Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Main Street Cinema Update in the News & Rumors forums; This is from WDW News Today: Cinema Shutdown The Main Street Cinema on Main Street USA in the Magic Kingdom is now closed for the removal of Virtual Magic Kingdom ...
    disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!

Exclamation Main Street Cinema Update

This is from WDW News Today:

Cinema Shutdown

The Main Street Cinema on Main Street USA in the Magic Kingdom is now closed for the removal of Virtual Magic Kingdom Central. In it's place will be anb Art of Disney store, similar to those that can be found in the other three theme parks and Downtown Disney. The Marquee on the building says "Coming Soon", but no official opening date has been set yet for the store. Expect it to open in early December.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    As reported on the WDW Radio Show podcast on Sunday....

I spoke with the CM who was working at the VMK Central store on Saturday, Oct. 6th. He said that the store was closing on Monday evening (Oct. 8, and I was able to visually confirm that) to be converted into an art gallery, with some of what was in the Kings Gallery, as well as being somewhat similar to the Art of Disney store in Epcot. He hinted that it would be "with a twist" but wouldn't elaborate. They expected the store to reopen in November, with similar decor but a somewhat re-routed entryway to the watch shop.

I was also able to confirm MainStreet USA's guess that the back wall of the Market House, now home of the Crystal Arts shop, would be coming down and the store space enlarged. They are putting a glass oven and a laser cube making system in there as well.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Zipadeedooda is offline Fastpass Holder
    That sounds awesome!!
    Noah

Where Magic Lives

"its a glorious three hour finale I call A Tribute to all Nations but Mostly AMERICA!"

"Now approaching Tomorrowland's Space Mountain"

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Can't wait to see it. Sadly, not until next October.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    I always wanted to be a VMK player, but sadly, I couldn't figure the thing out. Imagine that. So, I am thrilled that it is going to house some possible treasures. I am getting excited because this year I think I may get a bonus and it will be in a lump sum the paycheck before we leave. So, if you are there the first week of February, look for a starry eyed princess milling about trying to decide if she is going to blow all her money!
    Dreams Really Do Come True

cskiff7895 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I can confirm, I heard that the store that was in the castle will be moved to the main street cinema and in it's place will be a boutique

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique opened in Cinderella Castle back on Sept. 10th.
    Previewing The New Bibbiddi Bobbiddi Boutique at Cinderella's Castle (Linda Mac's Orlando Adventures)
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page