Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss New Fast Pass Systems in the News & Rumors forums; I got this from WDW News Today: Fastpass for A Price In a new article on Jim Hill Media, it has been reported that Disney has patened a new fastpass ...
    disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!

Exclamation New Fast Pass Systems

I got this from WDW News Today:

Fastpass for A Price

In a new article on Jim Hill Media, it has been reported that Disney has patened a new fastpass system. The new system would work with mobile devices and Disney distributed devices to do away with the use of paper and park passes in the system. Guests would electronically recieve their fastpass tickets and just have to flash the message on their device to the cast member in charge of the fastpass queue. The new system would require guests register for attractions the day before they go to the park the fastpass is to be used for. The system could also use your mobile device to tell you 5 minutes before your fastpass is good for use. The system would also give first preference to guests staying at Disney Resorts, and more importantly, deluxe resorts. In effect, depending on how expensive your hotel room, you would be paying for an added perk of priority fastpass. This would be a good way of Disney making sure that guests stay at more expensive resorts such as The Grand Floridian and The Contemporary. There is no date or timeframe for when this new system may begin.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I really hope this is not an accurate story. Whatever happened to keeping the playing field level for all guests? I know that there are perks to be had, but isn't just staying in a nicer hotel a big enough perk?
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    It makes me wonder if the hotel room prices will be increased because of this extra perk?
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    I hope they will have this AND the machines in the park.
    Last edited by disneyfanatic101; 09-05-2007 at 04:35 PM.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer13 View Post
    It makes me wonder if the hotel room prices will be increased because of this extra perk?
    ...or if the ticket prices will be decreased, since the availability of one of the benefits park admission buys you would have to be decreased in order to permit this...

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by disneyfanatic101 View Post
    I hope they will have this AND the machines in the park.
    If they follow Universal's model, they will have both -- but the machines will be empty because all the FPs that would normally be in them would have to be set aside for resort guests.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Theres no shock here at all. Things are getting out of reach for the average American Family. My wife and I plan for a long time before we go to WDW and we stay off property to save money. Now unless we want to stand in line all day I've got to find a way to stay on property. I'm the only one who works because we have 3 little girls saving is hard enough now.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

ERich2010 is offline just cant get enough
    Why is Disney copying off of Universal? I HATED that when i went to Universal this year. besides, what if you want a spur-of-the-moment fastpass? you cant cuz u have to register. stupid.
    Eric

Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me...

Bangarang Rufio

DisneyGuy87 is offline Annual Passholder
    Wow...that seems a little messed up. Fastpass is going to become an elitest kinda thing now?? Come one why mess with something that works and that people enjoy...thats harsh

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    I hope this is just a rumor...
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Sparrowni2010 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    ok what about people who don't have cellphones? Or their phone dies? or they're just too stupid to understand how text messaging works? Or they turn their phone off to be curteous to shows going on....oh yeah I can actually imagine it now, I'm doing my show and all of a sudden 10 cellphones beep because they have to go to their fastpass....

sorry Disney, this is your dumbest idea ever....

I will find out for you guys today if this is real or just a rumor. Although I doubt my managers would know any more....

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    Disney just updated their fastpass systems so I doubt this is true. I agree that it'd be a dumb idea.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Timbo is offline Fastpass Holder

Post Disney's FastPass entering digital era

From the Orlando Sentinel:
    =================================================
    Disney's FastPass entering digital era

Scott Powers | Sentinel Staff Writer
    September 6, 2007

Walt Disney World visitors could someday order line-skipping, "FastPass" ride tickets from their cell phones or home computers, and could receive preferential treatment based on the price of their Disney accommodations, using a new technology the resort's parent company is developing.
    =================================================
    Full story here: Disney's FastPass entering digital era -- OrlandoSentinel.com
    Check out my blog or MySpace.

PioneerDuster is offline A-Ticket holder
    I can see a benefit of paper elimination - but that is about it - I just make sure to stay out of parks on "extra hours" days as a general rule. The idea being that there would be less hotel guests at non-extra hour parks and therefore not "clogging" the Fast Pass lines. Never hurts to plan for the worst :-(

aph
    aph is offline Fastpass Holder
    When I go to Disney,I go for a vacation and fun. The last thing i want to do is check my cell phone.This is a dumb idea. I can see it now , sitting at The Lion king show and phones beeping and lighting up during a performance. I agree with Mini-v, keeping the playing field level for all guests.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast