come true. Disney wants more then anything to get as many guests as possible on their property and this is just another way of doing this. Look at it this way, the DDP is only available to resort guests right? Universal's plan allows guests to eat as much as you want at limited number of restaurants, of course dinks are extra, for $25! This may seem like a knee jerk reaction from us but its because its another change that Disney is just wrong on.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    I've been a Disney nut long enough to know that if something makes it to the papers then it may come true.
    Keyword: may.

This may seem like a knee jerk reaction from us but its because its another change that Disney is just wrong on.
    That's exactly my point. There is no change! Nothing has been announced. They've done nothing but file patents! That's IT. Look into the patent database sometime - as these articles showed, they're publically viewable - and see the millions of patentst that have been filed that never amounted to anything tangible. I'm not saying it wouldn't be a bad change IF that change happened. I'm saying there's no reason to suspect that a change is going to happen.

tawnilai is offline D-Ticket Holder
    hmm intersting, but i think that if this change does happen i will be boycotting disney even tho i love it so much, but i mean it seems ppl are straying from walts original dream if this did happen it would be dumb and horrible. walt wouldnt want low income families being discriminated against

"Dream Dare Belive Do"- Walt Disney

Keyword: may.

That's exactly my point. There is no change! Nothing has been announced. They've done nothing but file patents! That's IT. Look into the patent database sometime - as these articles showed, they're publically viewable - and see the millions of patentst that have been filed that never amounted to anything tangible. I'm not saying it wouldn't be a bad change IF that change happened. I'm saying there's no reason to suspect that a change is going to happen.
    Well lets see.... the rumor was Disney MAY raise rates at the parks and resorts and they did, even though they had record profits. Rumor was there MAY be changes to the DDP and there was. The rumor was that DIsney MAY make changes to the various seasons and they did! Disney is a businsess and the plan is to make a stay on Disney property the most attractive option and that is what they are doing. The point I was hoping to make is that Disney is a place where everyone should feel equal and not a "esser valued guest because they stay off property and if anyone wanted to stop proposed changes it is best to do so now before a new program is established. My family's magical memories are just as important any other family that stays on property
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Zipadeedooda is offline Fastpass Holder
    This is the stupidest idea ever!!! its way too complex and confusing. what iif ur phones die,miss the call, or it goes off on a ride. also the whole thing about staying at a more expensive hotel is unfair!! y shud get special privelages 4 staying at more expensive hotels.my family has been to wdw 4 17 years and have gotten squat bac. this makes me very angry
    Noah

Where Magic Lives

"its a glorious three hour finale I call A Tribute to all Nations but Mostly AMERICA!"

"Now approaching Tomorrowland's Space Mountain"

Well lets see.... the rumor was Disney MAY raise rates at the parks and resorts and they did, even though they had record profits. Rumor was there MAY be changes to the DDP and there was. The rumor was that DIsney MAY make changes to the various seasons and they did! Disney is a businsess and the plan is to make a stay on Disney property the most attractive option and that is what they are doing.
    Well let's see... the rumor was that Carrosell of Progress may be closing, and it didn't. The rumor was Disney/MGM Studios may be renamed Disney/Pixar Studios, and it hasn't. The rumor was that Star Tours may get updated, and it hasn't. The rumor was that there may be a fifth park opening, and there isn't. The rumor was that Pooh's Playful Spot might not last more than a year, and it has. Etcetera etcetera etcetera.

The point I was hoping to make is that Disney is a place where everyone should feel equal and not a lesser valued guest because they stay off property and if anyone wanted to stop proposed changes it is best to do so now before a new program is established. My family's magical memories are just as important any other family that stays on property
    You keep saying that like I'm disagreeing with you. I'm not. I agree - IF this rumor ever turns out to be true, it will be a horrible thing. There's just no reason to believe that it ever will. I'm not even saying it's wrong to express your disapproval of such a possible idea. I'm saying it's shocking how quickly people seem to lose all logic and reason when they hear something like this.

The rumor was Disney/MGM Studios may be renamed Disney/Pixar Studios, and it hasn't. The rumor was that Star Tours may get updated, and it hasn't.

The rumor was that there may be a fifth park opening, and there isn't. The rumor was that Pooh's Playful Spot might not last more than a year, and it has. Etcetera etcetera etcetera. You keep saying that like I'm disagreeing with you. I'm not. I agree - IF this rumor ever turns out to be true, it will be a horrible thing. There's just no reason to believe that it ever will. I'm not even saying it's wrong to express your disapproval of such a possible idea. I'm saying it's shocking how quickly people seem to lose all logic and reason when they hear something like this.
    MGM has changed it's name and there may well be a fifth park somewhere down the line. We get emotional over this. Its a passion for all of us! Plus for me, I always expect the worst.

Hypermommy is offline Fastpass Holder
    Well lets see.... the rumor was Disney MAY raise rates at the parks and resorts and they did, even though they had record profits. Rumor was there MAY be changes to the DDP and there was. The rumor was that DIsney MAY make changes to the various seasons and they did! Disney is a businsess and the plan is to make a stay on Disney property the most attractive option and that is what they are doing. The point I was hoping to make is that Disney is a place where everyone should feel equal and not a "esser valued guest because they stay off property and if anyone wanted to stop proposed changes it is best to do so now before a new program is established. My family's magical memories are just as important any other family that stays on property
    There's also been rumors that they may open a villians park, that they may go to Branson, and I'm sure many, many more. I think mritty's right... we just need to see what happens with this before we start to fly off the handle. Personally, I have no problem with the idea (FPs still in park but the more you pay per room the better your chances of getting a better one) because I'm something of a pure capitalist. But it's too early to know exactly what's going to happen yet.
    Hypermommy

satijp is offline Fastpass Holder
    I don't remember if it was Disney or Universal (I know I know, don't shoot me... it was a long time ago and I was in college), but if you had an AP you used to be able to hold up to 3 FP at a time instead of just having one, which is what you'd get with a single day tix. Hopefully, if something like the above is entertained, they'd know well enough to keep those who continually return (and spend $$$ on food, souvenirs, etc.) happy and coming back.
    -Tanya

Jan '07 Pop Century, Mar '07 Day Trip, April '07 Off Property, May '07 OKW, July '07 POR, Oct '07 Pop Century (& MNSSHP!!!), Dec '07 Day Trip

Jan '08 POR
    Feb '08 Pop
    Mar '08 Off Property
    April '08 AS Sports - I think - still gotta book it

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Fastpass is fine the way it is now, with these changes it will only become more congested and defeat the purpose.
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

I'm a capitalist as well but I'm not an elitest, and if these plans are true, my point is they reek of eliteism. I CAN see this type of program being implemented. My point is that if this might actually come true, an outpouring of polite but to the point emails could stop Disney from doing this. I would dare say that the average American Family is the driving profit factor behind the Disney machine and they might listen to us

tawnilai is offline D-Ticket Holder
    i dont know why they woould do it why fix something that works great?

"Dream Dare Belive Do"- Walt Disney

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12